Stars announce they will not re-sign Turco

NowDoYouBelieve

The Stars and their longtime goaltender Turco have parted ways. With Lalime probably on his way out after this season, could Turco be our new backup? He's past his prime, but it would be a huge upgrade over Lalime and Thibeault IMO.

I guess the question is, would Turco be willing to acquiesce to being a backup, when there will be a couple of teams looking for a new starter?

Oh, he will end up in Philly making $4 million a year :lol:

QFT

I don't think Turco is going to end up in Buffalo. I think he wants a chance to start. And he'll probably still command much more than backup money.

I'm still thinking Marty Biron Returns to Buffalo.

QFT

I don't think Turco is going to end up in Buffalo. I think he wants a chance to start. And he'll probably still command much more than backup money.

With the exception of the Marlboro Man, I can't think of any former Stars player that has wound up in the Sabres lineup. EDIT: Could it be the animosity following "No Goal"? :unsure:

BTW, I'll be glad when Modano retires. I've never really had a high opinion of him.

QFT

There's no way Turco comes to Buffalo. I think he would want to go somewhere where he knows he can atleast be able to steal the #1 job away with good work. And i doubt we will Biron.

I don't think they can keep Enroth in the minors for a 3rd season. He will get restless and bounce to Europe for more coin. I think Enroth comes to Buffalo as the backup and Ruff actually uses him often early in the season.

I dunno. I don't think Enroth is ready. I'd rather have him traded. Miller is our goalie for the forseeable future. He's in his prime now too. I think he might only be 29 or 30.. So we're gonna keep Enroth as a backup for 5 years? I say trade him.

edit: Miller is 29... Enroth is only 21. So I guess it's doable to have him be the backup for a long period of time. I just don't see how he settles for that but doesn't settle for another year in Portland. That and I really just don't think he's ready for the NHL.

I think the call on the flyers picking him up is sound.There's no reason to believe they'll ever sort out their goaltending problems so picking up Turko will fit in with that senario.

Turco or Thomas...

There's no way Turco comes to Buffalo. I think he would want to go somewhere where he knows he can atleast be able to steal the #1 job away with good work. And i doubt we will Biron.

I don't think they can keep Enroth in the minors for a 3rd season. He will get restless and bounce to Europe for more coin. I think Enroth comes to Buffalo as the backup and Ruff actually uses him often early in the season.

Enroth has a contract, he's not going anywhere. There is no point in rushing him, especially with Miller on the team. If he's the kind of guy that is going to bail at such a young age, I don't want him in this organization anyway. The team still has two years to wait on him before their hand is forced. They'll use every second of that time.

Archived