Has the Slug seen its final game at HSBC?

carpandean

It occurred to me tonight when RJ mentioned they were wearing their thirds tonight (I heard some of the game on radio) that we may not see the Slug in HSBC again. We know that we won't see it next season, but which will they go with in the playoffs?

Note: this is absolutely 100% my least concern going into the playoffs, but it was an interesting thought, so I shared.

As much as we all want the Slug to be gone, has anyone given it a mental picture of our boys wearing the Slug while hoisting the Stanley Cup? Don't get me wrong: we all want the Cup, but having that image in my mind of having the slug accompany it makes me :sick: .

As much as we all want the Slug to be gone, has anyone given it a mental picture of our boys wearing the Slug while hoisting the Stanley Cup? Don't get me wrong: we all want the Cup, but having that image in my mind of having the slug accompany it makes me :sick: .

Others will know better, but I thought there were rules about what they were and how often they were them. Maybe that's suspended for the playoffs.

Others will know better, but I thought there were rules about what they were and how often they were them. Maybe that's suspended for the playoffs.

I really wish I would save links but either last year or the year before, the medicine woman went WAY out of his way, almost fumbling sheepishly, declaring the Sabres would be wearing their throwbacks for any Stanley Cup Fiinals. Could this guy look like any more of a jackass? Constant spin and backpeddling...

I really wish I would save links but either last year or the year before, the medicine woman went WAY out of his way, almost fumbling sheepishly, declaring the Sabres would be wearing their throwbacks for any Stanley Cup Fiinals. Could this guy look like any more of a jackass? Constant spin and backpeddling...

I think he said they would wear it for any game in which they could clinch the Cup. Could be wrong.

I think he said they would wear it for any game in which they could clinch the Cup. Could be wrong.

Does that mean that they have a stash of Winter Classic jerseys sitting around in case they have the chance to clinch on the road? I seem to remember that quote being from 2006-07, but I could be wrong.

Who? Me?

Anyway, what I've heard is this: there is no limit on the number of times a team can wear a third sweater in the playoffs, and the Sabres intend to wear the third sweater for every home game. Of course, they'll have to wear their normal whites when on the road.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but there will not be spin or backpedaling.

Dude. I don't care if they wear handpainted Hanes tees with Byron Brown's butt on them as long as they're carrying the Stanley Cup. :worthy:

Who? Me?

Anyway, what I've heard is this: there is no limit on the number of times a team can wear a third sweater in the playoffs, and the Sabres intend to wear the third sweater for every home game. Of course, they'll have to wear their normal whites when on the road.

If I'm wrong, I'm wrong, but there will not be spin or backpedaling.

Wait. A. Second. Why do you answer to "the medicine woman"?!

Wait. A. Second. Why do you answer to "the medicine woman"?!

It seemed at first that he was using the term generically to refer to prognosticators, ones who read tea leaves or tarot cards, etc. I didn't make the connection between LQ and "medicine woman."

Your other post was exceedingly creepy.

While I don't care what they wear as long as they win, it brings up another good question...what logo is going on the NE Division Champs banner? Will we have to look at the slug for the rest of our lives as it hangs in the rafters?

While I don't care what they wear as long as they win, it brings up another good question...what logo is going on the NE Division Champs banner? Will we have to look at the slug for the rest of our lives as it hangs in the rafters?

That unfortunately might be true.. but as I mentioned previously, if this is the year we win the Cup we'll look back and say.. "Wow, didn't we bid farewell to that logo in style?!"

Actually, do you think they scrap the slug if we do go on to win the Cup this year?! It might become all the rage after the win.. LOL!

So wtf is it going to be, the third jersey's or the throwbacks? That is the question! Thirds for the first 3 rounds then the throwbacks for the finals? Wtf I says.

They clinched it in the thirds, so I say that logo should go on it. :thumbsup:

Archived