Good news on injury front

eball

Been watching the X-Files too much lately?

It never ceases to amaze me how some people rather than expending the energy to verify complicity as to concrete examples of actual deed opt instead for the herd mentality and settle for conspiracy theory!

What a waste of precious brain cells!

Quality control, without it you have mediocrity. Buffalo Sabres are aptitude and skill. It's other teams that need all the help they can get!

GO BUFFALO SABRES!!!

Did you eat a lot of paint chips when you were young?

!

Well I for one would like them back before the season ends. I'm 22 points up in my pool and they are both on my list of players. I'd be home and dry if these latest injuries didn't happen, if I'm not already home and dry.

Funny thing is, if I win, Connolly will be the reason I won it.

So you wouldn't take Iginla, Horton, Datsyuk, Nash, Staal or Perry over Connolly?

I didn't say Connolly wasn't any good, just not a fan of his. He has the lowest goal total of any forward in the top 50 PPG. You need guys to set up goals, I just can't remember many from "the skill".

No sir I'm not arguing with your point, just how you made it. It seemed backward to me that you used the fact that he produces like "star" players against him.

More great news on the injury font, Rivet is out with the flu :thumbsup:

So you think the flu going through the team at playoff time is great news huh? I ask again, why do you even watch?

So you think the flu going through the team at playoff time is great news huh? I ask again, why do you even watch?

As long as Rivet is quarantined to the press box it wont. And if it keeps him out of the lineup even better. If you think Rivet is a good defenseman I have to ask. Not why, if, you even watch?

As long as Rivet is quarantined to the press box it wont. And if it keeps him out of the lineup even better. If you think Rivet is a good defenseman I have to ask. Not why, if, you even watch?

I don't think having the flu on the team is very good at this time of the year. I made no statement about Rivet, one way or the other. I will now. He's better than Sekera and Butler at this stage. Butler got undressed and then schooled on that first goal tonight. I'll take Rivet's game experience over either of those two guys.

Well, in my opinion... It would definatly boost the confidence of this team to get Timmy and Vanek back in the lineup. Sending Gerbe down is not an issue for me, but I would absolutely hate seeing Ennis get sent back down after the job he's done for us in his short stint. IMHO, we should sit Mair in favor of having Ennis in the lineup.

I don't think having the flu on the team is very good at this time of the year. I made no statement about Rivet, one way or the other. I will now. He's better than Sekera and Butler at this stage. Butler got undressed and then schooled on that first goal tonight. I'll take Rivet's game experience over either of those two guys.

Well, in my opinion... It would definatly boost the confidence of this team to get Timmy and Vanek back in the lineup. Sending Gerbe down is not an issue for me, but I would absolutely hate seeing Ennis get sent back down after the job he's done for us in his short stint. IMHO, we should sit Mair in favor of having Ennis in the lineup.

+1 on both of these.

IMHO, we should sit Mair in favor of having Ennis in the lineup.

...and Kaleta over Ellis. Sitting Mair and Ellis reduces the Sabres toughness ever so slightly but the playoffs are when guys are supposed to play out of charcter. I would like to see guys like Grier, Goose, Torres, Hecht, Lydman, Myers and Rivet really carry the load in this department. They need every ounce of physical play they can get.

...and Kaleta over Ellis. Sitting Mair and Ellis reduces the Sabres toughness ever so slightly but the playoffs are when guys are supposed to play out of charcter. I would like to see guys like Grier, Goose, Torres, Hecht, Lydman, Myers and Rivet really carry the load in this department. They need every ounce of physical play they can get.

Also a good move.... But what is the timetable on Kaleta's return?

Torres hasn't done anything to justify playing over anyone including Mair and Ellis.

Torres hasn't done anything to justify playing over anyone including Mair and Ellis.

I can't argue with this, although I do think he has substantially more offensive game than Mair and Ellis have.

Well, he has 11 points in 22 career playoff games with Edmonton. That and the fact that he was a trade deadline aquisition, he'll be in the lineup given he's healthy. Knowing this team, they will need to dress all of their forwards at some point in the playoffs if they make any sort of run.

Well, he has 11 points in 22 career playoff games with Edmonton. That and the fact that he was a trade deadline aquisition, he'll be in the lineup given he's healthy. Knowing this team, they will need to dress all of their forwards at some point in the playoffs if they make any sort of run.

He'll play. If you sit him, you look like a trading fool. I'm hoping the guy who scored 11 points in 22 playoff games emerges. He has three more games to secure a seat on the bench vice pressbox.

All those stats mean nothing!

Sabres have 12 guys with 10 or more goals on their roster. No other team comes close to that.

Really? NHL.com tells me 269 players currently have 10 or more goals, meaning an average of 9 ten-goal scorers per team. I don't have the patience to look up each team, but I'd guess that to say "no other team comes close to that" is likely an exaggeration. Just sayin'.

Archived