[OT] Bar-B-Que

deluca67

Anyone cooking out on the grill today? I got some burgers on the on deck circle, beers on ice and Some Ben & Jerry's for when I am sitting back watching the Sabres vs Habs.

Remember -- in a heart or stroke emergency, Get to Gates. Actually, I'll be next on the table after you. I'm making a homemade pepperoni and sausage pizza and tomorrow I do my annual big carrot cake production along with steaks and twice-baked potatoes filled with pepperjack cheese -- and broccoli to make it all healthy.

Enjoy it. Everyone in this neck of the woods deserves a day like today, after five months of winter.

Edit: Just to be clear, the broccoli is in with the pepperjack!

Anyone cooking out on the grill today? I got some burgers on the on deck circle, beers on ice and Some Ben & Jerry's for when I am sitting back watching the Sabres vs Habs.

Yep. Chicken w/ Chiavetta's and Sahlen's dogs. :thumbsup:

Remember -- in a heart or stroke emergency, Get to Gates. Actually, I'll be next on the table after you. I'm making a homemade pepperoni and sausage pizza and tomorrow I do my annual big carrot cake production along with steaks and twice-baked potatoes filled with pepperjack cheese -- and broccoli to make it all healthy.

Enjoy it. Everyone in this neck of the woods deserves a day like today, after five months of winter.

Edit: Just to be clear, the broccoli is in with the pepperjack!

All sounds good! You need to invite us over.

BBQed some chicken last night. Used a chicago grill spice, the kind you twist out of the container like cracked pepper. Very nice. I also roasted a red, yellow and green pepper on the grill. Cut up the peppers and mixed them with some rice. Laid the chicken over a bed of rice and peppers on my plate. Most excellent. :thumbsup:

BBQed some chicken last night. Used a chicago grill spice, the kind you twist out of the container like cracked pepper. Very nice. I also roasted a red, yellow and green pepper on the grill. Cut up the peppers and mixed them with some rice. Laid the chicken over a bed of rice and peppers on my plate. Most excellent. :thumbsup:

...and most healthy as well! You on a health kick? I've been eating healthy and exercising for the last two years and I've lost 80 lbs. :)

...and most healthy as well! You on a health kick? I've been eating healthy and exercising for the last two years and I've lost 80 lbs. :)

Not exactly. Since my divorce I've put on 15 pounds. I just started riding my bike again, as the weather has been appropriate. I'm not working 5 nights a week anymore, only 2, so that should cut my pizza consumption. I try to eat healthy when I can but it takes work and commitment, so I do what I can. Hopefully, this is a start...

(just had the leftovers for lunch) :)

Not exactly. Since my divorce I've put on 15 pounds. I just started riding my bike again, as the weather has been appropriate. I'm not working 5 nights a week anymore, only 2, so that should cut my pizza consumption. I try to eat healthy when I can but it takes work and commitment, so I do what I can. Hopefully, this is a start...

(just had the leftovers for lunch) :)

Indeed it does, but it's so worth it. Keep it up! :thumbsup:

Last night I cooked up some spicy chicken sausage on my grill, sliced it up and put it into a big salad my wife made...delish! And for breakfast this morning I cubed up the leftover links and put them into an egg-beater fritatta with peppers, onions and some light cheddar. Top with salsa, yum!

Sorry to be a southern pric* here, but you all(sans DeLuca) are doing is called GRILLING..not Q. Q is low and slow over real wood...BTW, anybody that wants to grill and smoke etc in one device needs a Big Green Egg...Best invention EVER!!!!!!!

EDIT, I see Deluca did his pork butt in a slow cooker..that dosen't count as Q either!!!

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Sorry to be a southern pric* here, but you all(sans DeLuca) are doing is called GRILLING..not Q. Q is low and slow over real wood...BTW, anybody that wants to grill and smoke etc in one device needs a Big Green Egg...Best invention EVER!!!!!!!

EDIT, I see Deluca did his pork butt in a slow cooker..that dosen't count as Q either!!!

http://www.biggreenegg.com/

Correct.

Correct.

Sorry I didn't get a giant hunk of fat, cover it with a sugar based liquid, and gorge myself into obesity... :thumbsup:

Grilled lamb last night. Had to do some cleaning before the grill was usable, though. :sick:

I just grilled lamb the other night for the first time. I grilled a butterflied leg. It was really good, but I still think it's a bit juicier when roasted in the oven. OTOH, it took about 1/3 of the time on the grill and was quite good.

BTW, if you like lamb (I love it), I highly recommend the shoulder as a roast. Probably my favorite kind of roast.

I really like grilling vegetables -- peppers, squash, asparagus, etc. One suggestion: cut 'em up and let 'em soak in vinaigrette or Italian or Caesar dressing for a few minutes before you grill 'em.

Archived