Sit Stafford

spndnchz

One goal in 20 plus games?

Ruff's an idiot if he doesn't stick with his "play the best guy".

Ennis in. Stafford out.

I'd even give him Staford's number. More heart more desire more.... need I go on.

(it is margarita night)

One goal in 20 plus games?

Ruff's an idiot if he doesn't stick with his "play the best guy".

Ennis in. Stafford out.

I'd even give him Staford's number. More heart more desire more.... need I go on.

(it is margarita night)

Last time Ruff sat him I think he had two goals his first game back. He didn't exactly keep it up but...Too bad we have a couple guys injured. Tough to sit him in this circumstance.

Ennis in. Stafford out.

:thumbsup: Stafford has been a lame duck this year (we could even extend that back a ways). Every time he touches the puck I fast forward, it's just too painful to watch. Ennis on the other hand, I sit up in anticipation of something. Sure, sometimes it's a rookie mistake, but overall he's making things happen and I like that as a fan.

With that being said, I'm not hopeful that Ruff will see the light.

While I don't disagree that Stafford hasn't been earning his keep...

There's a limit on the number of 'roster' moves the Sabres can do after the trade deadline, and thus, Ennis is being called an 'emergency call-up' that doesn't count against that (due to the various injuries). I also believe salary cap considerations are at play, as the Sabres are close to the cap (though I'd love to hear how much from someone who can crunch the #s).

In other words, don't expect Ennis to stay unless someone gets injured long-term...

I'll be curious to see how his game translates to the playoffs. Yes, Ennis and Gerbe have looked good against some pretty bad teams, but the playoffs are played and officiated differently. Stafford has never seen an NHL playoff game and I think he's got an extra gear that his big body will allow him to do some good things for us. At least that's what I hope.

I'll be curious to see how his game translates to the playoffs. Yes, Ennis and Gerbe have looked good against some pretty bad teams, but the playoffs are played and officiated differently. Stafford has never seen an NHL playoff game and I think he's got an extra gear that his big body will allow him to do some good things for us. At least that's what I hope.

Stafford doesn't hustle and doesn't use his body much either, so while I don't doubt he's got an extra gear I wonder if he feels like using it?

Heck, the way he usually plays, he better have TWO extra gears otherwise he belongs in the AHL.

It's frutrsating to watch, cause I think Stafford has what it takes to become a top 6 player with most teams in the league, talent-wise.

Unfortunately, talent only gets you so far, and it appears nobody told Drew about it.

He did play in the 2007 playoffs. 2-2-4 in 10 games.

Stafford as 13th overall #1 draft choice is a BUST. He doesn't have the brains or the desire. Admit it and move on.

http://wnymedia.net/tag/drew-stafford/

Drew Stafford seems to fall in line with a long string of players in the Sabres system. Buffalo is a franchise with perpetual potential and limited results, and this year Drew seems to fit the stereotype to the letter. He is a forward with good size that only uses it when he is angry, and a scoring touch that comes as quickly as it goes. He seems moody, often preoccupied or even uninterested; a bad mix of emotions in a hockey player.

Stafford as 13th overall #1 draft choice is a BUST. He doesn't have the brains or the desire. Admit it and move on.

http://wnymedia.net/tag/drew-stafford/

Someone will come up with hockey's version of Ritalin or Prozac. They might name it after a hockey player that was subsequently transformed into a Tasmanian devil on skates!

Will it be Stafford?

Archived