Rut Roe DeRuca

Taro T

DeLuca,

It might be time for you to change your signature. Don't worry though, even if you do, I'll keep updating mine. ;)

I was wondering how long it would take for you to jinx him.

It's like a double whammy. Not only is he remaining healthy, except for one stretch of games he has been pretty much invisible. I'm starting to think you are Tim Connolly and your lack of effort is to simply avoid injuries.

:huh: How have I been jinxing him? You're the one that bet against him. (Who could top that kind of mojo? :P ) Actually, I've been tracking and updating the stats after nearly every game. My post was merely an attempt to throw you a bone as I assumed mathematics wasn't your strongest suit, and thought you might like the opportunity to adjust your signature before announcing to the world that you are a debtor. Seeing as how you haven't adjusted your sig, I guess you don't have a problem with it. I'm cool with it either way. ;)

It's like a double whammy. Not only is he remaining healthy, except for one stretch of games he has been pretty much invisible. I'm starting to think you are Tim Connolly and your lack of effort is to simply avoid injuries.

I don't see how Connolly staying healthy is a bad thing to the Sabres and their fans, 'cept of course those silly enough to wager against his health. :beer: (This seemed to be the appropriate smiley as it looks like (at a minimum) the next one will be on you.) :o

As for being invisible, yes, he's only got 3 goals in the last ~20 games, but he does have 13 assists over that span. He also has 10 more points that anyone else on the team, and a double digit lead in assists as well. He's (currently) at a +10 on the season and is on pace to be the only Sabre to top 70 points. I wouldn't exactly call that being "invisible."

Any other arrows in that trusty quiver of yours? ;)

I guess I was just imagining his goal today.

:huh: How have I been jinxing him? You're the one that bet against him. (Who could top that kind of mojo? :P ) Actually, I've been tracking and updating the stats after nearly every game. My post was merely an attempt to throw you a bone as I assumed mathematics wasn't your strongest suit, and thought you might like the opportunity to adjust your signature before announcing to the world that you are a debtor. Seeing as how you haven't adjusted your sig, I guess you don't have a problem with it. I'm cool with it either way. ;)

I don't see how Connolly staying healthy is a bad thing to the Sabres and their fans, 'cept of course those silly enough to wager against his health. :beer: (This seemed to be the appropriate smiley as it looks like (at a minimum) the next one will be on you.) :o

As for being invisible, yes, he's only got 3 goals in the last ~20 games, but he does have 13 assists over that span. He also has 10 more points that anyone else on the team, and a double digit lead in assists as well. He's (currently) at a +10 on the season and is on pace to be the only Sabre to top 70 points. I wouldn't exactly call that being "invisible."

Any other arrows in that trusty quiver of yours? ;)

Who talks like that?

DeLuca, you crack me up.

Once again you manage to ignore the elephant in the room to try to deflect the discussion.

How exactly is Timmy staying healthy a "double whammy?"

One one hand he is healthy which is causing me to lose the bet this season. The second is that he is far from the player so many proclaimed he would be if he could stay healthy.

Being the top point getter on this group of forwards is no great achievement. The 20 year old rookie Tyler Myers is currently fifth on the team in scoring. That should tell you all you need to know about this group of forwards.

One one hand he is healthy which is causing me to lose the bet this season. The second is that he is far from the player so many proclaimed he would be if he could stay healthy.

Being the top point getter on this group of forwards is no great achievement. The 20 year old rookie Tyler Myers is currently fifth on the team in scoring. That should tell you all you need to know about this group of forwards.

I don't really want to get involved, but having a high-scoring rookie defenseman is a bad thing?

He wouldn't even be worthy of a mention if Danny was still here.

I could only imagine the number of Briere threads there would have been if Briere would have gone to be the 100 point per year player some posters insisted he was. I think Briere fans were the first to give more credit to a players prorated production than his actual production like Connolly fans use today.

Archived