[OT] Sushi

cdexchange

Anyone else here like sushi? I think I'm becoming obsessed. After rediscovering it recently, I find myself really looking forward to having it again. I've been spending way too much time the last couple days doing online research about it, deciding what to try next, learning about its history, etc. In the process I've learned more Japanese words than I ever thought I'd know.

So far the only place I've tried around here was Wasabi, and I loved it. Are there any superior sushi joints around the city that you guys can recommend I try?

Also, what types of nigiri, sashimi or maki rolls are your favorites? So far I've tried nigiri of bluefin, unagi, and sea urchin (only thing I didn't like), and a large maki roll with spicy tuna, tempura flakes, avocado and tobiko (delicious!).

Wish it wasn't so damn expensive so I could eat it more often!

Love the maki roll w/ spicy tuna, I'll eat it by the handful. Never had sea urchin, and I hate eel. I can't tell you where to get it in Buffalo, haven't lived there in 4 years and to tell you the truth never once ate sushi when I did live there! Started eating it here in Nashville. I get mine in my neighborhood from Ouyang House , which is actually a Chinese Restaurant(legitimate, no roadkill butchering going on in the kitchen), but they have a fresh sushi bar and an open grill area where the cooks will make you whatever you want. I like crab sashimi, or any kind of white fish or tuna or salmon. Great stuff!

I'll give it a try. No wonder you are still single, Ink!

Well, if we are talking about eating ######, I'll jam my ###### right in a ###### all day long. I'll even eat a girls ###### if she's hot enough. If she's really, really hot, she can ###### right in my ######.

Just wanted to see how that came out with the board filter. Now long before this gets deleted... :beer:

Well, if we are talking about eating ######, I'll jam my ###### right in a ###### all day long. I'll even eat a girls ###### if she's hot enough. If she's really, really hot, she can ###### right in my ######.

Just wanted to see how that came out with the board filter. Now long before this gets deleted... :beer:

sausage

calf

prostate

cooking

automatic withdrawl

bank account

?????????????????????????

I've never had eel in a roll before, but I'm eating it right now...eel roll + Sabres 7-1 lead = nice.

Nice... :) Are you watching at a restaurant or did you make some at home?

Is is unagi or anago? I've never had anago, but I love me some unagi.

I'm hitting up Wasabi again on Wednesday for my birthday!:wub:

Nice... :) Are you watching at a restaurant or did you make some at home?

Is is unagi or anago? I've never had anago, but I love me some unagi.

I'm hitting up Wasabi again on Wednesday for my birthday!:wub:

It was takeout and unagi. And happy birthday!

This was even funnier because when I first read the word "hetero", I though it was some Japanese word that meant non sushi-eater. It wasn't until I went to the Marriam-Webster site to find out it's kinda the opposite.

This made me LOL. Reminds me of when a friend and I had to go on UrbanDictionary.com to find out what "fo shizzle my nizzle" meant. Yeah, I'm that white.

i love california rolls, which is sushi without the raw fish...sorry, can't bear the thought of a 15 foot tapeworm living inside me...

Interesting...I did some quick research and found this:

"On the whole, American sushi is very safe. People are far more likely to get sick after eating a rare burger, pink chicken, or raw oyster shooters. And the fish is getting safer still. Thanks to a new FDA program, all fish processors (including foreign exporters, who supply two-thirds of our fish) will have to undergo detailed training in the safe handling of seafood. If parasites are identified as a hazard in a particular species and one of its intended uses is sushi, the fish must be frozen."

I'm not worried about it.

i love california rolls, which is sushi without the raw fish...sorry, can't bear the thought of a 15 foot tapeworm living inside me...

hmm, never tried tapeworm.. does it need soy sauce?

Archived