A free drink, trade deadline deals, Tallinder and Lydman

tom webster

I'd be in favor of trading any of the bottom 6 or 7, Guastad and Greir included, in order to improve the skill level of this team.

So you want a team full of waifish pussies? You need grit, especially among your top forwards to win in the playoffs. A bunch of murse carring sissies will get their ass run out of the rink, everytime.

You act like you know a lot about hockey but this contant yammering for more skill and less grit screams of fanboyism. The sabres need more skill and grit. The third and fourth lines are fine, hell they were carrying the team much of the season.

What they need is a scorer/defenseman with grit and skill.

I could do with losing both Conolly and Vanek a and not lose a wink of sleep over either. While I would agree that the sabres need to continue to hold onto their "grit" players we need someone who can score goals when we need them. As the last 10 or so games have proven the sabres are this time can't seem to be able to hold the ground they came up with earlier in the season. Whether or not it's possible to resecure their position by trading people at the deadline I don't know. However, I wouldn't mind seeing a few of the older guys head up and bring some of the kids up, really how could it hurt our chances.

Archived