Turco to Buffalo?

BamBam

Eck Reporting:

Multiple sources are reporting Atlanta has dealt Kari Lehtonen to Dallas for Ivan Vishnevsky and a draft choice. Very Interesting....

Of course speculation is flying around like crazy now about the fate of Marty Turco. I have heard Buffalo and Chicago mentioned..

What I am told is that Turco is NOT coming to Philadlephia, and the Lightning are not involved either as has been rumored.

I am also hearing rumblings of an Anaheim/Chicago deal involving a player Chicago dealt to the Ducks just last year...

more to come on this snowy Philly Night...

Eck Reporting:

Multiple sources are reporting Atlanta has dealt Kari Lehtonen to Dallas for Ivan Vishnevsky and a draft choice. Very Interesting....

Of course speculation is flying around like crazy now about the fate of Marty Turco. I have heard Buffalo and Chicago mentioned..

What I am told is that Turco is NOT coming to Philadlephia, and the Lightning are not involved either as has been rumored.

I am also hearing rumblings of an Anaheim/Chicago deal involving a player Chicago dealt to the Ducks just last year...

more to come on this snowy Philly Night...

This post is important for two reasons (other than the usual Ek entertainment that Bam provides):

1) Ek may actually get one right, because the Sabres, of course, would be interested in Turco.

2) We now have a location on Ek: He's in Philly. Localizing the cancer is an important step in excising it.

This post is important for two reasons (other than the usual Ek entertainment that Bam provides):

1) Ek may actually get one right, because the Sabres, of course, would be interested in Turco.

2) We now have a location on Ek: He's in Philly. Localizing the cancer is an important step in excising it.

Eck has stated before that he is a Philly Boy. Turco and Miller though on the same team? Not sure how that will work.

I wonder what his cap number is.

Eck has stated before that he is a Philly Boy. Turco and Miller though on the same team? Not sure how that will work.

I wonder what his cap number is.

You know a lot about him eh? Does he sign his checks with big John Hancock flourish? Or does he do the PayPal thing?

Briere has a no trade clause; does he not? Would he want to go to Dallas?

I think it was mentioned before that he could waive it. Dallas is a lot nicer than Philly, even if they're skirting the playoffs right now. If I were Briere, I'd waive it. Mmmm sunshine and tex mex. :beer:

Only difference is, he's usually right more than 0% of the time.

I read on another board, NHL source say hit on 0% of their free agent rumors this past summer and so far this season have called several "near" deals which never happened. Last year on deadline day they connected on like 2 deals though or something, idk if they had a better source last year or just lucky, but, like i said, he's becoming eklund real quick.

Don't forget, two days prior to Sabres signing Spacek, eklund said we would....

I read on another board, NHL source say hit on 0% of their free agent rumors this past summer and so far this season have called several "near" deals which never happened. Last year on deadline day they connected on like 2 deals though or something, idk if they had a better source last year or just lucky, but, like i said, he's becoming eklund real quick.

Don't forget, two days prior to Sabres signing Spacek, eklund said we would....

Contrary to what you have, I started following him over the summer for the exact reason that he was reliable. I picked the source up from LGS and I find he doesn't report things unless they've got some legitimate seeds. I don't know who you've been talking to who hates SourcesSay so much, but they're a little misinformed. He did have the Kovalchuk trade just the other day at about the same time Dreger did, and well before TSN. Just sayin...

Around 5 mil i think

the sabres would only be on the hook for about a quarter of it, but that's still a lot of dough... and does he even want to be a backup here? I think his beef is that he's not the starter in Dallas.. how is going to Buffalo going to make him happier?

The Sabres have absolutely no interest in Turco because of the +$1M they'd have to pay him.

It's hilarious that despite the fact that he constantly makes stuff up and everyone knows he does, folks still read him and legitimize his baloney by bringing these fantasies up for discussion.

This is gone from stupid to absurd. The Sabres are going to trade for a guy who might play 5 games the rest of the season?

The Sabres have absolutely no interest in Turco because of the +$1M they'd have to pay him.

Can we get over the "Sabres are cheap" thing? Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Miller all got paid. They are within spitting distance of the cap.

This is gone from stupid to absurd. The Sabres are going to trade for a guy who might play 5 games the rest of the season?

Too true, they should have no interest in Turco.

At this point, I'd say goaltending is the team's strongest position, regardless of what people may think of Lalime.

Ryan Miller is having a career year, our top guys are playing below expectations, our defense is suspect at times, and the team as a whole is still the softest in the league. If Darcy sees this as a reason to trade for a goaltender, then he has officially lost it.

That said, it's an Eklund rumor, meaning hell will freeze over before Turco comes here, and Regier might still have a little sanity left.

We're not going to trade for anyone that can really impact our team... that's not darcy's style, that's not golisanos style, that's no one here's style. I trust Darcy to do what's best for the team, but for once I'd like John Muckler to slap him on the head and bring in LaFontaine.

We're not going to trade for anyone that can really impact our team... that's not darcy's style, that's not golisanos style, that's no one here's style. I trust Darcy to do what's best for the team, but for once I'd like John Muckler to slap him on the head and bring in LaFontaine.

I disagree completely. When they were making a run at the cup, they brought in Zubrus, who didn't quite live up to his offensive reputation but played a sound physical game. If Darcy thinks this team has in it them to make a run, he will make a deal if one is available. It needs to be the right player, the right fit and the right price. It's why we don't see him do deals very often. These terms don't align themselves very often.

I disagree completely. When they were making a run at the cup, they brought in Zubrus, who didn't quite live up to his offensive reputation but played a sound physical game. If Darcy thinks this team has in it them to make a run, he will make a deal if one is available. It needs to be the right player, the right fit and the right price. It's why we don't see him do deals very often. These terms don't align themselves very often.

It's more than likely he just isn't a good enough GM to find the right deals. There is this belief out there Regier doesn't make deals due to his conservative nature. "Conservative" or incompetent? My vote stands with incompetent. After listening to him in the interview on Friday I have no doubt he is clueless to what he needs to do. They will just continue building and rebuilding year after year. It is a process that will take longer than 'Iron' Mike Sharpe's forearm did to heal. It will just never end or result in anything significant.

Can we get over the "Sabres are cheap" thing? Vanek, Roy, Pominville, Miller all got paid. They are within spitting distance of the cap.

I didn't say they were cheap and you misunderstood my point.

They aren't going use that kind of cap space on a backup goaltender. If they had more and could use it to improve somewhere else I'm sure they'd do it.

Archived