Skin updated - Hit F5 to refresh

SDS

Just noticed something. When you click on the number of replies, to see who's posted in the thread and how many times, the number of posts appears to be colored the same as the background. At first I thought it simply wasn't showing the posts at all until I highlighted it, and saw that the text was actually there.

My foot can't reach to India.

find a legitimate site or two that doesn't work with IE 6.0 and complain to the boss. IE 6.0 is down to 18% market share on TBD. It blows my mind that it is still used.

So here's my deal. I've upgraded all my own PCs/laptops to IE8 over the weekend. I still have my favorite work laptop that runs IE6. If my IT department gets their mits on it, they're gonna patch the crap out of it. I live with some old SW to keep some performance features, SW apps and lockouts from happening. The price I pay. IE 6 is working just fine with the new skin by the way. The only thing I don't have is the links window. It's f'upped in IE6. I can live with it.

By the way, as an emoticon abuser, I appreciate the window opening on the right with a click and add feature. Much better than old skin.

Anyway SDS, thanks for all you do..

what does it do when it doesn't work?

I'm not sure how it could only partially work.

It brings me to the first or second post in the thread.

Same was happening to me on TBD yesterday, if that helps; maybe it's my browser/OS (again, Safari and Mac).

SDS,

I am having trouble viewing pages. The thread page tabs are no longer on the page. Any solution? It is making navagating the site very difficult.

WB.

I have no idea what any of that even means. :unsure:

I have no idea what any of that even means. :unsure:

Well the pages (1,2,3,4...etc) in the thread are no longer listed on the top of the page as a result I can't go from page to page. The only way to move around a thread is by clicking on that thread page on the forum page. If there is only a few pages listed example the GDT has 1,2,3 and 10. I can only view those four pages. There is no way to look at 4-9.

Not very good at 'splainin! sorry

Well the pages (1,2,3,4...etc) in the thread are no longer listed on the top of the page as a result I can't go from page to page. The only way to move around a thread is by clicking on that thread page on the forum page. If there is only a few pages listed example the GDT has 1,2,3 and 10. I can only view those four pages. There is no way to look at 4-9.

Not very good at 'splainin! sorry

1. what browser and version are you using?

2. There are pagination links at the top/bottom of each thread - just like before. You can click on the numbers, click on the left/right arrows, or use the upside down arrow to go to a page directly.

2. There are pagination links at the top/bottom of each thread - just like before. You can click on the numbers, click on the left/right arrows, or use the upside down arrow to go to a page directly.

It's the same exact thing I ran into at work yesterday. It has to be the browser.

1. Good old IE. Not sure which version as it is a work computer.

2. Those numbers are not on my page. I see no numbers. I used to before the most recent skin change.

care for a screen print?

1. Good old IE. Not sure which version as it is a work computer.

2. Those numbers are not on my page. I see no numbers. I used to before the most recent skin change.

care for a screen print?

I can make the old skin available, but it will not be updated and there will be no updates to this skin to make it fully compatible with an 8 year old browser. IE6 was the worst browser ever released. You guys don't know the BILLIONS of $$$ and the MILLIONS of man-hours that have been wasted coding pages so that they view correctly in that POS browser. I get so freakin' angry every time I think about it.

Everyone needs to pressure their IT departments to allow a more modern browser to be installed on their systems.

I can make the old skin available, but it will not be updated and there will be no updates to this skin to make it fully compatible with an 8 year old browser. IE6 was the worst browser ever released. You guys don't know the BILLIONS of $$$ and the MILLIONS of man-hours that have been wasted coding pages so that they view correctly in that POS browser. I get so freakin' angry every time I think about it.

Everyone needs to pressure their IT departments to allow a more modern browser to be installed on their systems.

Thanks SDS!

It brings me to the first or second post in the thread.

Same was happening to me on TBD yesterday, if that helps; maybe it's my browser/OS (again, Safari and Mac).

Hey, SDS--same thing happens at work (Firefox/Windows). The first unread post button doesn't work.

Hey, SDS--same thing happens at work (Firefox/Windows). The first unread post button doesn't work.

try going to the bottom of the page and click on "delete my cookies"... then wait and see how it responds after that. It makes no sense that it work for some and not others.

2nd largest employer in the state of Massachusetts. Something tells me I'd have no luck with that.

Archived