[OT] ETC's Pub II

end the curse

ETC's Pub is an old school joint for those wanting a place to kick back and have a few drinks with some message board pals. A virtual watering hole, where one can always find a buddy to have a shot, drink a beer, have a glass of wine, or enjoy two thick fingers of single malt scotch while forgetting about your problems. Come on in, take a load off, enjoy a few cocktails...you are among friends.

About ETC's Pub...

It's a simple dive with cheap drinks, great food, hockey on the the TVs, and a jukebox that's stuck in the '70's playing 3 songs for a quarter. There's a pool table in the corner for 50 cents a game, darts are steel tipped and free, and the kitchen serves food until 4am 7 days a week. The bar is old mahogany with countless engravings and scratches, while the stools are heavy duty and a bit uneven.

The regular bartender is a big-bellied Irish vet in his late 50's named Tommy, who wears suspenders and a smile but won't take any crap from punks. He always remembers your name, slips you a free drink or two once you've become a regular, and asks about your family in a way that makes you think he really cares - because he does. He knows a million stupid jokes and pours a stiff drink without any automatic pour stoppers getting in the way.

The cash register is manual, and no credit cards are accepted. People dress casual, clean, and are prone to swaying arm and arm with their beers to Piano Man and American Pie. On Sabres game nights the joint is usually packed, and other nights gets a good happy hour and late night crowd with a steady stream of regulars coming and going until close.

This is ETC's Pub. Welcome home. :beer:

Whew; those drafts kicked my arse, glad I'm not driving home tonight!! :w00t: Thanks Tommy, and thanks ETC. What nights are Steffi in this week? I want to stop in and have a drink with all you guys before Friday! :beer:

Steffi will be tending to your needs tonight, Howie, but try not to stare at her big tips...

Tonight's Leaves game special: Free Car Bombs after every Sabres goal.

Would someone please put this thread out of its misery?

So wait, lemme get this straight. You, PA, are the one that wants what you think is a meaningless thread to come to an end? Oh cruel irony.

I, for one, will take a Bloody as well before I go to work.

If a pub thread about drinking is not welcome here than feel free to delete. Just trying to have some fun, guys. Sorry.

I agree... This is no worse or better than some of the OT topics started here... It never ceases to amaze me how some posters can post what ever they feel like and then complain about exactly the same thing. The whole my life is miserable Thursday thread is a classic example. If there was ever a thread that should be shut down, it's that one. It has nothing to do with hockey what so ever. If you're going to complain about this thread, then you should outlaw all such threads including my favorite beer type things... I'm not advocating such mind you, the board allows free expression and everything goes away in its time except for misery thursdays.

Archived