Gerbe to stay in Buffalo?

static70

Not sure. Shrader?

Upon further review:

Mair's played 12 games.

He'd have to clear waivers again.

If he clears, gets sent to Portland and plays 10 games there, he has to clear re-entry waivers.

If he's picked up on the way down, Sabres don't pay anything.

Pick up on the way back up through re-entry waivers, we pay half.

I too am not sure what to make of Gerbe. I don't believe his size is an issue if he properly utilizes his skill to continue to contribute. But then, that would ultimately raise the following question:

What is expected of him contribution wise on the score sheet? What is the organization looking for, goals? helpers?

Just a good fit to elevate other players play?

Also, he seemed to play with such energy and using his speed last night, what would be the line combo that maximizes his potential?

Many questions with him.

And lets not forget that last night's game was against Washington, who tends to play a more open style that makes our game work better. It's one of the flaws of being the Capitals. I want to see how Gerbe does against a team like New Jersey or the Sabre killers, Ottawa.

There are a number of players I would put after the word princess and Kennedy isn't one of them.

cheers to that, Kennedy is a rugged dude for his size, he don't give a F*ck. And hes always one of our hardest working forwards. Whoever made the princess statement must have been baked

There's no question that our offense needs the spark. I thought Gerbe played very well last night but it's to be seen if his size and style can be useful in the NHL night in and night out. I hope they keep Gerbe up. I agree with everyone above, he needs to be a top 6 player to remain but if he plays as he did last night, i don't see how you can send him down. I honestly don't want to see Kennedy playing with Hecht and Grier again. The line does it's job but i just don't feel it's enough. They almost never have a chance to score unless Kennedy goes infront of the net and gets killed. He needs someone more skilled on his line, and having Gerbe on one of the top 2 lines, means somebody needs to drop to Kennedy's line, which i think is almost the perfect scenario.

There's no question that our offense needs the spark. I thought Gerbe played very well last night but it's to be seen if his size and style can be useful in the NHL night in and night out. I hope they keep Gerbe up. I agree with everyone above, he needs to be a top 6 player to remain but if he plays as he did last night, i don't see how you can send him down. I honestly don't want to see Kennedy playing with Hecht and Grier again. The line does it's job but i just don't feel it's enough. They almost never have a chance to score unless Kennedy goes infront of the net and gets killed. He needs someone more skilled on his line, and having Gerbe on one of the top 2 lines, means somebody needs to drop to Kennedy's line, which i think is almost the perfect scenario.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but didn't Gerbe and Kennedy find great scoring success with one another in Portland?

Wasn't there some real chemistry between them 2?

Also, Kennedy was originally a LW, Gerbe a C and Ennis a C. Is there a chance we can see a line like this:

Kennedy LW - Ennis C - Gerbe RW

Just curious what some of you think of this as a line 2 setup. Any thoughts?

Except that its puts either Mac or Hecht on the 4th line and either pisses off a young guy trying to earn a payday or embarasses the GM for having a $3.8 million fourth liner. I have no problem booting Hecht, I just don't see it happening.

Except that its puts either Mac or Hecht on the 4th line and either pisses off a young guy trying to earn a payday or embarasses the GM for having a $3.8 million fourth liner. I have no problem booting Hecht, I just don't see it happening.

I don't think you can put Hecht on the 4th. He would get killed playing some of the tougher teams on that line plus in that role of what Gaustad and Kaleta do on the 4th line, Ellis is a much better fit IMO.

I would guess Mac goes to the 4th, early this season we saw Stafford on the 4th after he returned from injury and he actually played well.

Also, Kennedy was originally a LW, Gerbe a C and Ennis a C. Is there a chance we can see a line like this:

Kennedy LW - Ennis C - Gerbe RW

Gerbe never played center at any level. The only documentation I've ever seen of him playing center was some practice time for a world junior team. I still have no idea how that idea became so widespread a couple years back.

watching him play last night was odd for me. I wasn't sure how to take him. It's apparent he has skill. It just seems so gimmicky to have a 5'5" guy on the ice. Whatever. as long as he is scoring and providing a spark I say keep him up. He's gotta be better than that princess Kennedy.

Hopefully Gerbe could be the next Martin St. Louis. Also, how is Kennedy a princess? I've watched all the games and he puts in the work and does his job.

Gerbe never played center at any level. The only documentation I've ever seen of him playing center was some practice time for a world junior team. I still have no idea how that idea became so widespread a couple years back.

Thanks for the info shrader, I was going off of what someone told me, haven't seen Portland on TV or in person as of yet. But, ya, alot of people seem to think that.

Archived