[OT] Ronan Tynan

inkman

this was a total joke and people need to freaking lighten up! It's not like he was saying it being serious because he didn't want Jewish people living near him, he said it in regards to a conversation he had previously with the Realtor about two jewish ladies that said it would be "scary" living near him with his loud music and such... he was making a joke that was only between him and the Realtor. Oh well if someone got offended... people need to freaking relax. This country is going insane. :rolleyes:

I agree that it might not be something that I would say or that most people would say but come to think of it I probably have said worse to my friends, making an inside joke, but I'm not famous so no one cares.

this was a total joke and people need to freaking lighten up! It's not like he was saying it being serious because he didn't want Jewish people living near him, he said it in regards to a conversation he had previously with the Realtor about two jewish ladies that said it would be "scary" living near him with his loud music and such... he was making a joke that was only between him and the Realtor. Oh well if someone got offended... people need to freaking relax. This country is going insane. :rolleyes:

I agree that it might not be something that I would say or that most people would say but come to think of it I probably have said worse to my friends, making an inside joke, but I'm not famous so no one cares.

I'm amazed that a single comment made in a private conversation can be used to get rid of someone like that. If I were to go to your boss and say that you made an anti-semetic post on this board, could you be fired immediately, even though there is no possible way of verifying that the comment was ever made? If that's the case, I just might start using that power against certain people.

Not that it matters much, but the article says Tynan made the comment about how scary it would be for the Jewish women to live next to him. The women didn't make the comment. It adds a tiny bit of suspicion that's there more to the joke than meets the eye.

I still don't get the joke. Why wouldn't his "loud music and such" be scary for anyone living next to him not just Jewish women?

Disclaimer....I am not Jewish.

I'm amazed that a single comment made in a private conversation can be used to get rid of someone like that. If I were to go to your boss and say that you made an anti-semetic post on this board, could you be fired immediately, even though there is no possible way of verifying that the comment was ever made? If that's the case, I just might start using that power against certain people.

You didn't realize that there is a different standard for people in the public eye? If Tynan doesn't have the common sense to realize this, then maybe he should consider a different profession.

I still don't get the joke. Why wouldn't his "loud music and such" be scary for anyone living next to him not just Jewish women?

Disclaimer....I am not Jewish.

Well we don't have enough background to really know if the Realtor told him they were Jewish or it was his assumption... I'm assuming that the descriptive adjective that was used in the previous conversation was the word Jewish... if he and the Realtor would have talked previously about two women who wore long black coats and drove a mini-cooper, then the joke would have been "As long as they don't drive mini-cooper's!" again, this was obviously an inside joke about a previous conversation... everyone needs to shut up about being offended.

Once again, WE and the media will spend at least a week debating this non-issue while real issues will go uncovered... (trying not to turn this political)... (trying very hard) :ph34r:

Up until now you didn't realize that there is a different standard for people in the public eye? If Tynan doesn't have the common sense to realize this, then maybe he should consider a different profession.

And what's to stop someone from saying that a random celebrity told them about the baby seal beating ring that he/she is bankrolling? Since that person actually met the celebrity face to face, it must be true.

Now maybe I'm off on the timeline here, but was Tynan tossed by the Yankees before he admitted to making the comment? What's to stop someone from creating a quote from Mark Tiexiera? Of course, there's no way they'd bench him with or without confirmation.

Up until now you didn't realize that there is a different standard for people in the public eye? If Tynan doesn't have the common sense to realize this, then maybe he should consider a different profession.

If his image in the public eye were such a concern, he would have shied away from the dance moves at the end of this video. :blink:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_DVIIXMoQPI

I still don't get the big deal. Yeah, I guess no one has ever said anything they weren't supposed to before. :rolleyes: Everyone has said something shameful that they regret at some point in their lives. I mean, it's not like he runs around ripping on Jews to the public all the time. It was a slip-up, the guy is human.

But I guess it's not like we can ask the media to cut the guy some slack.

Ok, so he admitted it and then got the boot. I'm fine with that. I'm not sure that was completely necessary though. If he apologized and it was accepted, a big if, that should be it. Instead the whole thing goes public. Now if the woman is threatening to go public with it, that's another story. She obviously didn't accept the apology if she was doing that.

I still don't get the big deal. Yeah, I guess no one has ever said anything they weren't supposed to before. :rolleyes: Everyone has said something shameful that they regret at some point in their lives. I mean, it's not like he runs around ripping on Jews to the public all the time. It was a slip-up, the guy is human.

But I guess it's not like we can ask the media to cut the guy some slack.

It depends on how we speak Truth to power. Finding the right buttons to push can sometimes be harder than finding a needle in a haystack.

Archived