I'm sick of Regier's "no one wants to trade with me" excuse!

LabattBlue

Well of course it is a possibility but a long shot possibility.

This team is still on a slide if fans haven't noticed.

They lost spacho, kotalik and max.

Say what you will, kotalik is a 20 goal scorer.

Spacho is no minor loss.

Max is because they weren't using him. Even if they played him last year they could not afford to keep him.

Until they get an infusion from Portland they are at the very best on a par with last years team.

I don't think so. I consider losing Kotalik the same as if when we lost Miro Satan after the lockout. It's a addition by subtraction. I can't imagine Kotalik was very well liked in the Sabres locker room. He was lazy and very streaky. Only thing we'll miss from him is shootouts. He was a magician in the shootout. But that's not a very big loss. If we can't get Vanek, Gerbe, Stafford and who ever else to score on the shootout, then we got even bigger problems then i originally thought.

Spacek will be missed for sure but due to his contract he signed with Montreal, it makes me want to miss him more.

And i'm not going to play the "we played Max wrong". Year, after year, after year, it's OUR fault at how we played Max? And now nobody wants to give this guy a chance. Nobody wanted to trade for him, nobody wants to sign him, we didn't want to play him, yet, it's our problem? I think it has more to do with his lack of skills more then anything else. He won't be missed one bit. And will be missed even more if/when Gerbe, Kennedy or Ennis make this team full-time. Those guys can fly.

I don't think so. I consider losing Kotalik the same as if when we lost Miro Satan after the lockout. It's a addition by subtraction. I can't imagine Kotalik was very well liked in the Sabres locker room. He was lazy and very streaky. Only thing we'll miss from him is shootouts. He was a magician in the shootout. But that's not a very big loss. If we can't get Vanek, Gerbe, Stafford and who ever else to score on the shootout, then we got even bigger problems then i originally thought.

Uh-oh, now you went and did it. How dare you talk about things you're not privy to? Were you ever in the locker room to know who is liked and who is not? I say that in jest, but you know it will set off some people.

We are allowed to talk about "intangibles" as having a positive affect on the team, but we seemingly aren't allowed to talk much about the negative "intangibles" do, or even try and determine what those "intangibles" are.

Uh-oh, now you went and did it. How dare you talk about things you're not privy to? Were you ever in the locker room to know who is liked and who is not? I say that in jest, but you know it will set off some people.

We are allowed to talk about "intangibles" as having a positive affect on the team, but we seemingly aren't allowed to talk much about the negative "intangibles" do, or even try and determine what those "intangibles" are.

I agree. Referencing unsubstantiated things that happen "in the lockerroom" to bolster an argument should carry no weight. It should be allowed; I'm just to mock and scorn people when they do it.

I agree. Referencing unsubstantiated things that happen "in the lockerroom" to bolster an argument should carry no weight. It should be allowed; I'm just to mock and scorn people when they do it.

Yeah, sometimes it's pretty clearly documented that a guy is a problem, like Sean Avery in Dallas last year, but the majority of the time, I'll never understand where people pull comments like that Kotalik one from.

Yeah, and Satan was the best teammate too. I don't have any inside info from the locker room or anything like that, but a guy who made his kind of money shows up only a handful of games. Idk, maybe it's just me. I could be wrong, but for some reason, i really doubt i am. I guess we'll never really know though.

Yeah, sometimes it's pretty clearly documented that a guy is a problem, like Sean Avery in Dallas last year, but the majority of the time, I'll never understand where people pull comments like that Kotalik one from.

It's a comment usually aimed at a non-North American. Have you noticed? Heads up, Miro.

Speaking of not-knowing things and speculating based on zero info, anyone want to hazard a guess why Henrik Tallinder passed me by with a scowl on his face as we were entering the Pepsi Center parking lot? I didn't see any other vet players leaving the rink (and why would they be there anyway?).

Well of course it is a possibility but a long shot possibility.

This team is still on a slide if fans haven't noticed.

They lost spacho, kotalik and max.

Say what you will, kotalik is a 20 goal scorer.

Spacho is no minor loss.

Max is because they weren't using him. Even if they played him last year they could not afford to keep him.

Until they get an infusion from Portland they are at the very best on a par with last years team.

Perhaps, but last year's team was getting close to #5 when Miller and Vanek got hurt. It would've been nice if they had been robust enough to not fall apart when those injuries occurred, but they weren't. In any case, I'm fine with subtracting those 3 and replacing them with Montador, Grier and Kennedy/Gerbe/McCormick (not to mention Myers).

Speaking of not-knowing things and speculating based on zero info, anyone want to hazard a guess why Henrik Tallinder passed me by with a scowl on his face as we were entering the Pepsi Center parking lot? I didn't see any other vet players leaving the rink (and why would they be there anyway?).

I saw George Seifert at the airport this morning. Carrying George's bags, AVP looked pissed!

I saw George Seifert at the airport this morning. Carrying George's bags, AVP looked pissed!

That's funny I heard from my cousins husbands sisters uncles plumber that Mike Shanahan was at Teds this afternoon having two chili cheese dogs with a coke. You tell me what this means?

That's funny I heard from my cousins husbands sisters uncles plumber that Mike Shanahan was at Teds this afternoon having two chili cheese dogs with a coke. You tell me what this means?

Isn't it obvious? Do I really have to spell it out?

Where there's smoke, there's fire. Or at least Eklund blowing smoke.

Well, if he was drinking a loganberry, he might be serious. The coke tells me otherwise.

Tampa has upgraded their roster, but the wheels are close to falling off for the ownership, which I think will be a drag on their improvement. Overall I don't think they have enough to get into the playoffs. I agree on Booth, but remember that Florida lost their best player in Bouwmeester and got nothing in return.

It's not at all unreasonable to doubt this, but at the same time, there are plenty of holes in the Rangers, Habs and Devils. Carolina probably has the most solid foundation of the 5 teams I mentioned. Still, I can see the Sabres being right there with them and the others for #5-#6.

The "holes" you speak of in the Rangers, Habs, Devils, and Huricanes could still beat the Sabres who haven't upgrade anything this offseason no matter how you want to try and spin it. Buffalo has continued to spin its wheels this offseason, and unless players step up and play better then last year, the team will have trouble competing for 9th

I don't know what Darcy is talking about though saying that the trade market hasn't been there this offseason, Eklund has "reported" so many trades that are ready to happen at any time

The "holes" you speak of in the Rangers, Habs, Devils, and Huricanes could still beat the Sabres who haven't upgrade anything this offseason no matter how you want to try and spin it. Buffalo has continued to spin its wheels this offseason, and unless players step up and play better then last year, the team will have trouble competing for 9th

Certainly each of those teams "could" beat the Sabres, but each of them could also finish behind the Sabres. Frankly none of them other than possibly Carolina is a lock to even make the playoffs. And while it's reasonable for you to be underwhelmed with the Sabres' additions, each of those teams other than Carolina suffered significant offseason losses.

Archived