Classic Series

SwampD

They're showing this on NHLN right now.

I wonder if they'll show the play at the end of game 7 where Darius Hepetitus caught the puck in his glove, double pumped, then threw it over the glass with no penalty.

EDIT: Nope. I had forgotten that he then went on to score the game winner. oof.

They're showing this on NHLN right now.

I wonder if they'll show the play at the end of game 7 where Darius Hepetitus caught the puck in his glove, double pumped, then threw it over the glass with no penalty.

EDIT: Nope. I had forgotten that he then went on to score the game winner. oof.

Hope you enjoyed it. I couldn't do it.

Ugh. That series hurt very, very badly... About as much as the canes series. We had that baby won after coming back from 0-2 till the hockey gods intervened.

I still don't know what Warrener was doing there in game 6. He watched the puck the entire time,..go up..then go down and land in the crease,..with Mario right next to him to put it in. All he had to do was take his hand off his stick and swat it out of the air.

I still think the Canes was worse. If we got past Pittsburgh I didn't think we were going to get out of the next round(I think it would have been the Devils).

I was at game 5 as well. Awesome.

Maybe we should save this for the 30 in 30 thread. Oh well.

I still don't know what Warrener was doing there in game 6. He watched the puck the entire time,..go up..then go down and land in the crease,..with Mario right next to him to put it in. All he had to do was take his hand off his stick and swat it out of the air.

I still think the Canes was worse. If we got past Pittsburgh I didn't think we were going to get out of the next round(I think it would have been the Devils).

I was at game 5 as well. Awesome.

Maybe we should save this for the 30 in 30 thread. Oh well.

The Sabres OWNED the Devs that year. They outscored them 15-3 in their 4 regular season games that year. Not sure they could have beat Colorado in 7, but they did win there in OT w/ Marty in the net about a month earlier.

I watched that entire Pittsburgh series in the student union at my school. We didn't have cable in the dorms, so I had to watch it somewhere. There were maybe 15 people watching each game and I was one of two Sabre fans, the other being a girl who was there only because her Pittsburgh roommate was watching. We watched every single game and somehow all got along even though I was pretty vocal at that point. During game 7, they decided to close the building early and kicked all of us out right as OT started. That was pure frustration, trying to run and find a tv with cable somewhere else. I finally got back to my dorm and through on the radio feed just as they scored. God that sucked.

If that series was a depressing memory (and it was gut wrenching - I was at that last game when Kasparitis flipped it by Hasek), then here's a better memory:

Game 4 in the 1999 ECF when they embarrassed the Leafs and Rob Ray scored. You Tube highlights also have other games from that series too.

If that series was a depressing memory (and it was gut wrenching - I was at that last game when Kasparitis flipped it by Hasek), then here's a better memory:

Game 4 in the 1999 ECF when they embarrassed the Leafs and Rob Ray scored. You Tube highlights also have other games from that series too.

god I can still hear RJ calling all of those names in my head as if it were still '99 and I was listening to the games on my walkman radio in bed. Holzinger, Brown, Satan, Warrener, Barnes, Zhitnik, Ward, Sanderson, McKee, Grosek, Rasmussen. Who were some of those guys, and how was that team ever good? I loved that team.

Also, Holzinger sort of looks like Gaustad.

Archived