Sabres RFAs

That Aud Smell

I realize that there are different tiers of FA's under the CBA, but the list below got me wondering about Kaleta. I can't recall hearing anything about the team's plans in this regard. Is he not actually eligible to be offer-sheeted? Or is it just super unlikely that someone would want to do so? Any help/feedback is appreciated.

Buffalo Sabres RFA's

Drew Stafford RW 23 $984,200 Received qualifying offer

Marek Zagrapan C $850,000 Signed a 2 year with Severstal Cherepovets KHL

Andrej Sekera D 23 $659,000 Received qualifying offer

Michael Funk D $635,000

Dylan Hunter LW $541,000

Clarke Macarthur LW 24 $522,500 Received qualifying offer

Mark Mancari RW 23 $522,500

Adam Dennis G $520,000

Patrick Kaleta RW 23 $500,000

Mike Card D $495,000

Jimmy Bonneau LW $475,000

I realize that there are different tiers of FA's under the CBA, but the list below got me wondering about Kaleta. I can't recall hearing anything about the team's plans in this regard. Is he not actually eligible to be offer-sheeted? Or is it just super unlikely that someone would want to do so? Any help/feedback is appreciated.

Buffalo Sabres RFA's

Michael Funk D $635,000

Dylan Hunter LW $541,000

Adam Dennis G $520,000

Mike Card D $495,000

He's eligible to get an offer sheet....but I can't imagine him getting or signing one.

I forget where I saw it, but Kaleta did receive an offer sheet. I will check.

Sure you're not thinking of the Sabres extending him a qualifying offer to keep his rights? An offer sheet comes from another team. We would have heard about that.

Edit: yup, two different things. Your link is about a qualifying offer, not an offer sheet.

Losing Spacek is an epic disaster but you don't know what an offer sheet is? :wallbash:

Esplaigne Lucy.... I understand what a qualifying offer is... So I added the term sheet into it.... give it a rest.. It would have to be put on paper, so technically a qualifying offer is an offer sheet. Tell me how technically I mis-wrote.

Have you found a list of arbitration filings?

Haven't seen a list for the whole league yet.

To define for some:

Restricted free agents with at least four years experience have the option to file for salary arbitration. Players must elect to do so by July 5. Clubs have until July 6 to do the same. Players and teams have the ability to negotiate and come to an agreement before a hearing takes place.

I'd expect a list out after the 5th or 6th.

MacArthur arbitration was mentioned on GR site.

Esplaigne Lucy.... I understand what a qualifying offer is... So I added the term sheet into it.... give it a rest.. It would have to be put on paper, so technically a qualifying offer is an offer sheet. Tell me how technically I mis-wrote.

You miswrote by throwing a link to qualifying offers into a thread about Offer Sheets. They're two different things. This isn't about technical writing and semantics, it's about you misunderstanding the entire point of the thread. Now go make me a sandwich. (no no, not a submarine sandwich, just a sandwich)

And one further point for the original question. Any RFA can sign an offer sheet with another team.

And looking at spndnchz's list of QO's that weren't made, the team is going to have to pick up a 4th goalie somewhere in free agency. It'll be some journeyman minor leaguer, but they have to get another one for Portland.

And one further point for the original question. Any RFA can sign an offer sheet with another team.

And looking at spndnchz's list of QO's that weren't made, the team is going to have to pick up a 4th goalie somewhere in free agency. It'll be some journeyman minor leaguer, but they have to get another one for Portland.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Dennis back. The team will just try to sign him for the same salary or maybe a little less.

I wouldn't be suprised to see Dennis back. The team will just try to sign him for the same salary or maybe a little less.

Maybe this is an option. I was just looking at the roster for the development camp the Sabres are holding next week. They've got 2008 Hobey runner up Jean-Philippe Lamoureux on there. It looks like he put together a decent year in the ECHL last year, but I'm sure Portland people would like to see a little more experience.

edit: The Sabres can't actually spell Lamoureux though. Don't know if that's a bad sign or not. It does seem a bit strange that Eidsness isn't on there.

You miswrote by throwing a link to qualifying offers into a thread about Offer Sheets. They're two different things. This isn't about technical writing and semantics, it's about you misunderstanding the entire point of the thread. Now go make me a sandwich. (no no, not a submarine sandwich, just a sandwich)

you are slowly crossing over in to TSW territory. :( Lighten up. :thumbsup:

Ah, I see where your arrogance led you astray grasshopper... The post that started this below contained both. I said offer sheet v. qualifying offer and while in the vernacular you are correct, technically they are both sheets. I don't believed that I ever said Kaleta signed one therefore you put your fingers in motion before properly viewing the context. See below:

Buffalo Sabres RFA's

Michael Funk D $635,000

Dylan Hunter LW $541,000

Adam Dennis G $520,000

Mike Card D $495,000

Holy revisionist history, batman (yes, I feel dumb for referencing that show)

Revisionists history. Can't you read.... I admitted that I said offer sheet, but given the context of the thread which was misstated, I repeat, re-read this thing and put it in context or are you one of those nitpicking 4th grade teachers that constantly gets hung up on where a period is and not the gist of what I was saying. Get over it. :death:

Revisionists history. Can't you read.... I admitted that I said offer sheet, but given the context of the thread which was misstated, I repeat, re-read this thing and put it in context or are you one of those nitpicking 4th grade teachers that constantly gets hung up on where a period is and not the gist of what I was saying. Get over it. :death:

You misused the terminology. Why d4rk sounded off like he did, who knows, but there's no sense in trying to spin it now. It is what it is.

Archived