Sabres RFAs

That Aud Smell

No, he just wants to negotiate something for more than the QO. He wants more years, money, and not a two-way deal, I'm sure. It's nothing major, happens all the time. Hell, even Mancari didn't accept the QO.

The club can unilaterally extend a qualifying offer......so it really is not a problem yet.

No, no, and no.

You let Mac walk if you have to .....but you pay Stafford should he sign an offer.

correct.

How high do U go for Stafford? 10 years 40 million? One year under 3?

My limit would probably be $3MM per year -- above that, we get a 1st and a 3rd. I'd be pretty surprised if anyone went over that level. But if someone offers $2.9MM x 4 years, I would match and keep him.

The club can unilaterally extend a qualifying offer......so it really is not a problem yet.

Yeah, it's really just a case of once that QO expires, there's the possibility that a guy like Kaleta is offered less. He either accepts that 10% raise like he did, or face the possibility of being stuck with a smaller contract. Obviously guys like Sekera and Stafford won't get stuck in a situation like that. I am kind of curious about Mancari though. He's got no leverage at all.

Yeah, it's really just a case of once that QO expires, there's the possibility that a guy like Kaleta is offered less. He either accepts that 10% raise like he did, or face the possibility of being stuck with a smaller contract. Obviously guys like Sekera and Stafford won't get stuck in a situation like that. I am kind of curious about Mancari though. He's got no leverage at all.

He did set the new AHL record for hardest slapshot. So that's worth at least 10 more bucks a year.

correct.

My limit would probably be $3MM per year -- above that, we get a 1st and a 3rd. I'd be pretty surprised if anyone went over that level. But if someone offers $2.9MM x 4 years, I would match and keep him.

Just to give U a jab, which I don't get to do to U that often, the number is $3,013,434.

I can't see anyone messing with the Sabres with offer sheets until we are done negotiating with the player, then Darcy lets other teams know he's done. If we hear of a sheet, they're as good as gone.

Just to give U a jab, which I don't get to do to U that often, the number is $3,013,434.

I can't see anyone messing with the Sabres with offer sheets until we are done negotiating with the player, then Darcy lets other teams know he's done. if we here of a sheet, they're as good as gone.

Behave yourself, young lady, or I'll take away your ipod.

Good move with the coffee though. Don't take that BS from anyone.

Signed. DR must've been worried.

team's home page says that both macarthur and sekera have been signed.

http://sabres.nhl.com/index.html

quoth:

The Buffalo Sabres have agreed to terms with defenseman Andrej Sekera on a multi-year detal and have signed forward Clarke MacArthur to a one-year contact. ...

there's a link for "more", but no content has been posted as far as i can tell.

Archived