Sabres RFAs

That Aud Smell

You misused the terminology. Why d4rk sounded off like he did, who knows, but there's no sense in trying to spin it now. It is what it is.

True enough, but this is not politics and I am not admitting to cheating on my wife in Argentina. Not sure why the Federal Case. Point of fact a sheet has to be filed for the Sabres to retain rights. Granted that is not the way it is commonly expressed, but it didn't warrant a third degree and that is only reason I am being so pig headed about it.

True enough, but this is not politics and I am not admitting to cheating on my wife in Argentina. Not sure why the Federal Case. Point of fact a sheet has to be filed for the Sabres to retain rights. Granted that is not the way it is commonly expressed, but it didn't warrant a third degree and that is only reason I am being so pig headed about it.

move on. No big deal. Lots of people get reemed for less. :thumbsup:

I'm a bit surprised that there's no offer sheets for Stafford. An offer of over 1.1 million would make the Sabres match. You'd thing his agent would be talking to someone. Unless of course he likes it here, being a top four guy whereas somewhere else he would crack the top 6.

I'm a bit surprised that there's no offer sheets for Stafford. An offer of over 1.1 million would make the Sabres match. You'd thing his agent would be talking to someone. Unless of course he likes it here, being a top four guy whereas somewhere else he would crack the top 6.

Well, Grabovski just re-signed with Toronto for $2.9 million per year. Grabovski had 20 goals and 49 points, I believe, so that signing works well for the Sabres. You are probably looking at somewhere in the $2.5 million/year range for Stafford if he re-signs with Buffalo. An offer sheet would obviously inflate that value, but I'm think $2.5-$3.0 million/year is where Stafford will end up getting signed on a 3 year deal with Buffalo.

Grabovski re-signed by Toronto to 2.9 million per. This kid looks a lot like Stafford, just 30lbs lighter.. He went from $850,000 to 2.9mill. Was an RFA with Montreal before Toronto gave him a sheet last year.

Darcy better watch it.

Well, Grabovski just re-signed with Toronto for $2.9 million per year. Grabovski had 20 goals and 49 points, I believe, so that signing works well for the Sabres. You are probably looking at somewhere in the $2.5 million/year range for Stafford if he re-signs with Buffalo. An offer sheet would obviously inflate that value, but I'm think $2.5-$3.0 million/year is where Stafford will end up getting signed on a 3 year deal with Buffalo.

My thoughts exactly.

Grabovski's got a nice little wrister, but that's on the high side.

Teams are going to go after the free guys first before they would look at a 2nd level guy like Stafford. This isn't an elite RFA like Vanek was 2 years ago. A guy like Kessel will get some consideration before teams turn to that next wave of players.

Did you see what LA paid for Scuderi??? My buddies who root for the Pens are laughing hysterically.

Yeh, 3.4. He had a heckuv a series, but really not sure about this, not as much as Spacek though and he is younger. We will see, my problem with all of this is how much it screws with team chemistry. Losing D guys especially can really hurt.

To be completely accurate, GR said that MacArthur is arbitration eligible but I don't believe the arbitration decisions can be made yet.

"MacArthur is scheduled to have a salary arbitration hearing."

I assumed by this they meant he's going.

• 2 weeks later...
I believe Mancari was also given a qualifying offer as well. Let me see if I can find it. Here it is:

http://www.buffalonews.com/buffalosabres/story/719004.html

They also gave a qualifying offer to Marek Zagrapan in order to keep his rights in case he decides to come back to North America.

Someone help here, if they give him a qualifying offer and he doesn't take it, do they still retain his rights?

Callahan just re-signed with the Rangers for 2 years 4.6 million. Stafford has better numbers than him and I think another year in the league.

Did Sather overpay and screw us?

Do you let Stafford go with an offer sheet and get a second rounder? Then keep MacArthur and give Gerbe/Kennedy more ice time?

Thought I'd post it, still have to come to a conclusion in my head about it.

Someone help here, if they give him a qualifying offer and he doesn't take it, do they still retain his rights?

As best as I can tell, he can't become unrestricted until he's 25. He's only 22 now. They can just keep qualifying him up until that point.

Callahan just re-signed with the Rangers for 2 years 4.6 million. Stafford has better numbers than him and I think another year in the league.

Did Sather overpay and screw us?

Do you let Stafford go with an offer sheet and get a second rounder? Then keep MacArthur and give Gerbe/Kennedy more ice time?

Thought I'd post it, still have to come to a conclusion in my head about it.

Rather have Staff at 2.2 than Mac over 1.3. Rather have Moore at 1.8 than Staff at 2.2, but that's with getting the second rounder.

I take that back. The qualifying offers expired yesterday. There's your reason why Kaleta accepted it. The rest are on their own when it comes to negotiations now.

So Sekera's holding out? Or Darcy wants him gone? I hope not.

So Sekera's holding out? Or Darcy wants him gone? I hope not.

No, he just wants to negotiate something for more than the QO. He wants more years, money, and not a two-way deal, I'm sure. It's nothing major, happens all the time. Hell, even Mancari didn't accept the QO.

i think i is confused.

so, is it the case that the QO's to sekera and stafford have expired? and they haven't demanded arbitration? and they remain RFA's?

so right now there are no offers on the table to the two of them, and the team and the agents for those players are presumably in the process of negotiating a deal?

in the meantime, another club is free to come in and sign those guys to offer sheets?

i saw the post about callahan - i've assumed all along that it's going to take $2.5-$2.75 to get stafford signed - are we looking more at $3 now, as cheese suggests?

EDIT: got it, shrader. thanks.

Archived