Hey Larry, how is that "thorough evaluation" coming?

deluca67

Just wondering if there have been any updates? :lol: :lol: :lol:

He said there might not be any updates. To defend that stance, 1. What right do we have to know the results? and 2. Isn't it proprietary information the release of which might harm the franchise ("We think we should target this or that player")?

If he comes out and says whats wrong and how to fix it, we'll all post that talk is cheap. I don't care for the opinions of Quinn and Regier anymore. Prove to me they have what it takes to build a winner again. Make some moves. Moves will speak much louder then any press conference would. I'm not saying get a Terrell Owens type move, but they need to fix this team with quality players and they need to get rid of some guys. We'll see how they do.

The organization is a joke. I am 100% a fan of the team, Not the front office. Trust me there is a difference. Whatever their decisions are that effect my favorite team I have no choice but to live with and cheer on my team while hoping they come together and bypass the short comings that exist from the orgainization.

I agree with previous posts, make the moves, they speak louder than some meaningless press conference in the middle of June.

The best Mr. Larry Quinn could do at this point is announce his resignation to focus ALL of his energy to the Waterfront Development Project.

He said there might not be any updates. To defend that stance, 1. What right do we have to know the results?

As a season ticket holder they(Golisano, Quinn & Regier) owe me more than what I have received the past two seasons. The product on the ice has sucked and the FO has bordered between average at best to downright putrid.

Saying they have completed only 5% of a thorough evaluation and then in the next sentence saying that Ruff & Regier are being retained was downright laughable.

The organization is a joke. I am 100% a fan of the team, Not the front office. Trust me there is a difference. Whatever their decisions are that effect my favorite team I have no choice but to live with and cheer on my team while hoping they come together and bypass the short comings that exist from the orgainization.

I agree with previous posts, make the moves, they speak louder than some meaningless press conference in the middle of June.

The best Mr. Larry Quinn could do at this point is announce his resignation to focus ALL of his energy to the Waterfront Development Project.

Wow!!

The tone of this wall surely has changed since I was here last month.

Fronz...you are speaking what I have been for the past 2 years!

Quinn MUST go.

I liked the Buffalo News article a couple of months ago where all of the old Sabres think that he is a disgrace and ruining the team.

He did the same thing during his first stint.

I don't see how a 'land developer' has any credentials to set foot in HSBC arena, let alone tamper with the day-to-day handling of the team.

I've got no problemo with Ruff as coach (though Torts is always good for some passion- something that this current squad desperately needs). I would love to see Rick Dudley as GM as imagined by Bucky Gleason at the Buffalo News.

I'd love to see Quinn fired (FOR GOOD), and Dudley as GM. Keep Ruff, and go get those guys!!

If he comes out and says whats wrong and how to fix it, we'll all post that talk is cheap. I don't care for the opinions of Quinn and Regier anymore. Prove to me they have what it takes to build a winner again. Make some moves. Moves will speak much louder then any press conference would. I'm not saying get a Terrell Owens type move, but they need to fix this team with quality players and they need to get rid of some guys. We'll see how they do.

Again, I could not agree more.

I don't know who exactly was responsible for swinging the original Drury, DuMont, and Briere deals. But it was deals such as these that brought the Sabres from obscurity to the cusp of the Stanley Cup again!!

Were the same people (person) responsible for bringing them here, also responsible for letting them go for nothing?

Chicago, with all of the their burgeoning talent, is going to be hard on cash to meet all of those young studs demands. Philly is stretched a bit thin. Some of those playoff teams (Sharks) in the West are looking to unload talent to get a fresh start. It does truly seem that opportunities like the ones the Sabres had a few years ago are once again presenting themselves.

Can they do it again?

Make the moves, put a winner on the ice, and I am sold.

Blow it like they have for the past 2-3 seasons, and I am gone.

Wow!!

Quinn MUST go.

I liked the Buffalo News article a couple of months ago where all of the old Sabres think that he is a disgrace and ruining the team.

I don't see how a 'land developer' has any credentials to set foot in HSBC arena, let alone tamper with the day-to-day handling of the team.

I've got no problemo with Ruff as coach (though Torts is always good for some passion- something that this current squad desperately needs). I would love to see Rick Dudley as GM as imagined by Bucky Gleason at the Buffalo News.

I'd love to see Quinn fired (FOR GOOD), and Dudley as GM. Keep Ruff, and go get those guys!!

...and how do you plan on firing an owner of the team?

Good Post

Nice call,

I think we are building from with in as well.

btw I want to thank God, my momma, and everyone that it took to get me to 1000 posts. :beer:

:beer: :beer: Double that toast Breadman. Congrats

Wow!!

Quinn MUST go.

Good post, by the way what's it GM pay ? ;)

My thoughts exactly, but that kind of logic is not welcome here.

How was he 'let go' last time?

Quinn is the minority owner, so it would take Golisano to remove him.

It's more a dream than a reality, you boobs.

In reality, unless ownership changes or he steps down, the Sabres are stuck with Quinn.

You still haven't addressed how a real estate 'developer' has any right to meddle with a professional hockey organization...

He wasn't a part owner last time. Golisano gave him his share of the team in the past year or two.

wow, you've got the answers to everything.

And your response to the News report of all the old Sabres who claim that Quinn is killing the franchise?

What are Quinn's credentials...exactly?

For some reason you seem to think I'm defending Quinn. Easily confused I guess.

all of your posts are Devils Advocate for the front office.

Then you cop this arrogant 'tude, which is naturally abrasive (ex: 'easily confused').

If you don't back Quinn, then stop posting as if you do.

What are his credentials? How is he qualified for his position?

Did you read the article from Bucky Gleason where alot of old Sabres players think Quinn is killing the club but are too scared to be named out of fear of reprisal?

Sounds an awful lot like the NHL version of the king of arrogance Tom Donahoe.

The same arse-backwards dealings were happening when he was involved with the club last time.

And one gets the distinct impression, that through all of this 'evaluation' Quinn talks about, that he is above it.

Though a minority owner, he is meddling this franchise into obscurity.

So as someone who isn't defending Quinn, I'm now supposed to defend him? I don't see any point to this. Feel free to point an example or two of these posts that you claim I'm making. I'd love to see them. The most you'll find is somthing to the effect of "great, another attack at Quinn". It gets really old and stale. I know people love to whine and complain, but to me it's pointless because it won't change anything.

Now on to this whole "arrogant attitude" thing. You've been insulting people since day 1, so that is exactly what you're going to get in return.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to this Bucky column you keep mentioning would you? All I ever remember seeing would be comments from Rene Robert and maybe one random quote. It seems to have warped into an "everyone thinks he's destroying the franchise" mentality.

wow, you've got the answers to everything.

And your response to the News report of all the old Sabres who claim that Quinn is killing the franchise?

What are Quinn's credentials...exactly?

Well, his answers are correct. Also, I do not see many here defending Quinn.

So as someone who isn't defending Quinn, I'm now supposed to defend him? I don't see any point to this. Feel free to point an example or two of these posts that you claim I'm making. I'd love to see them. The most you'll find is somthing to the effect of "great, another attack at Quinn". It gets really old and stale. I know people love to whine and complain, but to me it's pointless because it won't change anything.

Now on to this whole "arrogant attitude" thing. You've been insulting people since day 1, so that is exactly what you're going to get in return.

You wouldn't happen to have a link to this Bucky column you keep mentioning would you? All I ever remember seeing would be comments from Rene Robert and maybe one random quote. It seems to have warped into an "everyone thinks he's destroying the franchise" mentality.

The article he's referring to is the article on Rene that you're thinking of. Although I do believe that Quinn is the problem with this franchise, there isn't enough out there to support it beyond speculation, which is pretty much the backbone of this forum. I agree with you that complaining about it has become stale, especially considering we've been doing it for several years now (some of us since mid-way through 06-07 when it was clear this team was just coasting to the playoffs).

I don't think there are many people here who will defend Quinn at this point. The ranking of "whipping boy" in the Sabres administration probably stands with Quinn>OSP>Darcy>/=Sissy Players>/=Ruff. It's just not worth rehashing or arguing about at this point, because we all know that we can only speculate.

Guest Sloth
Nice call,

I think we are building from with in as well.

btw I want to thank God, my momma, and everyone that it took to get me to 1000 posts. :beer:

I wonder what I'll say when I hit the big 1,000? It will be such an emotional moment. Beer will be a requirement. :beer:

The article he's referring to is the article on Rene that you're thinking of. Although I do believe that Quinn is the problem with this franchise, there isn't enough out there to support it beyond speculation, which is pretty much the backbone of this forum. I agree with you that complaining about it has become stale, especially considering we've been doing it for several years now (some of us since mid-way through 06-07 when it was clear this team was just coasting to the playoffs).

I don't think there are many people here who will defend Quinn at this point. The ranking of "whipping boy" in the Sabres administration probably stands with Quinn>OSP>Darcy>/=Sissy Players>/=Ruff. It's just not worth rehashing or arguing about at this point, because we all know that we can only speculate.

I have to say "Sissy Players" come way before OSP does in my book - It's not like he's not pouring money into the team, it's just that his right hand man and GM aren't doing a very good job of spending that money wisely.

I think Golisano is a heckuva lot better owner than Rigas ever was, and he knows enough to stay away from making decisions in a game he knows nothing about.

The only real mistake Golisano has made thus far - although this one belongs in the great hall of fame of mistakes, along the likes of Olaf the Hairy, high chief of all vikings, who ordered 80.000 battle-helmets with the horns on the inside - is hiring Larry Quinn.

Archived