Hey Larry, how is that "thorough evaluation" coming?

deluca67

Quinn can be fine when it comes to business. Ideally, he'd keep his hands off the actual team all together and just focus on marketing and all of those aspects of the franchise. He has done good things.

Yeah, the switch to the new blue and gold jerseys/logo went real smooth. Anyone want to revisit the slug logo threads? Nope, me neither...

:wallbash:

In a business sense the new jerseys were highly successful.

And I'm sure the 3rds have also been successful. I don't want to give him credit for something that he might not have done, but I won't ignore the possibility that they would put out questionable uniforms in order to get that second wave of income once they change them again. Like you said, they made a lot of money off of these jerseys and they will again when they change. How on earth could that possibly be a failure?

And I'm sure the 3rds have also been successful. I don't want to give him credit for something that he might not have done, but I won't ignore the possibility that they would put out questionable uniforms in order to get that second wave of income once they change them again. Like you said, they made a lot of money off of these jerseys and they will again when they change. How on earth could that possibly be a failure?

A big fan of selling your soul to the devil, eh?

Possible, yes. Likely, no. I'm sure LQ was not ignorant of the fact that "Bring back the blue and gold" didn't mean the colors and that initially the new logo may be rejected by the long time following fans. The fact that the thirds exist shows that. Timing is everything, and he had the foresight to strike when the iron was hot. The jerseys were meant to be forward thinking and interest the younger generation which worked quite well. While I don't like the logo or jersey design I don't say it was a haphazardly put together plan, nor done to hardcore fan's satisfaction on purpose.

Possible, yes. Likely, no. I'm sure LQ was not ignorant of the fact that "Bring back the blue and gold" didn't mean the colors and that initially the new logo may be rejected by the long time following fans. The fact that the thirds exist shows that. Timing is everything, and he had the foresight to strike when the iron was hot. The jerseys were meant to be forward thinking and interest the younger generation which worked quite well. While I don't like the logo or jersey design I don't say it was a haphazardly put together plan, nor done to hardcore fan's satisfaction on purpose.

And then there's the whole reebok jersey re-visioning that never happened. There is so much more to this than any of us know, but like you said, they made a ton of money off of them, so to call them a failure is a major stretch.

And then there's the whole reebok jersey re-visioning that never happened. There is so much more to this than any of us know, but like you said, they made a ton of money off of them, so to call them a failure is a major stretch.

They haven't won in them. A President's Trophy team didn't even make the finals in them, then no playoffs two years in a row. A stretch to say the sweaters are part of the problem? Absolutely. But a study of carp's stats on their record in them vs. the classic look makes you wonder if there isn't something to it.

What if the players truly hate them? Of course they'd never say it.

I'm right back to my point about what it will take to bring a Cup to Buffalo. When Stanley Cup silver flashes in the owner's eyes, and not dollar signs, maybe we have a chance. Hockey people are supposed to be superstitious. You don't change jerseys while a franchise is on a roll toward a Cup. Not for love nor money.

They haven't won in them. A President's Trophy team didn't even make the finals in them, then no playoffs two years in a row. A stretch to say the sweaters are part of the problem? Absolutely. But a study of carp's stats on their record in them vs. the classic look makes you wonder if there isn't something to it.

What if the players truly hate them? Of course they'd never say it.

I'm right back to my point about what it will take to bring a Cup to Buffalo. When Stanley Cup silver flashes in the owner's eyes, and not dollar signs, maybe we have a chance. Hockey people are supposed to be superstitious. You don't change jerseys while a franchise is on a roll toward a Cup. Not for love nor money.

...they've never won in the classic look, either...

On a side note; you have to appreciate the artistry that is this thread. Deluca lobs a one line hand grenade into the Harbor Club and sits back and watches 4 pages of shrapnel hit everyone in here. Nice work.

Archived