US Senators : Coyotes' relocation could hurt Sabres

Spudz

I love reading the comments at the bottom of that page. They're so mind-numbingly stupid. Stuff like "why don't they worry about people in their own country". Last time I checked, Phoenix and Buffalo are in the US. The constant whining about people trying to stick it to Canada is hilarious.

I just don't understand the NHL's "strategery". Do they plan to expand, shrink, appeal to its core, out reach to new fans? The leadership is so poor, i'm not surprised franchises are starting to fail. I don't see why the commish doesn't want to return a team to a big hockey market. Maybe it is too close to other teams, but it is like he'd rather expand to New Mexico before another place that actually cares about hockey.

Other leagues:

NFL - clearly trying to reach global

MLB - Staying here, don't care about the world as evident by really not supporting the World baseball classic

NHL - no idea?

THe people in the WNY region are so damn worried about what everyone else is gonna do that might or might not hurt our sports teams....We should be more concerned about why the hell our ownersip of the current sport teams are more worried about that than fielding teams that win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Guarantee you if they won them we wouldnt be worried about our teams rights being infringed upon or moving.... I could care less if they have a franchise in Hamilton St. CAtherines or wherever....I do care about putting a team together that wins the cup!!!!

THe people in the WNY region are so damn worried about what everyone else is gonna do that might or might not hurt our sports teams....We should be more concerned about why the hell our ownersip of the current sport teams are more worried about that than fielding teams that win CHAMPIONSHIPS!!! Guarantee you if they won them we wouldnt be worried about our teams rights being infringed upon or moving.... I could care less if they have a franchise in Hamilton St. CAtherines or wherever....I do care about putting a team together that wins the cup!!!!

but the Coyotes are a failing franchise that have never won a thing.... so it may or may not get strong

in Hamilton. If it turns out to be a weak franchise it will be like putting a Hardy's next to an Arby's.

but the Coyotes are a failing franchise that have never won a thing.... so it may or may not get strong

in Hamilton. If it turns out to be a weak franchise it will be like putting a Hardy's next to an Arby's.

You wouldn't think with Ballsysilly that money would be an object.

I love reading the comments at the bottom of that page. They're so mind-numbingly stupid. Stuff like "why don't they worry about people in their own country". Last time I checked, Phoenix and Buffalo are in the US. The constant whining about people trying to stick it to Canada is hilarious.

Also the only 2 places with Ted's hot dogs! :thumbsup:

Well said. I think this is the best post I've read thus far on the matter.

I guess I just don't understand why these team owners around the Buffalo area don't comprehend the "service" concept. If you provide great service with a great product, people will come back. If you don't, they won't. Thus, good teams will keep people coming, but bad teams will turn us off.

Hence the latest addition to my signature block... <_<

Long overdue for the Hamilton/ Golden Horseshoe region.

My hope is that Balsillie is successful.

Why would you want to turn this guy away (for the third time).

Bettman's reign of terror has to be coming to an end.

He pulled the teams out of Quebec and Winnipeg.

Hamilton has always been ready for NHL hockey.

The Copps may need a little cash to upgrade the amenities. No problem.

NHL in Arizona was a risky propostion in the first place.

They gave it a good run. the old college try. It does not work.

Hey, they can always put another expansion franchise there if Bettman still thinks it is a priority.

The Hammer is well deserving of a team. the fans are well-deserving.

The area can, without a doubt, support an additional NHL franchise.

The adverse affects on the Sabres are being blown out of proportion.

They should be welcoming the team.

They should be on the phone with Balsillie working out the $$$ payout for the bogus territorial rights.

How can they complain?

There is no evidence of any relocated team adversly affecting a neighboring franchise. None.

What have they (Quinn and Co.) done to ease the southern Ontario fans across the border to attend Sabres games.

They also have never beeen able to get their games on TV over there. Sad.

Stop the whining about it and take a radical approach.

I hope we retain all our fans from Ontario, but some will be lost.

The tickets for Hamilton games will end up being like Leaf tickets - unavailable or hard to get.

The Sabres will be in the same spot they were in before.

No big loss in my eyes - only gains.

Anybody else ready for a home-and-home-and-home series between Buffalo-Hamilton-Toronto?!?!?

And the new name for the franchise - how exciting!

Put the desert dogs to sleep and come up with a great, proud new team in Hamilton.

(I like the Hammer Heads for one.)

Shrader is right.......I gave him the extra beat.....

but the bow-nets were superfluous too :beer:

See, I would've gone the creative route and shortened it to "O'er Quinny's bow-nets". It gives a nice artistic/lazy feel to it.

Archived