As usual, Sabres at their best when games matter least...

matter2003

Its just tiring to see this team play great when it doesn't matter but then fight each other for the chance to go hide in the corner when the chips are on the table...I don't know what this team needs, but I think the first thing I would look for are guys that are at their best when the games are most important(players like Drury, whom they allowed to leave)...

Its just tiring to see this team play great when it doesn't matter but then fight each other for the chance to go hide in the corner when the chips are on the table...I don't know what this team needs, but I think the first thing I would look for are guys that are at their best when the games are most important(players like Drury, whom they allowed to leave)...

I agree. 11 goals in the last 2 meaningless games (well one anyways). This team is weak from top to bottom.

Is it too much to ask for to have guys actually even appear to be just a LITTLE upset they are not in the playoffs for the 2 years straight? If this team took things as hard as Lindy Ruff, they would be comfortably in the playoffs...Ruff seems devastated...

Is it too much to ask for to have guys actually even appear to be just a LITTLE upset they are not in the playoffs for the 2 years straight? If this team took things as hard as Lindy Ruff, they would be comfortably in the playoffs...Ruff seems devastated...

Did you read Vanek's quotes from the postgame today? He doesn't even care about the 40 goals, he's just pissed at himself and the Sabres for blowing it this year. I think Vanek has the right attitude, but is not the most vocal player, thus not a leader.

Did you read Vanek's quotes from the postgame today? He doesn't even care about the 40 goals, he's just pissed at himself and the Sabres for blowing it this year. I think Vanek has the right attitude, but is not the most vocal player, thus not a leader.

That's good to hear as opposed to Pominville who was so busy talking about how proud he was they'd beaten the 'Canes in a must-win game he didn't even notice the Rags had beaten Philly and eliminated us.

Either that, or he didn't care.

In the case of Pominville, it's anyones guess.

To be sure, that is the problem. To many just too confortable IMHO.

Both Carolina and Boston had nothing to play for. That's why the Sabres looked so effective. They other guys weren't even trying.

PTR

True that and to be exact, the fact the other teams were not playing Physical and were trying to rest existing bumps and bruises and to avoid new injuries.

What I have noticed the last 2 seasons with this current collection of ladies is, They look best when the other teams do not play a real Physical hard driving style and allow them some room, we need a team of players that can and have the will to make their own room out their.

That's good to hear as opposed to Pominville who was so busy talking about how proud he was they'd beaten the 'Canes in a must-win game he didn't even notice the Rags had beaten Philly and eliminated us.

Either that, or he didn't care.

In the case of Pominville, it's anyones guess.

These guys are too concerned with meaningless things like "effort" etc and not concerned enough with results...

Someone needs to get through to these guys that they aren't being paid for effort, they are being paid for results...

The guys need to realize that they are not rookies anymore. When you're a rookie or 2nd year you get the nice pat on the back when you make a nice move, score a clutch goal.

These guys are past that but haven't realized yet that they are expected to be clutch, score with a great shot, come up big in all areas of the ice ALL THE TIME.

The sooner they realize, hey, it's not college anymore the better. And if they don't, or can't, get that, GET OUT.

The guys need to realize that they are not rookies anymore. When you're a rookie or 2nd year you get the nice pat on the back when you make a nice move, score a clutch goal.

These guys are past that but haven't realized yet that they are expected to be clutch, score with a great shot, come up big in all areas of the ice ALL THE TIME.

The sooner they realize, hey, it's not college anymore the better. And if they don't, or can't, get that, GET OUT.

Somebody was listening to Schopp & The Bulldog today. ;)

Edit: it was actually a quote from Miller that I heard on Scopp & The Bulldog.

Somebody was listening to Schopp & The Bulldog today. ;)

Edit: it was actually a quote from Miller that I heard on Scopp & The Bulldog.

Thought I put that in there. Yup, it was Miller who said that. He also said "he was pissed and the fans should be pissed too".

Thought I put that in there. Yup, it was Miller who said that. He also said "he was pissed and the fans should be pissed too".

I liked his line when asked if they needed to bring someone in to give them a kick in the butt, "if we can't ourselves in the butt to compete, then we should all be shipped out." I don't think he'd find much argument here and some would even take that literally as a plan for next year.

Archived