I Don't Think Miller Is Going To Be Out

CallawaySabres

1) Swelling not that bad (even day after)

2) Not limping badly (if at all)

3) Lower than first expected

4) Ruff retracts his statement that hit was intentional (no way would he have done this if Miller was out a WHILE)

5) Miller already says it feels better one day later. Last time I had a sprain, it felt worse the next day

6) The fact they have not put a timetable on return

This is going to be a big blessing in disguise and this team is going to be FIRED UP when Mills and Vanek both get back in 2 weeks (if not sooner). Here is to PMA

4) Ruff retracts his statement that hit was intentional (no way would he have done this if Miller was out a WHILE)

5) Miller already says it feels better one day later. Last time I had a sprain, it felt worse the next day

This is going to be a big blessing in disguise and this team is going to be FIRED UP when Mills and Vanek both get back in 2 weeks (if not sooner). Here is to PMA

I've suspected this to be a ruse to get the team going after Lindy backed off yesterday...

Why does a team playing for their playoff lives need to be tricked into getting "FIRED UP?'

What makes you think that?

They'll be a better team, I'm not disputing that, but at this point I think this team is incapable of being "fired up" for anything.

If watching your goalie crawl back into his crease to finish a play efter being taken down behind the net doesn't get you "fired up", I find it hard to see anything else accomplishing this.

The Sabres are in rebuild mode apparently, so what we see is what we get at this point. I'll be happy when they win, disappointed when they lose, ecstatic when they surprise me, but I don't really have any expectations for them anymore.

I know, I know. People will tell me I'm watching the wrong team, but it's not like it's something I have choice in, so let's stop pretending that I do :thumbsup:

What makes you think that?

They'll be a better team, I'm not disputing that, but at this point I think this team is incapable of being "fired up" for anything.

If watching your goalie crawl back into his crease to finish a play efter being taken down behind the net doesn't get you "fired up", I find it hard to see anything else accomplishing this.

The Sabres are in rebuild mode apparently, so what we see is what we get at this point. I'll be happy when they win, disappointed when they lose, ecstatic when they surprise me, but I don't really have any expectations for them anymore.

I know, I know. People will tell me I'm watching the wrong team, but it's not like it's something I have choice in, so let's stop pretending that I do :thumbsup:

You're not watching the wrong team. There is nothing wrong with being disappointed when the team refuses to answer the bell when challenged. Just don't be one of those fans that have given up and willingly accept what is handed them. There are always going to be those type of fans who will be rah rah no matter what type of team the Sabres toss out on the ice. It doesn't mean we all have to lower our standards.

You're assuming a lot with your 1st 2 points. How often does a team tell the truth about injuries?

You're assuming a lot with your 1st 2 points. How often does a team tell the truth about injuries?

Wouldn't announcements of a goalie's injury be different than those of a forward or defenseman? It's not like the goalie takes contact frequently throughout the game so that the opposition knows where to "aim" their hits.

Despite Lindy possibly backing off the "intent" of Gomez, I still think he deliberately meant to run into Miller to disrupt him. The fact that he injured Miller should have resulted in a penalty or suspension.

The bottom line is this: every sprained ankle is highly variable in terms of recovery time. The absence of initial swelling & pain can be misleading. Anyone who grew up playing sports, esp. basketball, knows this.

Any speculation on Miller's projected absence is just that, speculation.

The first three sound like the day after a sex change operation. I'd agree, I think we see Miller back sooner (1-2 weeks) rather than later (next season).

A sprained ankle for a goalie is huge. I hope your right, but fear it will be longer.

• 4 weeks later...
I stand by my prediction of 10-15 games or 1 month which ever is more.

Well, it's been ten games and a month tomorrow. He's 'taking shots' now. I thought, or hoped, for him to be back for the Rangers game Saturday. That seems very unlikely. He looks to have a few more weeks to go, .

Sadest thing is, even having Miller back, the Sabres probably don't have a different record in those 10 games as lalime and tellqvist have both been good enough to win games for the Sabres, its everyone infront of them that aren't playing like they want to make the playoffs

They want their coach fired, it would seem.

I'm guessing that's what the 3 hour meeting was about.

Archived