GDT- Rangers @ Sabres 2/21/09

spndnchz

The Sabres have a chance to gain ground on another team they are chasing in the Eastern Conference standings when they host the New York Rangers at HSBC Arena tonight.

The Rangers come to town after snapping their three-game losing streak at home against the Islanders Thursday 3-1. The win broke them free of the four-team logjam for fifth place in the East. With 68 points, New York sits in fifth all alone.

I'll be there with BELLS on!!! Whohoo....Go go box seats! Gotta love getting a yearly Christmas present as wonderful as great Sabres tickets! Last year it was front row against the glass vs. the Rangers - and the amazing check Kaleta threw against Mara made the highlight reels with the just-bought-from-the-snack-bar overfilled beers absolutely DRENCHING the Rangers fans sitting to my left as they flew up into the air with the stereotypical slo-mo 'nooooooooooooooooooo' coming from the mouths of the about-to-be-drenchees. It was absolutely priceless!

Though to tell the truth that guy and his friend were probably the coolest non-Sabres fans I've ever sat next to at HSBC.

So, got Box Tickets in HBOX4 - anybody else ever had these? They're on the end so I'll have a long view of the opposite goal, but anybody ever sit here? Good? Bad? Fantastic simply because beer refills are uber easy? (that's my thinking!) ;-p

Whaddaya think?

4-2 Sabres BTW.

Well here we have another big game in regarads to the standings,and another chance for the Sabs to gain some ground.

The question is which Sabres team is gonna show up up tonight?

Sunday and thursday were big games too. :wallbash:

Carolina is now 1 point behind us. Philly is 5 points ahead. :wallbash:

So, got Box Tickets in HBOX4 - anybody else ever had these? They're on the end so I'll have a long view of the opposite goal, but anybody ever sit here? Good? Bad? Fantastic simply because beer refills are uber easy? (that's my thinking!) ;-p

Whaddaya think?

4-2 Sabres BTW.

I think any one of those boxes has an excellent view of the game. Depends on who is hosting the box, but chances are the fridge in it will be stocked with beer :thumbsup: .

Just for PA:

The Penguins beat Philly 5-4 and Montreal is up 2-0 on Ottawa, so this is an even bigger game. At best, we can hold pace with everyone else. At worst, we are right back with the Pens and Carolina.

BTW watched some Carolina last night on FSN Carolina

They advertise Buffalo as their bad blood match-up.

"Bad blood comes to Town!"

Just thought it funny that that is how they sell it.

I hope they come out with some determination and some fire. Also, I hope they can play 60 minutes tonight (tall order) as these chances are slipping away. Hope all around D play is much better tonight as well (ie odd man breaks, straight brake aways, too much time in our own zone on one friggin shift, yada yada).

Just for PA:

The Penguins beat Philly 5-4 and Montreal is up 2-0 on Ottawa, so this is an even bigger game. At best, we can hold pace with everyone else. At worst, we are right back with the Pens and Carolina.

You got me. It's a must win. Win or go home.

For those wondering if the curse is in effect tonight, my 1-8 "in person" record will not be at the game tonight!

Good to see we have some stats in our favor in this one.

But this is extraordinarily big like the rest of them.

Big is as big does , they just better play like it.

Just for PA:

The rest of the season is going to be like this and I for one want to see what we got. As I've been saying, time to weed out the pretenders from the contender's. If we can't hang then we don't deserve to be their. It's that simple for me. I for one don't want to see us backing into the playoff's......

So what's it going to be Sabre's ....can we get er done or not :chris: Show us fans whatcha got.

Just for PA:

Speaking of the Flyers game, I just read that today Philly set an all time regular season attendance mark. I don't get it. They've never sold out a game? Or do they go by fannies in the seats and not tickets sold?

Archived