GDT- Rangers @ Sabres 2/21/09

spndnchz

So he intended to start a ruckus against a team that he knew wouldn't start a ruckus?

Some times you have to try even if it's futile. Gomez knew he would be in no physical danger and decided to try it anyway. It did end up giving the Rangers some life despite the docile nature of the Sabres. .

I've watched a fair amount of hockey these last few years. I can't recall a single instance where a team, any team, has seriously gone after another team for running a goalie. They have the usual dust-up, but nothing on the scale of what some suggest here or what we used to see in the earlier days of the NHL. Are you all just wishing for a style of play that is non-existent in the modern day NHL? Folks cite the Flames, Wings, Ducks, etc.. But is this more myth than reality? Players are making more money than ever. Is it really in their best interests to throw down in this day and age? The Rays, Schonefelds, etc are long gone from the game.

Maybe you don't watch as much hockey as you think. Over the past few seasons I've seen teams like the Flyers, Bruins, Canucks and others go ape #%^$#! when their goalies get banged around.

You may be missing the greater point. The Sabres don't even get in the "usual dust-ups" as you mentioned.

Archived