Check out ovechkin's goal tonight

X. Benedict

i had misheard that this goal was scored in OT

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

i was at the game --- incredible goal his play off the boards to set it up was INCREDIBLE. the caps will represent the EAST THIS SEASON IN THE CUP. Inkman, please put this post into the mason jar time capsul (along with the post re: gerbe scoring 35 in 2012) and tell fenway to dig the hole.

The caps are incredible and DONT loose at home. Ill be in durham tomorrow night to see the Tampa roster. there will be a fire sale with them in 15 days. regier could get gary roberts and ryan malone for paille and a 6th rounder.

What's there not to like? Why do we always have to have villains?

He tried to kill Briere, and he sorta comes across as a douchebag whenever I hear/read an interview with him. Those are my reasons. I know the Briere thing is old news, but I immediately lose respect for a player that is willing to pull that sort of dangerous cheap shot.

The caps are incredible and DONT loose at home. Ill be in durham tomorrow night to see the Tampa roster. there will be a fire sale with them in 15 days. regier could get gary roberts and ryan malone for paille and a 6th rounder.

They don't get loose at home? You gotta get loose when you're at home, no sense in playing tight.

He tried to kill Briere, and he sorta comes across as a douchebag whenever I hear/read an interview with him. Those are my reasons. I know the Briere thing is old news, but I immediately lose respect for a player that is willing to pull that sort of dangerous cheap shot.

Then you've lost respect for most players in the game? Even a few Sabres. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5dfneoHcE

i was at that game too. OV came across the ice -- from one side to the other -- and simply crushed him. it was a legal hit as briere, at the blue line, was getting ready to make a play. the problem was that the glass curved behind the palyers bendch there -- and danny got his head rang off the partition.

Then you've lost respect for most players in the game? Even a few Sabres. :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OC5dfneoHcE

i was at that game too. OV came across the ice -- from one side to the other -- and simply crushed him. it was a legal hit as briere, at the blue line, was getting ready to make a play. the problem was that the glass curved behind the palyers bendch there -- and danny got his head rang off the partition.

Briere wasn't trying to play the puck, he was trying to get off the ice. And it wasn't a legal hit, AO blindsided him and sent him crashing head first into the boards. If it was leagl, why did he get punished?

While I don't believe that OV meant for it to be as bad as it was, the little nudge that he gave Briere was a bit late and right in the numbers (i.e., from behind.) It was made worse because Danny had let up to go off on a change and he hit right on the open door, but it was not a legal hit. OV knew it, too; look at his reaction after the hit.

While I don't believe that OV meant for it to be as bad as it was, the little nudge that he gave Briere was a bit late and right in the numbers (i.e., from behind.) It was made worse because Danny had let up to go off on a change and he hit right on the open door, but it was not a legal hit. OV knew it, too; look at his reaction after the hit.

Exactly.

Here it is. Ah, those were the good old days it seems like....

Did you even see the hit, or were you watching someone play NHL 08? That is easily the most incorrect description I've ever read of a play.

The refs wouldn't even let Goose mix it up with Ovechkin after the hit. God forbid he has to take a punch.

I don't think OV is a fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he would have been OK if he had to grapple with Goose and take a couple shots.

Then again, the linesmen know that OV is the best player in the league. They're not going to let him take the chance at getting pummeled by a more experienced fighter.

Did you even see the hit, or were you watching someone play NHL 08? That is easily the most incorrect description I've ever read of a play.

I don't think OV is a fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he would have been OKif he had to grapple with Goose and take a couple shots.

Then again, the linesmen know that OV is the best player in the league. They're not going to let him take the chance at getting pummeled by a more experienced fighter.

In the spirit of this video, I say Gaustad goes for the Gordie Howe hatter tonight.

i dont want to be a 4th liner anymore. i think i have added some great posts and demand a better title. ill take 'conn smythe winner' or 'bonafide all star'. i will go to another site if i dont get this.

Back to prospect you go.

Archived