Check out ovechkin's goal tonight

X. Benedict

i WAS AT THE GAME, sitting 4 rows up on that blueline --- on the other side of the rink.

i watched the entire play unfold. im sure its on utube. go refresh yourself.

your a joke.

Did you even see the hit, or were you watching someone play NHL 08? That is easily the most incorrect description I've ever read of a play.

I don't think OV is a fighter by any stretch of the imagination, but I think he would have been OK if he had to grapple with Goose and take a couple shots.

Then again, the linesmen know that OV is the best player in the league. They're not going to let him take the chance at getting pummeled by a more experienced fighter.

i WAS AT THE GAME, sitting 4 rows up on that blueline --- on the other side of the rink.

your a joke.

yes, it is on "utube", in fact the link is posted in the thread...the incident is nothing like the way you described it, especially that little part where you said the hit was legal

i jsut watched the hit -- on utube. i stand corrected, you are right, it was the door to the bench that he was almost opened. i thought he hit the wrap of the partition near the bench. but like i say, OV chased him down from across the rink. briere was indeed changing -- and he turned his back and OV smacked him. kind of cheap -- hit from behind.

i was at the game -- just had the facts a little messed up. adn this my 100 post -- DO I NOW GET TO CHANGE THE 4th line crap? thanks...labatt blue?

yes, it is on "utube", in fact the link is posted in the thread...the incident is nothing like the way you described it, especially that little part where you said the hit was legal

i had misheard that this goal was scored in OT

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

That is how I read it too... I thought he scored in OT... When I found out he scored in the first period to tie the Habs, I was pissed.

They "spun" it for what it was worth!

i was at the game --- incredible goal his play off the boards to set it up was INCREDIBLE. the caps will represent the EAST THIS SEASON IN THE CUP. Inkman, please put this post into the mason jar time capsul (along with the post re: gerbe scoring 35 in 2012) and tell fenway to dig the hole.

The caps are incredible and DONT loose at home. Ill be in durham tomorrow night to see the Tampa roster. there will be a fire sale with them in 15 days. regier could get gary roberts and ryan malone for paille and a 6th rounder.

You'll need a pretty nice telescope, then, since the Canes play in Raleigh.

Not sure you're ready for the 3rd line. You seem more of a natural 4th-liner -- tons of energy, but there are questions about precision and execution.

Great passion for the game though. Keep on firing!

your a joke.

Good call, superstar. Really earning that 4th-line status, aren't ya?

Nah, we're all wrong and the superstar is right.

i jsut watched the hit -- on utube. i stand corrected, you are right, it was the door to the bench that he was almost opened. i thought he hit the wrap of the partition near the bench. but like i say, OV chased him down from across the rink. briere was indeed changing -- and he turned his back and OV smacked him. kind of cheap -- hit from behind.

i was at the game -- just had the facts a little messed up. adn this my 100 post -- DO I NOW GET TO CHANGE THE 4th line crap? thanks...labatt blue?

Still mostly wrong, but getting warmer. OV did not "chase him down from across the ice" - he was skating parallel to Briere from inside the Sabres blueline to where he hit 48 in front of the bench. OV was no more than 20-25 feet away from him at the beginning and was no more than 5-6 feet from him through the neutral zone.

were are all good fella. no need to to try to amuse the crowd here. i was at the game -- saw it, heard it, etc. it was wild. so what?

lets carry on. if you really want to pick an internet thread fight -- we can do that. not sure if that is what your going for. i corrected my comment. anything else i can do for you? go read my 100 posts and you will learn the game -- and alot of things you had no idea about. i mean that.

labatt -- am i off the 4th line yet?

Good call, superstar. Really earning that 4th-line status, aren't ya?

Nah, we're all wrong and the superstar is right.

Still mostly wrong, but getting warmer. OV did not "chase him down from across the ice" - he was skating parallel to Briere from inside the Sabres blueline to where he hit 48 in front of the bench. OV was no more than 20-25 feet away from him at the beginning and was no more than 5-6 feet from him through the neutral zone.

were are all good fella. no need to to try to amuse the crowd here. i was at the game -- saw it, heard it, etc. it was wild. so what?

lets carry on. if you really want to pick an internet thread fight -- we can do that. not sure if that is what your going for. i corrected my comment. anything else i can do for you? go read my 100 posts and you will learn the game -- and alot of things you had no idea about. i mean that.

labatt -- am i off the 4th line yet?

post-327-1235074151_thumbgif

That's funny stuff right there - and I'm not even talking about the continued use of the already beaten to death "am I off the 4th line yet?" joke.

;)

(and to think that, when they both came into the league, i allowed myself to be led by the nose to the altar of crosbaby. :oops: )

Yeah,i used to think Crosby was the better player. Untill i took a better look at Oveckin. He has god like balance on the ice. And he doesn't shy away from delivering hits. Hes all and all,just a better player overall than the kid. Sid might be faster,and he might also be a better passer,but Ove is just incredible in every aspect of the game.

Yeah,i used to think Crosby was the better player. Untill i took a better look at Oveckin. He has god like balance on the ice. And he doesn't shy away from delivering hits. Hes all and all,just a better player overall than the kid. Sid might be faster,and he might also be a better passer,but Ove is just incredible in every aspect of the game.

I think Crosby is a better playmaker and has a little better vision, passing ability and uses his teammates better. OV is improving in those areas, and has so much more to his game - he's faster, hits everything in sight, and is a threat to score every time he is on the ice. I also read this morning that OV is the fifth-fastest to hit the 200 career goals mark. He joined a pretty good group- the other four are Gretzky, Bossy, Brett Hull and Lemieux.

One thing to consider is that had the NHL stayed the "New NHL", it might have tipped the scales a little more in Crosby's favor, but the current state of the NHL certainly favor a more physical, go hard to the net type player than a "pretty play" maker (not to be confused with a pretty playmaker.)

One thing to consider is that had the NHL stayed the "New NHL", it might have tipped the scales a little more in Crosby's favor, but the current state of the NHL certainly favor a more physical, go hard to the net type player than a "pretty play" maker (not to be confused with a pretty playmaker.)

Indeed,If the NHL remained the way it was post lockout(especially 06/07) then Crosby's ability would be more suited for the game. However since the reverting to more of a hybrid of the pre/post lockout styles,Ove has been able to shine.

But another thing to consider is the Caps really didn't start to turn things around until last season. While the Pens turned the page mid 06/07. So one might say Crosby had a better team for while,thus taking pressure off him.

i agree, and i think that is a good review. the question, is really -- who leads their team's more or less. that is subjective a little -- and i think both are great leaders. but OV seems to have his guys rally around him closer -- and that might just be b/k the team is VERY close (this team is intact from winnin the Calder Cup with the same coach, BB).

OV's energy infect the fans and his teamates. they thrive on it. Crosby plays the cerebral patient game -- and these differences are interesting to study. Kind of like Messier and Gretzky -- who were oppositve personalities (on and off the ice), yet both great leaders.

I think Crosby is a better playmaker and has a little better vision, passing ability and uses his teammates better. OV is improving in those areas, and has so much more to his game - he's faster, hits everything in sight, and is a threat to score every time he is on the ice. I also read this morning that OV is the fifth-fastest to hit the 200 career goals mark. He joined a pretty good group- the other four are Gretzky, Bossy, Brett Hull and Lemieux.

i agree, and i think that is a good review. the question, is really -- who leads their team's more or less. that is subjective a little -- and i think both are great leaders. but OV seems to have his guys rally around him closer -- and that might just be b/k the team is VERY close (this team is intact from winnin the Calder Cup with the same coach, BB).

OV's energy infect the fans and his teamates. they thrive on it. Crosby plays the cerebral patient game -- and these differences are interesting to study. Kind of like Messier and Gretzky -- who were oppositve personalities (on and off the ice), yet both great leaders.

Argreed,tis a good overview. I think OV has a small edge over The Kid when it comes to leadership. It is,how you pointed out,because of his intensity. Once his teamates get a glimpse of that determination,its infectious. It makes them want to match it,and that is what brings the best out of great teams.

Ovechkins intensity is one of the biggest reasons why i'm chosing the Caps from the east this post season. I dont think Ovechkin can be contained in the playoffs,especially after he was eliminated last year. I'm looking forward to seeing the russian beast dominate in the playoffs this year.

why the hell are we on the 3rd line with the type of analysis we bring? this is horsecrap. ;)

the caps will win the east. that's the calder cup team with the same coach. backstrom is now a legit top 10 player in the league at the pivot. semin is deadly, OV is simply the best (said in a tina turner voice). joe theodore has been solid. he is sound now -- he plays within himself and he defense does the rest. Green has the NORIS won. they then have waves of solid players and fiber along the 3rd adn 4th lines. the Clark injury hurts. and they are simply unreal on home ice. they have the size, talent and energy to do this. and like you say, the experience of last season is fresh on their minds.

as for crozz, he is a great general in his own way. it will be awesome if these two teams square off in the playoffs.

Argreed,tis a good overview. I think OV has a small edge over The Kid when it comes to leadership. It is,how you pointed out,because of his intensity. Once his teamates get a glimpse of that determination,its infectious. It makes them want to match it,and that is what brings the best out of great teams.

Ovechkins intensity is one of the biggest reasons why i'm chosing the Caps from the east this post season. I dont think Ovechkin can be contained in the playoffs,especially after he was eliminated last year. I'm looking forward to seeing the russian beast dominate in the playoffs this year.

why the hell are we on the 3rd line with the type of analysis we bring? this is horsecrap. ;)

the caps will win the east. that's the calder cup team with the same coach. backstrom is now a legit top 10 player in the league at the pivot. semin is deadly, OV is simply the best (said in a tina turner voice). joe theodore has been solid. he is sound now -- he plays within himself and he defense does the rest. Green has the NORIS won. they then have waves of solid players and fiber along the 3rd adn 4th lines. the Clark injury hurts. and they are simply unreal on home ice. they have the size, talent and energy to do this. and like you say, the experience of last season is fresh on their minds.

as for crozz, he is a great general in his own way. it will be awesome if these two teams square off in the playoffs.

Backstrom is a very good young player, but consider that his assist numbers are greatly inflated because he centers Ovechkin's line, and there's nobody better than Ovechkin at finding the back of the net. Top 10 in the NHL is definitely pushing it.

Best player in the NHL by far, but the NHL still wants to shove Crosby down your throat

I suspect you might see a shift in that trend. Most of the fans I talk to seem to have a greater affinity for AO than Crosby. According to a players' survey, 52% of NHL players identified Crosby as the biggest whiner in the league. That seems to be an identity that he's received among non-Pittsburgh fans too. Right now, the league would be smart to use AO as their biggest marketing tool.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nhl/news/story?p...809playersurvey

Wow, tied for fifth most disruptive fans! Go Buffalo!

Unfortunately we don't seem to compare to those S.O.Bs in Philly. But we can sure as heck shut them up tonight!

Edit: Actually, I take that back. The Sabres winning tonight wouldn't shut them up, because then they would just boo the Flyers. In reality, they never stop running their mouths.

Archived