I can admit when I am wrong.

deluca67

Watching Chris Butler play his 30 minutes last night it is apparent he is much more NHL than Mike Weber. I love Weber's physical game and can't wait until he is a fixture in the lineup. I think Butler's performance this season has answered a huge question for the Sabres on the blue line. I felt they needed to find a blue liner to push this team into the playoffs. Butler, Sekera, Rivet, Lydman, Spacek and either Hank or Teppo is a defense I wouldn't mind seeing the Sabres go into the playoffs with. I think even Paestch has shown some value even though he is now the worst fighter on the roster taking the title from Peters.

My hat is off to those who called out Chris Butler as the more ready prospect at this point.

DeLuca:

I like your posts DeLuca and think you are right much of the time.

Butler: this guy will be in the league for 15-20 years. He has the simple game that coaches love. No thrills, just really steady. No mountains and no valleys with this kid. He has the passing, shot and hitting. Positionally, he is always in the right spot and plays with his head up. Makes the good first pass, etc. But what separates him from other youngsters is that he is very confident. This guy put on 40 pounds of weight while at the University of Denver and has created and molded a strong lower body -- which you see him use to ride guys into the glass with. He simply doesn't get beat to pucks nor does he get beat in the corners for loose pucks. In addition, he doesnt get man-handled by bigger forwards. He's got a great sense of leverage and balance. He blocks shots too. In a few years, he will become more offensively involved. His offensive skills are there. A solid two -way guy here.

What a find by Regier.

Connolly: is simply sick with the puck. His skills are unreal. Shot, passing, physical, leader, etc. I mean, this guy is a top forward -- if he could paly 80 + games. He gets better each seasonl.

His injuries occur, as I stated in other posts, not because he is any more injury prone (or weak or soft) than anyother pro. Rather, he gets injured because he play reckless and doesnt protect himself. When he goes to the net, he needs to protect himself (last night he dove in head first and scored). After a pass -- he needs to make himself small and get ready to get jolted. He got slammed last night after a pass -- b/k Doan caught him watching his pass. After plays and whistles, he needs to be on the lookout for little scub rat cheapshot artists like Scott Nichol from drilling him. He simply needs to play with more fear and be more cerebral that he is a target. Peter Schaffer -- who drilled him in the playoff -- skated across the ice from the other side and tracked him down the rub him out. Timmy has to know when he has the puck, guys are going to mark him and try to take him out. If he can do that, and be cognizant of that threat, he will lead this club to great places.

Anyone else disappointed that this is what he was apologizing for?

Serious thread tease.

I told my wife that I was going to be busy the rest of the day. I grabbed a six pack and a couple of meal's worth of food expecting to read a lengthy manifesto... sigh...

Connolly: is simply sick with the puck. His skills are unreal. Shot, passing, physical, leader, etc. I mean, this guy is a top forward -- if he could paly 80 + games. He gets better each seasonl.

His injuries occur, as I stated in other posts, not because he is any more injury prone (or weak or soft) than anyother pro. Rather, he gets injured because he play reckless and doesnt protect himself. When he goes to the net, he needs to protect himself (last night he dove in head first and scored). After a pass -- he needs to make himself small and get ready to get jolted. He got slammed last night after a pass -- b/k Doan caught him watching his pass. After plays and whistles, he needs to be on the lookout for little scub rat cheapshot artists like Scott Nichol from drilling him. He simply needs to play with more fear and be more cerebral that he is a target. Peter Schaffer -- who drilled him in the playoff -- skated across the ice from the other side and tracked him down the rub him out. Timmy has to know when he has the puck, guys are going to mark him and try to take him out. If he can do that, and be cognizant of that threat, he will lead this club to great places.

I agree with this. Hopefully this time he has learned his lesson.

Anyone else disappointed that this is what he was apologizing for?

Serious thread tease.

You're not the only one who's thinking that. It appears that SDS feels the same way too.

I would not call this being contrite at all.

hows it look deluca?

post-770-1233632435_thumbjpg

Be careful not to jinx him. He has stayed healthy for over a week now. Remember, it's when fans feel really good about Connolly and start to think of his long term possibilities that injuries strike.

Hows does it look? It's looks like it has for the most part of five years now. Empty.

Archived