GAME DISCUSSION THREAD

Knightrider

8 assists in 24 games, averaging 19 minutes a game. Why would he want to come back to the Sabres and play 9 minutes?

Being closer to home, playing in the NHL, probably similar or better money....

What value does Paille have? Maybe you could get an aging vet who is about to be a UFA but right now Paille has no real value. I also think he is the type of player Darcy will have an enourmous amount of patience with. Look how long it took Campbell to become a serviceable NHL defensman, then he blossoms into an offensive force.

As long as Paille is playing sound defensively, the organ-eye-zation will wait for Danny to hopefully turn into the dominant player we have seen him be. Let's hope it's soon.

I have no problem hanging on to Paille for another couple of years. He only has 165 games under his belt and only in his 2nd seaosn as a full-time NHL player. Judging by the number of times he has been in Lindy's doghouse, he still has some growing to do. In addition, he is only 24 and doesn't cost a lot.

Not to defend Regier's inability to get anything done, I do have to wonder what type of market there would be Tallinder? Except for a few games here and there his game has been in a steady decline.

especially at $3.25MM next year. We'd have to take back someone else's overpriced mistake.

well that sucks. I opted out of the during game for that crappy preformance and now my window of oppertunity has closed.

outstanding post. My deepest sympathies.

ok... been busy all day... anyway, three things.

Paille is good for at least something, he drew a penalty (I think one of Koci's) with an aggressive forecheck back behind Mike Smith, and he has been skating hard-....

....-er than some people. That fourth goal by TBpissed the hell out of me. Tallinder had pinched in at right defense and Kotalik was in perfect position to slip back to the right D spot along the boards. TB then clears it to the neutral, while Kotalik just stands there with sand pouring out of his gaping , so TB gets an EASY 2 on 1. GAH!

Also, anyone who is saying that it is good to see Tallinder go down will be eating their words when we start slipping down to 10th place by this time next month. Granted, I may not have been as concerned if we still had Andrej and Teppo healthy.

Also, anyone who is saying that it is good to see Tallinder go down will be eating their words when we start slipping down to 10th place by this time next month. Granted, I may not have been as concerned if we still had Andrej and Teppo healthy.

If this team slips to 10th, I feel fairly convinced we can name at least 7-8 very good reasons for it, which all come in way before "Tallinder got hurt".

Attributing a potential playoff miss to injuries is a Quinn excuse. Let's not stoop that low.

The Sabres have done just fine putting themselves in bad situations with a healthy roster, now they'll have to grit their teeth and make up for some of that.

Personally I think there's more to be positive about than negative, but stinking it up against bottom feeders obviously puts a dent in ones enthusiasm. These are the points we need to get. Points against top teams are a bonus we can't count on receiving.

If this team slips to 10th, I feel fairly convinced we can name at least 7-8 very good reasons for it, which all come in way before "Tallinder got hurt".

Well.. yeah I guess I just meant that, being already down 2 Dmen, all the Tallinder-haters should not be that happy. Another one goes down, this team could start slipping bigtime.

Man, I miss hockey already :(

Archived