[OT] Mufflers

inkman

During my deliveries last night the pipe coming out of the back of my muffler severed due to rust. I'm not really handy when it comes to this stuff. Is a muffler shop the best bet for this? Which place will give me the best service and quickest turn around? Thanks in advance.

During my deliveries last night the pipe coming out of the back of my muffler severed due to rust. I'm not really handy when it comes to this stuff. Is a muffler shop the best bet for this? Which place will give me the best service and quickest turn around? Thanks in advance.

Where is the muffler on your car and is anything hanging or dragging? If it's near the back of the car I wouldn't even worry about it and just tie it up with a coat hanger if possible. If it's in the middle somewhere and noisy, then you would have to take it somewhere because exhaust systems usually need to be taken apart with torches and extreme heat. Also if it's near the middle of the car, we wouldn't want you sucking in carbon monoxide and getting all weird on us here....... :huh:.

Anyways, you could take it to The Muffler Shop in Fairport on 31F behind Band auto or I could actually hook you up with Vesa'a Automotive. I know the dude's that own the place and I used to work there myself many moons ago. PM me if you need anything, I could always swing by and take a look see for ya. :thumbsup:

It might cost you a large pepperoni with hot peppers and onions......mmmmm!

Anyways, you could take it to The Muffler Shop in Fairport on 31F behind Band auto

Just went there. (before I knew you posted it)

It might cost you a large pepperoni with hot peppers and onions......mmmmm!

I'm eating that very thing for B-fast. Yummy!

If this is your first muffler to go, I REALLY feel old. :)

IMO Midas is on the high side. Monro and the other places that primarily deal in exhaust repair are much better options than the dealership.

IMO Midas was is on the high side. Monro and the other places that primarily deal in exhaust repair are much better options than the dealership.

They'll all try and sell you more parts than you may need.

here is the scam. They give you lifetime warranty on a muffler, but that doesn't include the parts to attach it. The muffler is incredibly cheap and only lasts a year. So each year you come back for a free muffler from your warranty and they charge you like $50 for parts each time. I would imagine this is how most of the shops work.

If this is your first muffler to go, I REALLY feel old. :)

Just my first on a weekend. Normally, my mechanic would handle this, but considering my truck sounds like a tank, (which was pretty cool during deliveries, minus the one that went to the Crane residence...as in Mark Crane...owner of all Mark's Pizzeria's) I need it fixed ASAP. The Muffler Shop is key. Local owner, went to my high school, employs actual mechanics.

I would avoid any chain muffler shop, under whatever brand. Take it to a local mechanic, shell out the extra $30, and relax when you realize that the local mechanic won't mess with the rest of your car just to bring you back (like I think the chain muffler/brake shops do).

At least make sure you can watch your car while it's worked on. You don't have to be in the bay (and they shouldn't let you be there, anyway), but if they'll let you watch, it usually means they're ok (and you won't HAVE TO watch, dig?).

Inkman- which pizza joint do you work in again?

I've recently started buying from Perinton Pizza, and wow.... best food in the world. Best wraps. Best pizza. Best garbage plates. Just the best. And not only great good, the sponsor the Sabres radio network!

Any Sabres game night, Large pepperoni and 40 wings for $20.

I've recently started buying from Perinton Pizza, and wow.... best food in the world. Best wraps. Best pizza. Best garbage plates. Just the best. And not only great good, the sponsor the Sabres radio network!

Any Sabres game night, Large pepperoni and 40 wings for $20.

Dude, we just started getting pizza there too, like a few months ago. I had a sub last weekend and it was pretty damn good, but their pizza is excellent as well. The kid Kevin who usually runs it (his Mom owns the place) grew up on the street behind me. We used to pick on him and his brother when they were little. I wonder if they spit in my food now. :huh:

So the plates are pretty good there? I must try one soon.

They treat me like a family! :angry:

FWIW, Mark's advertises on the Bills radio network. (more listeners)

Dude, we just started getting pizza there too...

:angry:

Archived