Laviolette out as coach of the Canes

BetweenThePipes00

Whoa sounds like he's talking about our favorite team there doesn't it ?

With the Canes struggling to win at home, struggling to score goals and woeful on the power play, general manager Jim Rutherford apparently elected to make a change.

Rutherford has said he did not want a repeat of last season, when a slide in late-November and early December cost his team the points needs to reach the playoffs. Rutherford has questioned the effort of the team this season.

Deluca does make me wonder though, maybe you can have a coach stay too long in one place... :rolleyes:

One thing I do know now there 2 ex stanley cup winning coaches available with him and Torts

I saw this coming a mile away. PL almost didn't make it to this season. There was a period at the end of last season when Rutherford gave the local media the impression that Laviolette was in trouble and left him swinging in the wind for a few days before announcing he would definetly be back.

Think Lindy will be looking over his shoulder if the Suck on Ice that is the current Sabres continues?

Whoa sounds like he's talking about our favorite team there doesn't it ?

Deluca does make me wonder though, maybe you can have a coach stay too long in one place... :rolleyes:

One thing I do know now there 2 ex stanley cup winning coaches available with him and Torts

Sometimes a change is needed. Longevity is nice as long as you're winning. If the Sabres miss the playoffs this season won't it be 5 out of the last 7 without playoffs?

"We will not change the identity of the team," Maurice said. "It's built a certain way, built for speed. We will make some adjustments but the speed is the thing people enjoy about this team."

Looks like another GM who hasn't realized the speed game era only worked for a season or two.

I saw this coming a mile away. PL almost didn't make it to this season. There was a period at the end of last season when Rutherford gave the local media the impression that Laviolette was in trouble and left him swinging in the wind for a few days before announcing he would definetly be back.

Think Lindy will be looking over his shoulder if the Suck on Ice that is the current Sabres continues?

No, this is the Buffalo Sabres.

12-11-2 and they fire him? Maybe he should have come up with idea of "wiping the slate clean" and having a "fresh start".

Yeah, "wiping the slate clean" with the same players, coach, and worst of all General Manager. Just a way to trick us gullible Buffalo sports fans into thinking the team might be good and for us to keep buying tickets and jerseys to fund Tom Galisano's political campaigns. Go Sabres!

I'm just shocked you can actually fire coaches, I didn't know you could do that in the NHL.

This is because you're a Sabres fan. This is how DR and LQ think, and it's trickling down to us fans. I would crap purple twinkies if the Sabres, or even the Bills for that matter, fired a coach mid-season.

Archived