Game Day Thread: Sabres @ NJ Devils, November 3, 2008

nfreeman

The Sabres just dominated that 4-on-4. I, honestly, have not seen the Sabres this dominant of an effort in a long time. Seriously, this looks like the Red Wings puck possession game when Bowman was there. Unfortunately, they only have one goal to show for it. The effort and puck possession has been phenomenal. Does Rivet make that much of a difference in terms of effort for the entire team? Or is the fear of another Lindy practice the reason the guys are playing like this? If only they could get another goal. I'm just loving the performance, though.

The Sabres just dominated that 4-on-4. I, honestly, have not seen the Sabres this dominant of an effort in a long time. Seriously, this looks like the Red Wings puck possession game when Bowman was there. Unfortunately, they only have one goal to show for it. The effort and puck possession has been phenomenal. Does Rivet make that much of a difference in terms of effort for the entire team? Or is the fear of another Lindy practice the reason the guys are playing like this? If only they could get another goal. I'm just loving the performance, though.

I can't see the game, but it looks good on radio. Maybe Rivet is the difference.

The Devils really won that period. The Sabres took way too many penalties. I don't know if they're make up calls for the first period, but Buffalo spent a lot of time in the box during the second period. Not surprised to see NJ come out and give a better performance in the second, but the Sabres did not help their cause by taking all these penalties. Need to play a much better third to win this game. If we keep giving NJ chances they will score. Need to play the third like we did the first.

Connolly is playing a great game on the PK and in general in his own end ... blocking shots, etc ... credit where it is due ...

Yes. Did you see him slide back to the left point when his d-man pinched in? Nice hold-in and crisp backhand deep to keep the pressure on.

And Kotalik is a monster of late.

The Devils coach just looks undead.

Just what I was afraid of, they couldn't put another goal on the board and they let NJ back into the game. They need to get back to how they played the first half of the game. No shots on net in the last 8 minutes until that clearing shot at the end of the period, if they counted that one. I know they were killing penalties a lot, but that's because NJ is forcing the game now and causing the Sabres to take those penalties, just as we did in the first.

I fully expected this to be a close game.. Next goal wins... If Buffalo gets it, up 2-0 and probably that's enough. If NJ gets it, 1-1 and all the momentum....

Now that we have the penalties evened up, let's just see man-up what happens...

Archived