Game Day Thread: Sabres @ NJ Devils, November 3, 2008

nfreeman

Gotta love the complete 180 degree turnaround in under 5 seconds. With that said, weeks was the only reason it wasn't 10-0. I honestly didn't know he had it in him. Remember about 10 years ago when he threw his stick and got a game misconduct against the sabres? Gotta give the guy some credit for holding his own.

From Elias Sport Bureau:

Kevin Weekes made 19 saves in that first period. It was the eighth time in his career that he's made at least that many stops in one frame. Meanwhile, the goaltender for whom he was playing on Monday night, Martin Brodeur, has made 19 saves in one period only twice in his career.

I didn't realize he had it in him either, but it looks like that's not the first time.

Miller has been great and all, but just look at the smaller number of quality shots that are taken on him. We're starting to see what a good goalie can do with a strong defensive system in front of him, something that was very missing when Tampa was in town (missed the Ottawa game, so I can't comment on that one).

See, I'm not the only one who stated this was a boring game. 1st period was great, the rest......Zzzzzzz. But I'm not complaining because the result was a "W"!

From LetsGoSabres.com:

Entertainment Value

MILD | medium | hot | suicidal

A game involving the New Jersey Devils is almost never exciting. The first period was a tad bit exciting though. The Sabres fired 20 shots at Kevin Weekes, who stopped every shot except Jason Pominville's one timer on the power play. The rest of the game was a usual Sabres-Devils game. Patrick Kaleta provided some insurance in the third period but other than that it was a defensive game the rest of the way.

Lindy has already said that several other skill players are playing worse and would sit before Clarke. I'm guessing Drew and Max better look over their shoulders.

Me thinks you are correct. At this point, I could see Lindy sitting Drew first, but since Max has no future with the Sabres after this year, I'd have no problem sitting his butt up in the press box either.

Archived