"Official" Teach Peters how to fight thread...

LabattBlue

This is how you do it...Lesson #1...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/47675

I just learned how to quote multiple posts in one reply, now can someone tell me how you put a video right into a post? :)

Copy the 'embed' from the video. use "wrap in code tags" and put the embed in like a sandwich, change 'code' to source, like youtube, etc.

This is how you do it...Lesson #1...

http://www.hockeyfights.com/fights/47675

I just learned how to quote multiple posts in one reply, now can someone tell me how you put a video right into a post? :)

If it's a youtube you can just have to wrap the video code (the letters/numbers after the v= part of the URL) within youtube tags.

I.E. - http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-mOptLjElc - this is the video code. Wrap it in between youtube and /youtube tags (don't forget the brackets) and you should be all set.

Peters used to know how to fight a number of years ago, when he'd actually face the opponent and punches would be connected... then he adopted his new style where he just spins away and every once in a while tries to unload one which ultimately misses and then while spinning out of control from the momentum of the haymaker he just threw he falls and pulls the other player down too. Then he calls that fighting. And sits in the box while taking up a roster spot from someone who probably deserves a chance to contribute.

If it's a youtube you can just have to wrap the video code (the letters/numbers after the v= part of the URL) within youtube tags.

I.E. - http:// www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-mOptLjElc - this is the video code. Wrap it in between youtube and /youtube tags (don't forget the brackets) and you should be all set.

Thanks!

Peters used to know how to fight a number of years ago, when he'd actually face the opponent and punches would be connected... then he adopted his new style where he just spins away and every once in a while tries to unload one which ultimately misses and then while spinning out of control from the momentum of the haymaker he just threw he falls and pulls the other player down too. Then he calls that fighting. And sits in the box while taking up a roster spot from someone who probably deserves a chance to contribute.

I read something earlier about this, he said last ear he changed his style because he tried to slim down to get quicker and try and do more then just "fight". But it hurt his fighting since he was not as big as some of the leagues other "Heavyweights"so this year he has put back on the weight and was working on getting back to the way he was.

I haven't been able to watch any games, but I have listened to all 3 and I have to say, it sounds like he is getting alot of ice time, and isn't really hurting the team like most say he does.

as pitiful as it can be to watch peters fight sometimes, does anybody else wish we would have gotten to see what happened to Mara had Peters made it to him? As soon as Mara started unloading on Kaleta, the camera angle showed Peters b-lining to come help out.. I think another Rangers player grabbed him before he got there

as pitiful as it can be to watch peters fight sometimes, does anybody else wish we would have gotten to see what happened to Mara had Peters made it to him? As soon as Mara started unloading on Kaleta, the camera angle showed Peters b-lining to come help out.. I think another Rangers player grabbed him before he got there

I've had to deal with some Ranger fans whining about Kaleta turtling and Buffalo getting the 5 minute powerplay. It would've been easy enough to solve that problem. If the guy hadn't tackled Peters, the Rangers walk away with a powerplay there. But yeah, this is the kind of thing that is new to this team this year. They're sticking up for each other.

How about scratching him from the lineup? Then we wouldn't care how badly he fights.

That's a bit tough when you only have 12 healthy forwards on the roster. It's a pretty safe bet that if everyone is every actually healthy, he won't be anywhere near the lineup (oh, and Ellis will be sent packing).

• 1 month later...

As we make our way through 3 weeks of terrible uninspired boring hockey, I find myself going through youtube looking for old Sabres videos. After watching the video below, it came back to me just how much fun the days of May, Ray, Boughner and Barnaby were.

WOW!!

CZTJxlCv7wo

PS Great call by RJ and even Lorentz was feeling it! :thumbsup:

Ray versus Domi...13 Times!!!

I wonder if these guys are friendly if they see each other now? :lol:

Definitely!

See 0:54 to see how they actually felt about each other at the time:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Then, the coup de gr?ce, Tie Domi's retirement, where Rayzor calls in:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

I wouldn't be surprised to find out that they get together and punch each other in the face just for fun.

I read something earlier about this, he said last ear he changed his style because he tried to slim down to get quicker and try and do more then just "fight". But it hurt his fighting since he was not as big as some of the leagues other "Heavyweights"so this year he has put back on the weight and was working on getting back to the way he was.

I haven't been able to watch any games, but I have listened to all 3 and I have to say, it sounds like he is getting alot of ice time, and isn't really hurting the team like most say he does.

In other words he stopped taking "the juice".

Archived