Who is your candidate for whipping boy this year?

LabattBlue

36 members have voted

1. 1. 2008-2009 whipping boy is...

• Tallinder
    • Kotalik
    • Max
    • Connolly
    • Vanek
    • Lydman
    • Other

So many choices....I have to pick just one? That's not fair. I could easily see continually hammering Lydman, Connolly, Tallinder and Vanek all year long...but gun to my head, forced to pick one - got to be #61.

Until Ruff fixes the PP, or at least makes sure somebody who knows how to coach a PP handles this, I think he should've been on that list too.

I like Ruff, and I think he's got more upside than downside, but the PP has been an issue ever since he took over, barring the 1999 playoffs (Joe Juneau), the 00-01 season (The Lumbering Mass known as "Dave"), and the 05-06 season (The no-touch season).

A team like us absolutely need strong specialty teams, seeing as we're not top of the line on either raw talent or muscle down the stretch.

Anyway I degress - I voted Tallinder, cause I don't expect anything other than failure from Max, or injury from Connolly.

Tallinder is going to win this in a landslide.

How can anyone even consider Tallinder as a whipping boy over Lydman..He doesnt even act like he cares...Lydman is the biggest piece of CRAP on this team and he has been for 2 yrs..Its not even close..At least Tallinder gets injured enough to not screw it up the whole season. However Toni (pansiass) plays every freaking game..Its 6 am and my blood pressure just hit its max just writing this..I DONT NEED COFFEE. Just say the name Toni. I would rather watch old people have sex than watch another shift by Toni...

Ps..I voted for Toni..

How can anyone even consider Tallinder as a whipping boy over Lydman..He doesnt even act like he cares...Lydman is the biggest piece of CRAP on this team and he has been for 2 yrs..Its not even close..At least Tallinder gets injured enough to not screw it up the whole season. However Toni (pansiass) plays every freaking game..Its 6 am and my blood pressure just hit its max just writing this..I DONT NEED COFFEE. Just say the name Toni. I would rather watch old people have sex than watch another shift by Toni...

Ps..I voted for Toni..

Honestly, there should've been an option to vote for "The Turnover Twins" :thumbsup:

I voted Kotalik.... i am tired of him being a one trick guy with his booming shot in regulation. Yes he has a decent move which can help us on shootouts but with his size and strength he could be so much better. It was tough choosing between him and Max but at least max gives the impression he is trying when he is out there screwing up. Kotalik looks like it's a bother for him to be on the ice

I don't like the idea of a whipping boy before the season even starts. It might be

"fun" but really it's unnecessary pressure and a loser mentality. Give the guys a chance.

Every year I wanted to see Campbell play better defense and every year he let me down. Nothing wrong with a whipping boy prior to the start of the season. That way expectations are low and the WB has no where to go but up. :rolleyes:

Honestly, there should've been an option to vote for "The Turnover Twins" :thumbsup:

I have to agree with you..I think the only way they ever play together is if the Sabres are on a losing streak and he hopes that they go back to the way they once were oh so many years ago...It will be a last ditch effort to save a dieing season if that happens..I am a little shocked that they sent weber down over either of those two bums..But I guess Portland is lacking in depth on the defense so that had to play a part in the decision..Its amazing that this organization had all summer to bring in depth and they are still trying to find defensive players for thier farm team...

Every year I wanted to see Campbell play better defense and every year he let me down. Nothing wrong with a whipping boy prior to the start of the season. That way expectations are low and the WB has no where to go but up. :rolleyes:

Move on..I heard enough of your crap last year about Campbell..LOL..You got your wish now find another piece of crap to get out of here..Take your pick..Lydman or Miller.....I tell ya if Miller has another season like last year I will be relentless..Wolf will have me on Ignore :nana: I havent set a timetable for my Miller bashing to start but the rope is short..LOL

Ps..I voted for Toni..

I completely disagree on the substance, but nevertheless this was excellent.

I don't like the idea of a whipping boy before the season even starts. It might be

"fun" but really it's unnecessary pressure and a loser mentality. Give the guys a chance.

I'm with you.

But if I had to vote, it would be Tallinder.

Archived