SabresTV this morning

carpandean

I didnt notice any injuries..Adam Mair skated on his own before the practice and didnt dress for the scrimmage, Teppo didnt dress for the scrimmage either..On a side note Timmy looked pretty good out there as well..Had some nice stickhandling clinics and scored a nice goal....Tom Galisano was there, while he was twatching the scrimmage there was a steady stream of people asking for his autograph..I almost felt sorry for him..

Mair had knee surgery in the offseason. They'll mix him in slowly.

Somebody on Icethetics pointed out that the slug isn't at center ice. Is that normal for preseason or might we be in for a pleasant surprise at their first home game?

carp, where does your avatar come from? I think I saw someone in the crowd today with a T-shirt with that logo on it.

Been out all day and saw this note on sabres.com re: 3rd jersey...

Because of the demand on production, the jerseys will not deliver until late November. There are no guarantees on delivery dates.

New jersey, same old ! :D

PS Why do their pants still not match the jerseys? :oops:

carp, where does your avatar come from? I think I saw someone in the crowd today with a T-shirt with that logo on it.

I made it near the end of last season. Though I made it independently -- basically took the old (red) third logo, changed the colors, added the original buffalo and then stole the text idea from the Wild -- John Slabyk from the New Blue and Gold project came up with something similar (used to be in his "Previous Concepts" section, but his site is down now), but his band with the text was gold, not blue. A lot of people have made t-shirts from his designs, so I wouldn't be surprised if it was his ... or mine, for that matter.

I remember her from the mid eighties when she was on the radio, and filled in on weather. I think she went to Miami and she used be a fill-in weather caster for Good Morning America... I left Buffalo in the early nineties, so haven't paid much attention...

Edit: here are a pic or two from that era taken from here.

post-47-1221936340_thumbjpg

post-47-1221936154_thumbjpg

Wow, that Scrufari is one UGLY chick.

Big announcement: Darcy regier extended 2 more years.

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I didnt notice any injuries..Adam Mair skated on his own before the practice and didnt dress for the scrimmage, Teppo didnt dress for the scrimmage either..On a side note Timmy looked pretty good out there as well..Had some nice stickhandling clinics and scored a nice goal....Tom Galisano was there, while he was twatching the scrimmage there was a steady stream of people asking for his autograph..I almost felt sorry for him..

Also Goose hurt his shoulder and Vanek pinched a nerve in his knee. Both are sitting out Mondays game.

Because of the demand on production, the jerseys will not deliver until late November. There are no guarantees on delivery dates.

They still don't match? Haven't heard that anywhere else.

Has anyone mentioned Golisano's admission that Darce and Lare and Poofy had to twist his arm repeatedly over the summer to get him to buy into a long term deal for Miller? A pretty good glimpse into Golisano's philosophy of ownership and maybe it lets Darce off the hook for some of the criticism he's received.

Has anyone mentioned Golisano's admission that Darce and Lare and Poofy had to twist his arm repeatedly over the summer to get him to buy into a long term deal for Miller? A pretty good glimpse into Golisano's philosophy of ownership and maybe it lets Darce off the hook for some of the criticism he's received.

Further evidence in support of the theory that it was TG who sat on the Drury deal instead of getting it closed.

Separately, I am very happy with the Darcy extension. This is a very important move and frankly I'm surprised there hasn't been more chatter on it. I was pretty concerned that the Leafs were going to take a shot at him next summer.

Generally, I was pleased with the state of the franchise after listening to the presser. I'd encourage everyone to listen to it on sabres.com. The team seems like a well-run organization that is making a bit of money, with strong ownership and upper management, and it isn't going anywhere.

It should be interesting to see if any of the other teams with new 3rd jerseys have the same problem.

He was always big on that "everyone should work on 1 year deals" idea. At least he's stepping to the side and letting the people who actually know what they're doing (Darcy anyway) handle things.

As most of you know, I am no big fan of Tom Golisano, but in his defense, the full quote was that he believed in an adversial management style where he played the "devil's advocate." Therefore he is putting the onus on his upper management to "sell' him on their position.

As big of a Reiger fan as I am, my one negative feeling of him is that he sometimes doesn't seem strong enough in this regard. As I have stated in the past, Darcy is the only person in America that couldn't convince John Rigas to spend his shareholders money.

As most of you know, I am no big fan of Tom Golisano, but in his defense, the full quote was that he believed in an adversial management style where he played the "devil's advocate." Therefore he is putting the onus on his upper management to "sell' him on their position.

As big of a Reiger fan as I am, my one negative feeling of him is that he sometimes doesn't seem strong enough in this regard. As I have stated in the past, Darcy is the only person in America that couldn't convince John Rigas to spend his shareholders money.

Dom might disagree.

Archived