SabresTV this morning

carpandean

I still don't quite understand the silver piping and I saw a few versions on his computer that were a little better, but definitely a great looking jersey.

So, Pratt is gone and Weber takes #4. Also, did the announcer call Craig Rivet "Clarke MacArthur", who had come out just before Rivet?

Um, press conference? It's still streaming thats a good sign. Kinda reminds me of public access production. More polished of course but a little herky jerky.

edit: now it's just black. Oh the menu updated. Presser at 12.30.

I still don't quite understand the silver piping and I saw a few versions on his computer that were a little better, but definitely a great looking jersey.

So, Pratt is gone and Weber takes #4. Also, did the announcer call Craig Rivet "Clarke MacArthur", who had come out just before Rivet?

Jeanneret definitely called Rivet correctly and asked for a "warm Buffalo welcome."

Max remains very popular, apparently (I still like him)--got one of the loudest ovations.

For those unable to watch...the new third jersey is very, very similar to the third jersey from two seasons ago. It's the original logo; the main difference is that the top and bottom stripes are white rather than gold. There's also this odd silver piping thing going on, as carpandean mentioned.

Um, press conference? It's still streaming thats a good sign. Kinda reminds me of public access production. More polished of course but a little herky jerky.

My parents had the old style large reflector satellite TV back in the early 90s. We'd get a lot of commercial free feeds that looked like what we saw today...

Main webiste is updated with prices. Ouch. That'll hit the pocketbook.

Blank Adult Replica $124

Lettered Adult Replica $179

Blank Youth Replica $104

Lettered Youth Replica $159

Blank Authentic $295

Lettered Authentic $350

Prices include sales tax

Sweater looks good, no real complaints. A little too busy for my liking with the piping, the laces, the numbers on the front and all the stripes. I love that logo so much, I hate to see other stuff detract from it.

Still... it should be the primary look.

I had to laugh when Maria Genero referred to the slug as "the one that wasn't so wildly popular." Kevin had to clean up the comment by saying how the slug was the top selling jersey in the league.

Jeanneret definitely called Rivet correctly and asked for a "warm Buffalo welcome."

Max remains very popular, apparently (I still like him)--got one of the loudest ovations.

For those unable to watch...the new third jersey is very, very similar to the third jersey from two seasons ago. It's the original logo; the main difference is that the top and bottom stripes are white rather than gold. There's also this odd silver piping thing going on, as carpandean mentioned.

I couldn't tell if that was RJ or not, and I did catch the warm welcome part, but I thought he said MacArthur. Oh well, chalk it up to poor laptop audio.

The outer stripes are actually half gold and half silver - with the silver being the half closest to the center strip - not white. The logo also has a thin silver border around everything to make it "pop".

I couldn't tell if that was RJ or not, and I did catch the warm welcome part, but I thought he said MacArthur. Oh well, chalk it up to poor laptop audio.

The outer stripes are actually half gold and half silver - with the silver being the half closest to the center strip - not white. The logo also has a thin silver border around everything to make it "pop".

Heh, looked white. Chalk it up to poor laptop video!

someone just asked "why did you basically dissapear last year". I'm paraphrasing, but i'm so glad that someone had the balls to ask that question.

BTW, the answer was that he was involved.

question asked about saving the old aud scoreboard... quinn talks of saving the scoreboard as well as other stuff from the aud.

also, quinn refused to answer bucky's question about the ownership stake he was given (bought, or whatever)

Question about long term stability... golisano basically stated that there was no chance of a relocation issue... Glad to hear. very glad...

I just got back from the Scrimmage and New Jersey unveiling..A few things I noticed..Mancari looks like he wants to stay up with the Men this year.He really played well in the corners and picked the top corner from outside the circle..Tim Kennedy is going to be a nice player in a year, he takes all the right angles to the puck and seems to see all around him...And for the few of you who want him gone the Max update...He looked very good..He scored the first goal on a play where he went around the defenseman and cut in on the goal and scored..He didnt put anyone offsides and most importantly he played within the limits of his linemates something he did not do at all last year..Rivet flattened Kennedy on a an innocent looking check..Not sure if thast says how good of a hitter he is or that Kennedy needs to add some weight..Weber looked solid and seemed a little smoother thatn last year..Thats all I got...

I just got back from the Scrimmage and New Jersey unveiling..A few things I noticed..Mancari looks like he wants to stay up with the Men this year.He really played well in the corners and picked the top corner from outside the circle..Tim Kennedy is going to be a nice player in a year, he takes all the right angles to the puck and seems to see all around him...And for the few of you who want him gone the Max update...He looked very good..He scored the first goal on a play where he went around the defenseman and cut in on the goal and scored..He didnt put anyone offsides and most importantly he played within the limits of his linemates something he did not do at all last year..Rivet flattened Kennedy on a an innocent looking check..Not sure if thast says how good of a hitter he is or that Kennedy needs to add some weight..Weber looked solid and seemed a little smoother thatn last year..Thats all I got...

any injuries or random missing players to note? I heard that funk was injured at practice yesterday...

I know that the roster is still open for guys like Mancari and isn't settled until the first game in October, but did anyone else notice that there were one too many guys on the unveiling team? I didn't actually count, but you had Sekera, Weber, Kaleta and MacArthur. Even with a full 23, one of those guys (probably Weber) will be in Portland. I would also guess Kaleta is a starter on the fourth line, while MaxArthur will get sent down (if he clears waivers.)

I did notice Mancari, too, during the scrimmage (on computer, unfortunately.) While most of us agree that the chance are slim, I think most of us would also love for him to take it to the next level. The guy is 6' 3", 225 lbs with a rocket of a shot (though, by his own admission, not great aim) and defensive abilities (a converted defenseman.) On paper, he is the recipe for the perfect power forward. Something hasn't quite clicked at the top level yet, but maybe this is the year.

Eating the mic comment -- I doubt it was calculated, but it's great someone has set the bar relatively high for this season. There's no "this team is young" business this year. A shot across the bow of Lindy Ruff, if you ask me. Hey, everybody's got a boss.

There's no "this team is young" business this year.

It's funny, because that does still slip out from time to time (admittedly, the "core" guys are relatively young, even if the team as a whole is not), but there does seem to be a committed effort towards saying that we are not a young team. Maybe they're taking that excuse away from the players, too.

any injuries or random missing players to note? I heard that funk was injured at practice yesterday...

I didnt notice any injuries..Adam Mair skated on his own before the practice and didnt dress for the scrimmage, Teppo didnt dress for the scrimmage either..On a side note Timmy looked pretty good out there as well..Had some nice stickhandling clinics and scored a nice goal....Tom Galisano was there, while he was twatching the scrimmage there was a steady stream of people asking for his autograph..I almost felt sorry for him..

Archived