New third jersey logo pics

carpandean

Where'd the other third jersey thread go? I could see merging, but that one just straight up disappeared!

For what it's worth, here's the pic from that thread that inspired DRutka's pic:

post-1053-1220915403_thumbpng

and my version:

post-1053-1220916933_thumbjpg

I don't really mind the slug, and I'm 39 and grew up with the original sweaters. But if this alternate sweater is legit, I do agree that we should come up with a white versions and make 'em the main duds!!!

I just want the blue in the crest to match the blue on the sweaters.

I couldn't care less about the silver piping, the apparently "Safety First" day-glo gold stripes or the lack of shoulder patches. I just want that slug gone and want the logo to match the color of the jersey.

If they do not put the shoulder patches on there, it would be another failure. I am assuming that they could not be THAT stupid....Having said that, if they include them, that jersey is money!

I don't know if I agree that the shoulder patches are so important that it would swing from "money" to "failure" depending on if they include them or not, but I would definitely prefer that they do put them on. It would help a lot and be another classic touch.

See:

post-1053-1221057987_thumbjpg

I don't know if I agree that the shoulder patches are so important that it would swing from "money" to "failure" depending on if they include them or not, but I would definitely prefer that they do put them on. It would help a lot and be another classic touch.

See:

post-1053-1221057987_thumbjpg

I know it seems drastic but I am a stickler for my favorite logo in history of sports.....

If they do not put the shoulder patches on there, it would be another failure. I am assuming that they could not be THAT stupid....Having said that, if they include them, that jersey is money!

You do realize that the original jersey in 1970 had no shoulder patches right? Apparently that was part of the vintage plan with the new 3rd jersey.

Personally, I'd like to have the B-Sword logo on the shoulders, but I can live with nothing. As my 13yo son pointed out, at least the replicas won't have the cheesy plastic patches on the shoulders like the current RBK replica jersey's have!

You do realize that the original jersey in 1970 had no shoulder patches right? Apparently that was part of the vintage plan with the new 3rd jersey.

Added for the 1978-79 season and used through the 1995-96 season, after which they changed to the black/red/white goat head motif. A welcome change if you ask me (the addition of the shoulder patches, not the change to the goat head.)

Here's an interesting note, In NHL 09, all of the teams alternate jerseys have a place holder on the jersey selection pace. For Buffalo, there are 2 place holders.

And you need a password to unlock them. Someone may be able to hack that ahead of time so we can see all of the alternates. I did notice that Buffalo had two slots though. I didn't look at any other teams, so I don't know if anyone else has 2 slots.

Are there multiple spots for anyone else? The Blackhawks should have two (third and WCII) and Montreal should have many (100th anniversary), but everybody else should have one or less if they only do current thirds. Of course, it could just be the Winter Classic jersey since that wasn't in NHL 08 (they had a vintage white, but it wasn't specifically the WC version.)

Are there multiple spots for anyone else? The Blackhawks should have two (third and WCII) and Montreal should have many (100th anniversary), but everybody else should have one or less if they only do current thirds. Of course, it could just be the Winter Classic jersey since that wasn't in NHL 08 (they had a vintage white, but it wasn't specifically the WC version.)

No, only Buffalo has 2 spots. And if that is the case about the white Winter Classic jersey, why wouldn't they just put it in the game, that is from LAST season?

Anyone give last years code a try?

h3oyxpwksf8ibcgt

wouldn't put it past EA to save money by not changing one line of code.

EDIT: Found this in the gamespot forums.

The last third is being released by the Coyotes/Flyers on the day after Thanksgiving. What the NHL is doing this year is completely gimmicky and stupid, staggering the releases of the new thirds (which are confirmed in the game). Because of this, we probably won't get the unlock code until then.

Have you guys seen this site?

http://www.sportslogos.net/team.php?id=4

has all the different logos, etc used for most teams.

Yup. That site is very cool. Visit it fairly often. Prior to making one, I didn't know there were so many parameters in designing a logo for anything. I helped make on for the locally owned coffeeshop and did a quick study on it. I'll leave it up to the graphic designers but apparently they don't listen to the consumer which lead to the slug.

Great links and info i have ben following for a few days now. I think that this version is pretty sweet. I'm just ready for the puck to drop. God man I am sick of watching western confrence replays...usually while the pirates and are on and losing no less. Pa your picture bears a striking resemblence.

Archived