New third jersey logo pics

carpandean

Hopefully the subtle modification of the classic logo is reflected in the 3rds. Also, hopefully, Buffalo has requested to make the subtly modified 3rds the primaries for next year. (Hey, I can dream can't I?)

Well, if RBK got my forged letter on official Sabres letterhead ... :unsure: ... I fear I've said too much.

I like it. Doesn't try to change for change's sake. Improve on what's already beloved.

I liked many of the amateur logos created and posted here far more than the yellow viking slug, but even that grew on me.

And as much as I like the old logo, you have to admit...if it hadn't existed until now, and we saw it for the first time, we'd be saying that it looks like a pair of scissors clipping an animal cracker length-wise.

Looks like a t-shirt to me. I don't think anyone doubts the Sab's will go to the old logo for the third but to have the name that big on a jersey? Not.

The original blog says it is a shirt, not a jersey. However, it is the new "updated" (navy, silver accents) classic logo.

Never had "those" thirds before. These are in the new navy, not royal, and have silver added into the original logo (and possibly the rest of the jersey.)

Gotcha. I just figured the logo looked slightly different because it appeared it was on a hoody. I figured it was just the design and not the actual logo.

Maybe DRutka wasn't too far off. Anyone else notice the navy jersey, with gold collar and white draw string here:

http://sabres.nhl.com/

post-1053-1220453543_thumbjpg

It appears to be the same design as the winter classic jersey (notice location of NHL logo):

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2070/215515...b0f7aeb.jpg?v=0

but with all blue main fabric, a gold collar and silver (gray) "wedge" (part between collar with the NHL logo on it.) If they make it to match the WC, I'm really going to start wondering about a complete switch.

Edit: in checking around, that is consistent with other laced NHL jerseys (for example, the Bruins.)

If those things have laces, they will be sold out in minutes. I think everyone is going to buy them. I know i'm already planning on buying a jersey, not too sure who though. Maybe Daniel Paille, Drew Stafford or Andrej Sekera, but if they have laces, i may even pick up two of those bad boys.

Archived