New third jersey logo pics

carpandean

From what I remember LQ saying last year, the Winter Classic would be the last time we would see the whites while he still has breath in his lungs. Unless he did an about-face.

There are times I just do not understand this guy. The Sabres vintage white jersey is the best jersey I've ever seen in ANY sport. I know that my opinion can be influenced by the fact I'm a Sabres fan, but I'm sure a lot of people would agree it's among the best uniforms. I just feel the Sabres jersey is number 1.

Guys, go ahead and make a list of what you think are the top 5 jerseys in sports. Those jerseys can be ones no longer in use. I'll put my 2 cents in later.

post-1053-1221316873_thumbjpg

Oh yeah!!! :thumbsup:

Scary thing is that I really do like it.

Those actually were decent unis. Especially compared to what they replaced. Link

The thing is, their home ones were still bad until they went to white. Link

While technically it can be done, it's really tough to make yellow unis look good.

Nowadays you can get a very good digital camera that is no bigger than a cell phone (and for around $150) so why is it no one who works at the arena is able to sneak in a digital camera and take a decent frigging picture? What took that pic, an old 110 camera?

Nowadays you can get a very good digital camera that is no bigger than a cell phone (and for around $150) so why is it no one who works at the arena is able to sneak in a digital camera and take a decent frigging picture? What took that pic, an old 110 camera?

I bet the picture was taken under a friggin fluorescent light.

I usually have to set the white balance manually for those (especially on my phone) or the pic just looks like crap. Lol, maybe an old 110, or a 35mm disposable would give better results!

Regardless, I'm really liking that jersey.

That's what I'm saying...taking the pic with a cell phone camera is a recipe for disaster. Low megapixels, poor flash, grainy pics...

The flash on my three-year-old Fuji digital camera compensates for fluorescent light pretty well, and it's not much bigger than my cell phone. Someone who works at the arena needs to read this, sneak their digital camera in, and get us a couple good shots. Sabres fans are counting on you!

Someone who works at the arena needs to read this, sneak their digital camera in, and get us a couple good shots. Sabres fans are counting on you!

Well, now we might as well wait until Saturday when they are officially revealed ... oh my god, they're revealed THIS Saturday ... and there's a game next Monday!!! :w00t:

Well, now we might as well wait until Saturday when they are officially revealed ... oh my god, they're revealed THIS Saturday ... and there's a game next Monday!!! :w00t:

Wow. That really snuck up on me. Time really flies when you don't have any days off... <_<

And then Reebok completely changed their designs a year later, screwing over the Sabres and Ducks.

IIRC it wasn't Reebok wanting to change the designs, it was the players' input on tucking the jerseys in and other miscellaneous complaints. I think Rbk was more than happy to push forward with their Sabres/Ducks designs.

That being said, the league should have realized that the change affected the Sabres and Ducks and given those two teams the option to re-do their logos and make the "old Rbk" logos/jerseys alternates.

IIRC it wasn't Reebok wanting to change the designs, it was the players' input on tucking the jerseys in and other miscellaneous complaints. I think Rbk was more than happy to push forward with their Sabres/Ducks designs.

That being said, the league should have realized that the change affected the Sabres and Ducks and given those two teams the option to re-do their logos and make the "old Rbk" logos/jerseys alternates.

And they never would have. Too much money would've been sunk into the jerseys. They're better off keeping them for a few years so they can sell off any excess.

And they never would have. Too much money would've been sunk into the jerseys. They're better off keeping them for a few years so they can sell off any excess.

I'm sorry, but exactly what excess was there with the Sabres' jerseys? Didn't we have a waiting list and people complaining that there was no product at the unveiling, at local stores, on shop.nhl.com? We had threads on here in January of the first slug campaign where people were finally getting their orders from the beginning of the season.

There's no reason why they couldn't have, at the very least, given them the option to re-design the jerseys or logos (at Rbk's expense) and waived the usual waiting period to roll out new jerseys.

I'm sorry, but exactly what excess was there with the Sabres' jerseys? Didn't we have a waiting list and people complaining that there was no product at the unveiling, at local stores, on shop.nhl.com? We had threads on here in January of the first slug campaign where people were finally getting their orders from the beginning of the season.

There's no reason why they couldn't have, at the very least, given them the option to re-design the jerseys or logos (at Rbk's expense) and waived the usual waiting period to roll out new jerseys.

I think you're off on the timeline a bit here. The change to the reebok jerseys happened after we were already wearing the current logo. So at that point, they've ordered a ton of jerseys because of that waiting list and the success of the team. And on that note, I believe that the lack of supply was completely artificial, but that's a story for another day.

Since they're still at the start of the reebok re-design, there's no way they're going to force them to swallow the loss of creating new Sabres/Ducks jerseys. They're the big time sponsor, one of the leagues big hopes financially, there is no way the NHL would want to piss them off at that point. Buffalo and Anahiem were stuck. But hey, since that's the case, make the money that you can and then make even more if you do eventually decide to make that change.

I think you're off on the timeline a bit here. The change to the reebok jerseys happened after we were already wearing the current logo. So at that point, they've ordered a ton of jerseys because of that waiting list and the success of the team. And on that note, I believe that the lack of supply was completely artificial, but that's a story for another day.

Since they're still at the start of the reebok re-design, there's no way they're going to force them to swallow the loss of creating new Sabres/Ducks jerseys. They're the big time sponsor, one of the leagues big hopes financially, there is no way the NHL would want to piss them off at that point. Buffalo and Anahiem were stuck. But hey, since that's the case, make the money that you can and then make even more if you do eventually decide to make that change.

So they ordered a ton of jerseys because of the waiting list but then artificially limited how many they released to the public? That makes zero sense.

The only fact we have to go on is that fans faced lengthy delays in getting the jerseys. So either

a) the geniuses at Rbk and the NHL artificially limited the supply of replica jerseys to fans of a team that was playing very well and coming off a deep playoff run and couldn't buy the new jerseys fast enough (which might be the dumbest I've ever heard, especially with the holiday shopping season right around the corner) or b) Rbk didn't have enough product to fill the orders, which meant there was no excess stock.

I guess we're going to have to agree to disagree. Rbk and the league forced Buffalo and Anaheim to act as guinea pigs and roll out the prototypes, and then changed the rules. If the NHL wasn't smart enough to make sure that Rbk understood that if the Buffalo and Anaheim's jerseys flopped or changes were needed that Rbk should be on the hook for the costs, then the NHL should swallow the minimal redesign costs from their record-breaking revenues.

It doesn't matter if they wanted to hold the costs againts reebok, the simple fact is that no one is going to change jerseys again after one year. Its a money nightmare, nevermind the fact that these kind of changes take place over more than just a one year time period.

As for your first line, the jerseys were available late in the season, which would be around the same time that reebok drastically alters their plans with the edge jerseys. At that point, they have their surplus and they're going to use them.

Archived