Best Sabres YouTube video ever

PASabreFan

i liked the video a lot - the fella who put it together did a terrific job of letting the viewer experience the franchise through the prism of his favorite players and memories (consider that there's no mogilny, but a fair amount of connolly -- i can respect that). the fact that it wasn't comprehensive in terms of players or notable events isn't a problem for me. i also get why the song was chosen -- wouldn't have been my choice, but i get it: persevering through winds of change and all that.

But, I get it -- it wasn't on Jock Jams, so it doesn't work ... .

i second that emotion -- one of the most wearying experiences for me is the aspect of the in-game experience wherein the production staff tries to match a song to the moment -- whether that means trotting out a jock jam classic to amp up the crowd, playing tp&thb's "you got lucky" after an opponent's goal, genesis's "misunderstanding" after a penalty, etc.

(i haven't been to the stadium for a football game in a long time -- are there corollaries out there?)

that said, what i do like is the choice to play certain good tunes during breaks in the action on a semi-regular basis -- at the arena, i always break out the air drum kit for "tom sawyer." post-760-1217255068_thumbgif

Guest Sloth

It's sad when a video causes you to get teary eyed. "Do you Believe" is now one of my favortie videos.

Also, I REALLY miss LaFontaine. Man, that guy could play!

It's sad when a video causes you to get teary eyed. "Do you Believe" is now one of my favortie videos.

Also, I REALLY miss LaFontaine. Man, that guy could play!

Him and Mogilney were something else. That was a real exciting time to be a Sabre fan. Too bad it ended so quickly. Too bad it didn't overlap more with Hasek in his prime......

that said, what i do like is the choice to play certain good tunes during breaks in the action on a semi-regular basis -- at the arena, i always break out the air drum kit for "tom sawyer." post-760-1217255068_thumbgif

Outstanding. And that smiley is making me consider my personal refusal to use them.

i liked the video a lot - the fella who put it together did a terrific job of letting the viewer experience the franchise through the prism of his favorite players and memories (consider that there's no mogilny, but a fair amount of connolly -- i can respect that). the fact that it wasn't comprehensive in terms of players or notable events isn't a problem for me. i also get why the song was chosen -- wouldn't have been my choice, but i get it: persevering through winds of change and all that.

I imagine the availability of video would be a huge stumbling block when putting together such things. Maybe there was no way to get a Mogilny video, who knows?

I imagine the availability of video would be a huge stumbling block when putting together such things. Maybe there was no way to get a Mogilny video, who knows?

or maybe dude who made the video used to frequent the lafayette tap room back in the 90s, and mogilny consistently refused to give him a pall mall when asked.

Archived