2 Things I know after listening to Darcy

tom webster

One would think that the mods over at LGS would put a permanent block on his ISP addy. Who knows? They might have but he keeps finding ways to circumvent the process. As Apus told me in a different thread, he's a troll. After encountering him today, I can think of some members of SabreSpace whom I have a newfound respect for in spite of various disagreements (you know who you are). I just can't wait to see him trip the DeLuca-Inkman wire on a Claymore mine and see the end result.

I'll check out LGS when I have a bit more time. Thanx for the invite.

No problem.

Bingo.

Hah, I was wondering when someone was gonna say something like that. Honestly, I have looked at all the forums off of the Sabres Report, and LGS and this one are the only ones I'm on. The other two just don't seem the same. I'm still new here, so maybe that's it, but this place just doesn't seem as personable or something as where I'm one of the "usuals" on the other site. Whatever, i'll hang around, it's Sabres talk.

Hah, I was wondering when someone was gonna say something like that. Honestly, I have looked at all the forums off of the Sabres Report, and LGS and this one are the only ones I'm on. The other two just don't seem the same. I'm still new here, so maybe that's it, but this place just doesn't seem as personable or something as where I'm one of the "usuals" on the other site. Whatever, i'll hang around, it's Sabres talk.

There are definite differences in atmosphere and personality between this site and LGS. I do lurk there (and have posted occasionally) but my personal experience has been that this place is (for the most part) less adversarial and a little more, for lack of a better term, intelligent hockey talk. Not to denigrate other message boards or their posters, but I find our usual level of discourse to be a little higher than those of our "competition." I guess it's all about familiarity and comfort, and whether you're one of the "regulars" on either site.

However I hold no illusions about the level of discourse when PA gets the crowd, and yours truly in particular, whipped up into a frenzy. ;)

Hey Whale, how come you haven't used this name over at LGS yet, or have you?

I'm not sure if you guys here at SabreSpace know this fella or not, but if you don't, you'll sure get to know him quickly, unfortunately.

Oh it's one of the xbox 16 years old from lgs.

How's nhl 08 did mommy put it in your xmas stocking.

Are you proud to be a 'usual' on the lgs forum that kowtows to sexual aberants ?

There are definite differences in atmosphere and personality between this site and LGS. I do lurk there (and have posted occasionally) but my personal experience has been that this place is (for the most part) less adversarial and a little more, for lack of a better term, intelligent hockey talk. Not to denigrate other message boards or their posters, but I find our usual level of discourse to be a little higher than those of our "competition." I guess it's all about familiarity and comfort, and whether you're one of the "regulars" on either site.

However I hold no illusions about the level of discourse when PA gets the crowd, and yours truly in particular, whipped up into a frenzy. ;)

You could not achieve less intelligent hockey talk than lgs.

As soon as they get wind that any member has more knowledge than the moderators or administrators they hit the boot button.

They are down to maybe a dozen or so teeny bopper xbox hockey 'experts' that they actually use a columnists for the site.

LGS is good for when the place goes down! :thumbsup:

Good for a laugh.

You want to see the oblivious end of the hockey fan base then visit lgs.

Would you like me to provide some sample posts for a laugh or two ?

I was doing that on the leafs forum and members were getting a kick out of the stupidity but then the administrator closed the thread.

No, that's not what I believe. I believe he has a firm understanding that other GMs and their signings establish the market for players. That's what the Brain said DR had no idea of. And that understanding does not conflict with his statement regarding how fast the market took off. Nobody knew what kind of ridiculous money some teams were gonna throw at players. Those GMs hadn't established the market yet. Once they did, Darcy and the rest of the GMs knew what the market was. Hence, he knew that other GMs and their signings established the market. Hope that clarifies things.

As to your point about him trying to convince TG and LQ of certain things BEFORE the market was established. I don't think that's too farfetched when you think about it. Or did LQ come up with realizing and then admitting they made a mistake with Drury all by himself?

GO SABRES!!!

It clarifies that Regeir need to follow.

He needs other Gms to tell him the market.

If they knew the market they wouldn't have sat on their ahnds regarding Drury .

They would have signed himn early knowing the price was about to escalate.

These are some of the things you have no idea of.

Way back in 1983 I said that the NHL's crease rule would lead to trouble in the future. Did anyone listen? Sure, I never actually said it out loud, but , I said it.

lol

Stop crying and insinuating , I made posts about it on forums.

I don't fabricate.

No need for envy or spite.

Way back in 1983 I said that the NHL's crease rule would lead to trouble in the future. Did anyone listen? Sure, I never actually said it out loud, but , I said it.

:lol: ... well played.

Sounds like we have a proverbial fool on our hands: speaking all of his mind, and no one can render any reason to him.

great -- no perfect-- definition of a fool.

source? (is it in fact taken from a "proverb"?)

:lol: ... well played.

great -- no perfect-- definition of a fool.

source? (is it in fact taken from a "proverb"?)

It takes a fool to know the perfect definition of a fool because they live it.

If you say that's the perfect definition I'll take your word for it.

It takes a fool to know the perfect definition of a fool because they live it.

If you say that's the perfect definition I'll take your word for it.

100% correct! again.

:worthy: :wub:

gosh, does it ever get boring for you? wait, don't answer that - i don't think i can handle the Your Truth.

but help a fool out and drop a footnote on the source, pally - it's distracting me to pieces.

It clarifies that Regeir need to follow.

He needs other Gms to tell him the market.

If they knew the market they wouldn't have sat on their ahnds regarding Drury .

They would have signed himn early knowing the price was about to escalate.

These are some of the things you have no idea of.

You do realise that it takes 2 to make a deal? If Drury really wanted to be a Ranger there isn't much the Sabres could do besides club him over the head and frge his signature on a new contract. Druryr had to want to come back to Buffalo, and it seems obvious now that it wasn't about the contract and the money with him (since the Sabres said they would match any offer given too him), he wanted to play for his favorite team as a kid and "go back home"

There was only 2 ways he was staying a Sabre

1. The Rangers had no interest in him and never make him an offer

2. Darcy drugs/hypnotises/knocks him out and forges his signature on a new deal

I hate that I was drawn back into this conversation. I just want to move on. I believe the truth lies somewhere amongst all of our beliefs and now is the time to look forward.

I think that while this team still has some holes to fill, on the whole there is enough talent here to start the path back up to the top with the hope and belief that management will add the pieces necessary once they assess where the young talent has developed to and where the ceiling may lie.

Amen!

GO SABRES!!!

You could not achieve less intelligent hockey talk than lgs.

As soon as they get wind that any member has more knowledge than the moderators or administrators they hit the boot button.

They are down to maybe a dozen or so teeny bopper xbox hockey 'experts' that they actually use a columnists for the site.

which begs the question why you keep coming back to the place, where you are obviously not wanted. You are, as we all know, THE hockey expert of the online kingdom, let you chose to dwell in the depths of that place, coming back a couple dozen times, like a child after a butterfly. Pathetic, you are.

which begs the question why you keep coming back to the place, where you are obviously not wanted. You are, as we all know, THE hockey expert of the online kingdom, let you chose to dwell in the depths of that place, coming back a couple dozen times, like a child after a butterfly. Pathetic, you are.

Take it or leave it, but here's my advice: Don't give The Brain an audience. He's desperate for attention.

Think of this rendition of Murphy's Law: Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

FWIW, I took a look at his obviously scant profile. SDS and Knightrider have also checked it out as well. If someone has already established such an ignominous reputation and a couple of mods have looked him up, I wouldn't take that as a good sign whatsoever.

Take it or leave it, but here's my advice: Don't give The Brain an audience. He's desperate for attention.

Think of this rendition of Murphy's Law: Never argue with a fool. People might not know the difference.

FWIW, I took a look at his obviously scant profile. SDS and Knightrider have also checked it out as well. If someone has already established such an ignominous reputation and a couple of mods have looked him up, I wouldn't take that as a good sign whatsoever.

will do.

It comes with time. I felt a little ostracized upon joining this forum as I just could not infiltrate the Deluca-Toddkaz fueds. :lol: Alas, learning things about the posters, sharing some experiences in Gameday Threads and a little back and forth will lead to a more of a 'Norm at Cheers' feeling.

I have to agree with "The Brain" here.

Moment of weakness, perhaps? :P jk

Seriously, I've had my moments on here that I can't take back because I realized that I looked foolish at the end. The problem with "The Brain" is that he didn't appear to learn when we called him out for his incessantly puerile comments.

BTW, that "Norm at Cheers" observation was very much apropos. I couldn't have said it better myself.

Can I be Sammy?

Um, I guess... :unsure:

I can't remember every little nuance of that show. For anyone who's obviously seen the show in the past, Norm was hard to miss. I just can't recall who Sammy was.

Archived