Does this mean we are done with signing blueliners?

carpandean

I hope not. Another veteran blueliner should be a priority. I would also like to see another center with NHL experience for when Connolly goes back on the shelf.

Agreed on both.

About the article, as BTP pointed out in another thread, this is actually an NHL.com article, so take it with a grain of salt.

B-rod, I mean DeLuca, is right. I didn't want Smith to be their only move on D but I'd have taken him and Rivet. We all have the same concern with Connolly. I DO NOT want to see Hecht playing center again...ever!

To answer your question, yes. I'm afraid they are done.

B-rod, I mean DeLuca, is right. I didn't want Smith to be their only move on D but I'd have taken him and Rivet. We all have the same concern with Connolly. I DO NOT want to see Hecht playing center again...ever!

I've been away on travel, so I haven't been able to keep up with all the FA's. So we have Lalime & Rivet now, anyone else or is that it?

I've been away on travel, so I haven't been able to keep up with all the FA's. So we have Lalime & Rivet now, anyone else or is that it?

That's it (also, we don't have Bernier any more). When asked how we look down the center, DR replied "it will, of course, depend on Connolly's health, but as of right now, that's looking good, so we're fine up the middle."

It's my one big point of contention with DR this summer ... well, that and the fact he sees Max in the lineup at the start of the season. I know the market for him is thin, but is it really less than "a bag of pucks" (a late round draft pick) thin?

I wouldn't be surprised to see a late Teppo signing, or maybe a trade in the future, when training camp is almost ready to start, but otherwise I believe they are done and happy with the roster as is. They replace Campbell with Rivet as their top defencemen, and Weber will replace Kalinan.

Everything else just falls into place from last year with any open spots being filled by guys from AHL last year

Thats the way they are going to keep building this team, fom within, when a player leaves, he will be opening up a spot for a guy in the minors coming up.

Is that because you prefer him at wing? He had the best year of his career last year playing center.

I actually thought Hecht played pretty good as a center.

I see Marty Reasoner is still unsigned. He's coming off of a 52.8% face off season. Would be a pretty nice third line center that shouldn't cost too much.

DeLuca, you are starting to scare me talking such sense.

BTW, with MacArthur and Paille the cap hit is now at $48.6 million with 14 forwards, 6 defensemen and 2 goalie.

Is that because you prefer him at wing? He had the best year of his career last year playing center.

Yes. I prefer him at wing. Horrible at faceoffs as noted. He is also not a good enough playmaker to be a second line center. Pominville had a nice year despite, not because, of Hecht. He's really good along the boards with the puck, but I cringe as he carries it up the ice.

I see Marty Reasoner is still unsigned. He's coming off of a 52.8% face off season. Would be a pretty nice third line center that shouldn't cost too much.

Reasoner would be a nice pickup(a solid 2 way vet forward for the 3rd or 4th line that I have been asking for two years running now), but the bottom line is DR doesn't like to sign other teams FA. Not expensive ones, not cheap ones. He only signed Pratt out of necessity, because his elite injury prone defense didn't turn out the way they thought it would.

Reasoner would be a nice pickup(a solid 2 way vet forward for the 3rd or 4th line that I have been asking for two years running now), but the bottom line is DR doesn't like to sign other teams FA. Not expensive ones, not cheap ones. He only signed Pratt out of necessity, because his elite injury prone defense didn't turn out the way they thought it would.

I really hope that rolled off your tongue as easily as it did mine.

So is "no panic" Yanic and he's one of the best faceoff guys in the NHL. Plus, it would be fun to have a #94 Perreault jersey five or ten years from now to see how many people tell you that he wore #11.

So is "no panic" Yanic and he's one of the best faceoff guys in the NHL. Plus, it would be fun to have a #94 Perreault jersey five or ten years from now to see how many people tell you that he wore #11.

64.3% in 53 games played. He seems to be a perfect fit for the Sabres needs.

I am so concerned about the center position this season so much so that I would make an offer to Curtis Brown. He won 59.2% of his 179 faceoffs taken. I like Roy as the #1 center and Gaustad as the #4. I have no faith in Connolly's ability to stay healthy as well as zero faith in MacArthur's ability to fill in long term when, not if, Connolly goes down and Hecht moves to center. I prefer Hecht and Mair to play of the wings.

Archived