season tix renewal rate

X. Benedict

http://sabres.nhl.com/team/app/?service=pa...rticleid=368413

"The Buffalo Sabres today announced there has been a 97 percent renewal rate on season tickets from last year"

It sounds like demand remains pretty high.

Too bad the waiting list of several thousand people disappeared when they asked for a $50 deposit(or some amount like that) to be on the list.

Really?

Apparantly so....

Additionally, the team also announced they will make available up to 500 season tickets for the upcoming 2008-2009 campaign to members of their Blue and Gold Club.

The Blue and Gold Club was created in 2007 as a priority "waiting list" for perspective buyers to accommodate the continuing interest fans have in obtaining Buffalo Sabres season tickets. Currently there are over 1,000 members on the waiting list, accounting for more than 2,500 seats.

If you can't pony up a $50 deposit to secure a spot on the list, you probably shouldn't be buying seasons.

lol yeah i agree. Esspicially since that $50 will be deducted from the season tickets. Paying a deposit just confirms how committed you are to buying season tickets.

Glad to hear 97% renewed though.

Too bad the waiting list of several thousand people disappeared when they asked for a $50 deposit(or some amount like that) to be on the list.

Wasn't it closer to $200-500 for the deposit?

And you had to pay it to stay on the list during the 06-07 season. The list dropped down significantly after that because people couldn't afford to fork out $200-500 to just hold their place in line for no one knows how long, til a spot opens up for you.

Exactly. All the curmudgeons, whiners, defeatists, doom and gloomers, naysayers, negative nancies, and little make up the vocal minority of this board.

Why don't you do the world a favor and pull your bottom lip over your head and swallow?

If you can't pony up a $50 deposit to secure a spot on the list, you probably shouldn't be buying seasons.

I agree with you. My point was that this great demand for season tickets from the rabid fan base disappeared as soon as the Sabres asked for money up front to hold your spot on the list. I split season tickets and won't be giving them up any time soon, but I guarantee that another year of no playoffs and the renewal rate will take a bigger hit next year.

I agree with you. My point was that this great demand for season tickets from the rabid fan base disappeared as soon as the Sabres asked for money up front to hold your spot on the list. I split season tickets and won't be giving them up any time soon, but I guarantee that another year of no playoffs and the renewal rate will take a bigger hit next year.

.....I don't know....50 bucks to pay for a place to wait in line doesn't so much measure dedication and demand as much as it predicts a stable lifestyle.

In 2003 there were 5,800 season tickets

By the end of the 2006-07 season there were 14,000, the limit for season tickets sold.

The waiting list was long, like 6,000 seats. The ticket office needed to see who was still alive, in town, etc. so they made you put down some money.

Now the list is about 2,500 seats. There's a waiting list for suites too.

In 2003 there were 5,800 season tickets

By the end of the 2006-07 season there were 14,000, the limit for season tickets sold.

The waiting list was long, like 6,000 seats. The ticket office needed to see who was still alive, in town, etc. so they made you put down some money.

Now the list is about 2,500 seats. There's a waiting list for suites too.

2003? come on. and for suites now? I doubt it. the Buffalo financials are anything from craziness. Again with X. $50 is a mask for popularity media. Bottom line is to put a contending product forward. <_< The smirk is being generous. I will always go back to winning the divison. Bos, MTL, OTT,TOR.

Archived