CRAP TV

wjag

So, I'm thumbing through the channels when I see an NHL classic game of Sabres vs Canadiens. I think, I wonder which one, maybe I'll spend a few cycles and see.

I get a channel not purchased message.

I call CRAPTV and say, sup with dat?

They say, hmm, don't know, let's trouble shoot. Spend 15 minutes troubleshooting and the guy cries uncle and passes me off to Uber Troubleshooting, I guess.

Uber TroubleShooting tells me that I haven't bought the channel. Nonsense I say, I watched it all year. I'm told my account doesn't show it. Nonsense I repeat, check my history. I watched it all year! Then I'm told, yep, we see that you did. But you didn't purchase the channel in your current package. I said, sure I did, you guys automatically renew packages unless your subscriber tells you not to. Then I'm told, but sir, you didn't buy the channel. You only get 215 during hockey season. You have to wait until the season starts again. But you do have 212 NFL Network... GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Can somebody please break this monopoly that DirectTV has on televising sports? To spend the dough I have and not get the channel all year long is INSANE!!!!

Guest Sloth

DirectTV blows! If it wasn't for NHL Center Ice, I'd go the cable route. I know you can watch Center Ice on the internet, but games are occassionally blacked out, due to versus or nhl network broadcasting the game. You also can't see the playoff games w/ Center Ice. If your area doesn't provide versus on cable, you're fubar.

So, I'm thumbing through the channels when I see an NHL classic game of Sabres vs Canadiens. I think, I wonder which one, maybe I'll spend a few cycles and see.

I get a channel not purchased message.

I call CRAPTV and say, sup with dat?

They say, hmm, don't know, let's trouble shoot. Spend 15 minutes troubleshooting and the guy cries uncle and passes me off to Uber Troubleshooting, I guess.

Uber TroubleShooting tells me that I haven't bought the channel. Nonsense I say, I watched it all year. I'm told my account doesn't show it. Nonsense I repeat, check my history. I watched it all year! Then I'm told, yep, we see that you did. But you didn't purchase the channel in your current package. I said, sure I did, you guys automatically renew packages unless your subscriber tells you not to. Then I'm told, but sir, you didn't buy the channel. You only get 215 during hockey season. You have to wait until the season starts again. But you do have 212 NFL Network... GRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

Can somebody please break this monopoly that DirectTV has on televising sports? To spend the dough I have and not get the channel all year long is INSANE!!!!

For what it's worth, I just checked and 215 is showing just fine on my system. I've got the sports package and CI, don't know which (or both or neither) that NHL-N is considered a part of. When I've had things like the Sabres' postgame show go away, I've usually managed to get DTV to give me a credit by being persistant. It might be worth a shot.

DirectTV blows! If it wasn't for NHL Center Ice, I'd go the cable route. I know you can watch Center Ice on the internet, but games are occassionally blacked out, due to versus or nhl network broadcasting the game. You also can't see the playoff games w/ Center Ice. If your area doesn't provide versus on cable, you're fubar.

Depends on whether the game is on Vs or not. If the game is on Vs CI cannot pick it up. (Same is true for a game supposedly being shown on the local NBC affiliate. IIRC bmwolf had some issues w/ that one in the past.) If the game isn't on Vs, CI will pick it up. After the 2nd round all games are Vs or NBC so CI goes away until October.

For what it's worth, I just checked and 215 is showing just fine on my system. I've got the sports package and CI, don't know which (or both or neither) that NHL-N is considered a part of. When I've had things like the Sabres' postgame show go away, I've usually managed to get DTV to give me a credit by being persistant. It might be worth a shot.

It looks like our 215 is still on as well, and I sure as heck didn't order that station.

Depends on whether the game is on Vs or not. If the game is on Vs CI cannot pick it up. (Same is true for a game supposedly being shown on the local NBC affiliate. IIRC bmwolf had some issues w/ that one in the past.) If the game isn't on Vs, CI will pick it up. After the 2nd round all games are Vs or NBC so CI goes away until October.

Yeah, here in Cleveland we have those issues around playoff time, because the local NBC affiliate broadcasts Sunday afternoon Indians' home games, which means it bumps the NHL. IIRC they told me that CI cannot pick up the feed if the local affiliate decides not to show part of the game.

I just got off the phone with DTV, having gone through the exact same exchange. Now I have to wait until I order CI for next season (which is not even available to order for a few months) until I get the NHL network again. GARBAGE.

Although, I could probably use a little time away from hockey. It is summer after all.

I have no problem with The NHL Network. I don't pay extra for it. They have actually had some decent Sabres flashback on. Against the Flyers in the 2001 Playoffs and the 10 Greatest Sabres/Habs playoff series.

yep,my 215 works fine. I hace CI as well. Can't see why yours would not be working. If you have a DVR, set up an aoto record wishlist for Buffalo Sabres. Nothing better than flicking on the TV and seeing a new classic series on there between the Sabres and XX. Happens it seems like once a week.

I have dish network...I get the NHL network with my HD package, but unless I pay more than DOUBLE what I do a month for my TV bill, I can't get Versus at all. It is only available with the top tier pack.

Now tell me that isn't messed up?

Guest Sloth

I'm in Biloxi, MS, due to the military, and the only way I can see Sabres hoceky is on center ice online. Down here, we don't get versus. In Jackson, MS, they get versus. If the coast got versus, I'd be VERY happy. Right now, I have to go to a friend's, also from Buffalo, house to watch every Sabres game. My wife hates the fact I have this desire to watch every game. When a game is blacked out, I'm at my friend's house. When it's not, I'm at home watching the game on Center Ice, which is most of the time. Still, being out of Buffalo sucks. I cannot wait to return to Buffalo in 17 years as a permanent citizen. Man, I miss just about everything...

So it seems that if you have the sports package upgrade, you get 215, if you only have CI, you don't. I say again, that's INSANE!!

This is NOT true on my end... I have DirecTV and do not have the sports package and can watch NHL Network just fine... just watched the Sabres vs Islanders from 1980 and will probably watch again today at 1:00 :)

I don't know why some of you are having problems, I've had DirecTV for 7 years and haven't had any problems and am saving a ton of money by not having the true monopoly Comcast cable.

This is NOT true on my end... I have DirecTV and do not have the sports package and can watch NHL Network just fine... just watched the Sabres vs Islanders from 1980 and will probably watch again today at 1:00 :)

I don't know why some of you are having problems, I've had DirecTV for 7 years and haven't had any problems and am saving a ton of money by not having the true monopoly Comcast cable.

You do not have to have the sports package, but the NHL Network is only available if you have Total Choice package. NHL Network is available to CI subscribers during the season.

Nucci, I definitely still get 215 and I definitely get NO upgraded packagaes except Center Ice and Sunday Ticket ... I have NO movie channels, no sports package, nothin' ...

It's so weird, I have had nothing but a great experience with DirecTV and have heard the same from many others .... but have also heard some horror stories ... I just considr myself lucky, I guess ...

Nucci, I definitely still get 215 and I definitely get NO upgraded packagaes except Center Ice and Sunday Ticket ... I have NO movie channels, no sports package, nothin' ...

It's so weird, I have had nothing but a great experience with DirecTV and have heard the same from many others .... but have also heard some horror stories ... I just considr myself lucky, I guess ...

I don't know either. I was watching yesterday and it went blank. Called them up and was told NHL Network is not on the package I subscribe to. What channel package do you have? I'm guessing you have Total Choice or Total Choice Premier. I don't know all their choices but what I have does not include NHL Network. NHL Network will return when the season starts.

I don't know either. I was watching yesterday and it went blank. Called them up and was told NHL Network is not on the package I subscribe to. What channel package do you have? I'm guessing you have Total Choice or Total Choice Premier. I don't know all their choices but what I have does not include NHL Network. NHL Network will return when the season starts.

I'm with Pipes. I watched Buffalo v. Islanders yesterday and have no problems with Directv.

I'm with Pipes. I watched Buffalo v. Islanders yesterday and have no problems with Directv.

Which channel package do you have? I have Total Choice - About $50.00/month. I was told by DirecTV that NHL Network is not on this package. Curious to know what you guys have.

i have total choice plus, nhl center ice, and sunday ticket. I've never had an issue with channel 215, and i just checked right now and i get it.

I have been in contact with DirecTV. I have an old package (insert joke here ) that is no longer offered called Total Choice. I have to upgrade to Total Choice Plus to receive the NHL Network during the off-season.

Archived