Non-Sabres entry draft trade and/or rumor discussion

Goodfella25

One report out of Ottawa had 2008 Hart Trophy candidate Evgeni Malkin on the move from the Eastern Conference champion Pittsburgh Penguins, while Jason Spezza's name continues to be mentioned as possible trade bait. The latter claim was quickly disputed by the Senators' chief deal maker.

"You guys make up more stuff than I can ever imagine," Ottawa general manager Bryan Murray told reporters on Thursday. "I heard a rumour last night that Pittsburgh was moving one of their star players. I talked to their manager today to see if I could be included in the discussions and they kind of laughed at me."

LINK

Thuferrin thucccotash! Maybe it's as simple as no one liking you, Bryan...

3-way trade between L.A., Anaheim, and Calgary

Calgary gets:

Mike Cammalleri

L.A. gets:

12th overall pick (from Ana)

Anaheim gets:

17th overall pick (from Cal>>L.A.)

28th overall pick (L.A.>>Dal)

Calgary makes another deal

Calgary gets:

25th overall (from Mon)

Montreal gets:

Alex Tanguay

Ballard, Boynton and a 2nd-round pick? Seems like we could have put together a better package than that for Olli...

I think its pretty obvious that Florida wanted defense (Bowmeester, no clue if its spelled right, is probably gone after this one). We didn't have any package to put together there.

Ballard, Boynton and a 2nd-round pick? Seems like we could have put together a better package than that for Olli...

Gr today said the Sabres front office werent interested in Olli due to his away play..Good home team player but bad on the road..I found that funny....But if its in the playoffs you gotta win on the road

I think its pretty obvious that Florida wanted defense (Bowmeester, no clue if its spelled right, is probably gone after this one). We didn't have any package to put together there.

Even if that's true (that they just wanted defense) Phoenix traded a journeyman defenseman in Boynton, a former first-round pick who hasn't lived up to expectations in Ballard, and a 2nd round pick. I would have traded Lydman or Tallinder, a defensive prospect or Paetsch and a pick for Jokinen.

Gr today said the Sabres front office werent interested in Olli due to his away play..Good home team player but bad on the road..I found that funny....But if its in the playoffs you gotta win on the road

Not if you win home-ice advantage and win all your home games... :nana:

Even if that's true (that they just wanted defense) Phoenix traded a journeyman defenseman in Boynton, a former first-round pick who hasn't lived up to expectations in Ballard, and a 2nd round pick. I would have traded Lydman or Tallinder, a defensive prospect or Paetsch and a pick for Jokinen.

Florida now has 5 defensemen making $2.5 million or more. I don't know how much more they can throw into the blueline. Now that they've got so little talent up front, they may have to move Bouwmeester for some young talent up there.

Florida now has 5 defensemen making $2.5 million or more. I don't know how much more they can throw into the blueline. Now that they've got so little talent up front, they may have to move Bouwmeester for some young talent up there.

If sten is right and the Sabres weren't interested then it matters not, but I think we could have done better than that package. I just hope it's true that they weren't interested and they don't say that the price was too high, because I think Florida could have gotten more than what they did.

Now if they want to move Bouwmeester for some offensive depth I'd be happy to entertain trade talks...Max, Kotalik, MacArthur, etc....

Cant you ever agree with me.. :wallbash: LOL

Well it's true, right? Home-ice advantage means a max of 4 games on home ice each round...win home-ice advantage, then win all your home games each round and you can call the engravers... :thumbsup:

If sten is right and the Sabres weren't interested then it matters not, but I think we could have done better than that package.

Now if they want to move Bouwmeester for some offensive depth I'd be happy to entertain trade talks...Max, Kotalik, MacArthur, etc....

Well it's true, right? Home-ice advantage means a max of 4 games on home ice each round...win home-ice advantage, then win all your home games each round and you can call the engravers... :thumbsup:

Theres the ticket right there..Make that move and our d is way better...

I heard it on gr on my way back from golfing..No names were named just from what Chris Parker had heard from more than a few in the Sabres....

I heard it on gr on my way back from golfing..No names were named just from what Chris Parker had heard from more than a few in the Sabres....

Did you forget to say something there, because I have no idea what you're saying you heard on GR.

If you would have read my post on another thread earlier today, you would know that Chris must have got his info from me.

Did you forget to say something there, because I have no idea what you're saying you heard on GR.

I posted a tad earlier on this thread that On gr 55 (which I hardly listen to) on my way back from golf an hour ago that Chris Parker (aka Bullfrog) said he had heard from people in the Sabres organization that they did not like Jokinen, one of the main reasons is he doesnt show up to play on the road and he doesnt play full go even half the time..Just what I heard..It might be on the Audio vault.It was right after they interviewed Darcy before the Draft..I also got the impression they like Kyle Beach

I posted a tad earlier on this thread that On gr 55 (which I hardly listen to) on my way back from golf an hour ago that Chris Parker (aka Bullfrog) said he had heard from people in the Sabres organization that they did not like Jokinen, one of the main reasons is he doesnt show up to play on the road and he doesnt play full go even half the time..Just what I heard..It might be on the Audio vault.It was right after they interviewed Darcy before the Draft..I also got the impression they like Kyle Beach

Ok, makes sense. I'm having a hard time keep track of the 8 different pages I'm following right now.

Archived