Non-Sabres entry draft trade and/or rumor discussion

Goodfella25

I don't know what to think of that Columbus-Philly trade.

All of these trades make me optimistic about what we can get in return for Afinogenov. I think we may wait to get an actual player in return though, something that can play this year.

All of these trades make me optimistic about what we can get in return for Afinogenov. I think we may wait to get an actual player in return though, something that can play this year.

He should get what Tanguay fetched....If they want picks. But if its a player and a pick maybe we see him Florida when we pick up Bowmeester :thumbsup:

I don't know what to think of that Columbus-Philly trade.

I think it's a straight salary dump by Philly. Umberger is a pretty good player, but he's an RFA on July 1, and the Flyers' cap number is already at $48 million. That right there is the price you pay for signing expensive UFAs. They essentially had to dump a good, young top-9 forward for a draft pick that most likely won't end up being as good a player as RJ.

I think it's a straight salary dump by Philly. Umberger is a pretty good player, but he's an RFA on July 1, and the Flyers' cap number is already at $48 million. That right there is the price you pay for signing expensive UFAs. They essentially had to dump a good, young top-9 forward for a draft pick that most likely won't end up being as good a player as RJ.

I'd say you're dead on with that one. Mid-level players like Umberger are going to move all around this league in the future.

McCollum probably deserves his own thread, but here's to two local boys being selected in the first round in successive years. Looking forward to Kane shooting on him in Norris division bouts in the years to come.

Archived