Non-Sabres entry draft trade and/or rumor discussion

Goodfella25

Early trades:

- Toronto acquires RW Jamal Mayers from St. Louis for a 3rd round pick

- St. Louis acquires G Chris Mason from Nashville for a 4th round pick.

- Ray Emery has been placed on waivers by the Ottawa Senators. If he isn't claimed, they are expected to buy him out.

- Dan Cloutier has been placed on waivers by the Kings. Same deal as Emery.

Rumors (these are from thefourthperiod.com, which uses newspapers as their source for any rumors) http://www.thefourthperiod.com/rumors.html. Just a few:

Update: This Malkin thing is crazy...$12.5 mil per year, in guarenteed money? Is this the beginning of a tug-of-war between the NHL and the new Russian Superleague?

- The Ottawa Sun is reporting the Canucks are shopping the Sedin twins.

- The South Florida Sun-Sentinel is reporting that Jokinen will be traded "today" because the Panthers want to get into the 1st round.

- The Edmonton Sun is reporting that the Oilers have received "22 trade offers" over the last 3 days.

- San Jose Mercury News - the Sharks are trying to get Campbell signed now.

- The Montreal Gazette is saying that the Canadiens would trade their 1st round pick for a "proven forward".

Would Max fit in with the Habs?

They say they want a proven forward, and Max is proven, although it is proven to be frustrating/inconsisent

AS for the rest, if Florida wants to get into the 1st round, I know a team with an extra late 1st. And I have heard thet the Sedin rumor is false, or atleast they were saying that Vancouver had no intentions of trading them last night.

Anyone else thing that half the deals made to Edmonton are Burke making calls saying he'd trade them a bag of pucks for one fo their RFA's, and when they say no, he says fine, I'll just steal them away July 1st

Eklund reported an hour ago that Washington and Chicago are very much interested in dealing for Max and he believes Max will be a goner by tonight.

Well that means #61 will still be a Sabre at the end of the draft... :wallbash:

In all seriousness, does anyone think Seabrook or Byfuglien might be a real possibility in exchange for Max and a draft pick? Byfuglien for Max straight up?

I would probably think Seabrook over Byfuglien. We do need a righty on the blue line for once. Byfugliens numbers dont look that good for 100 games played. He looks like he's on the way up but who knows. I would like to see then either bring in a d-man or a center. I think getting anything else would be adding to a already large forward group.

If Seabrook for Max or Byfuglien for Max was offered Darcy should have the paperwork in the fax and ready to go before the call ends and the Hawks come to their senses.

Here's more to chew on, as if there wasn't enough already...

TSN is now reporting that the Toronto Maple Leafs have granted the Montreal Canadiens permission to speak with Mats Sundin about the possibility of him signing in Montreal. Now I've heard everything. This is bizzaro world. Up is down. Right is left. I'm lost.

Here's more to chew on, as if there wasn't enough already...

TSN is now reporting that the Toronto Maple Leafs have granted the Montreal Canadiens permission to speak with Mats Sundin about the possibility of him signing in Montreal. Now I've heard everything. This is bizzaro world. Up is down. Right is left. I'm lost.

:blink:

That's it. Time to stock up on guns, ammo, gold and canned foods and wait for the impending Armageddon.

Archived