Penguins *Rumored* to be Shopping Malkin to Kings

That Aud Smell

Guest Sloth

Hossa over Malkin? Dumbass decision. I understand a good player and a number 2 pick, but Malkin carried the Penguins when Crosby was out. The guy was going off! Sure, he sucked in the finals, but come on! I know Malkin will make as much, if not more, as Hossa when contracts are made. The number 2 pick could be a bust. Malkin is a proven player.

Hossa over Malkin? Dumbass decision. I understand a good player and a number 2 pick, but Malkin carried the Penguins when Crosby was out. The guy was going off! Sure, he sucked in the finals, but come on! I know Malkin will make as much, if not more, as Hossa when contracts are made. The number 2 pick could be a bust. Malkin is a proven player.

There seems to be a lot of talk that indicates Malkin is the type of player that wants to be "The Man" on his team. I wonder if there is some problems between him and Crosby tha might be fueling his removal from the Pens

There seems to be a lot of talk that indicates Malkin is the type of player that wants to be "The Man" on his team. I wonder if there is some problems between him and Crosby tha might be fueling his removal from the Pens

i guess that's possible.

to me, it seems more like the penguins' fo is intent on getting crosby his kurri.

Malkin is a ticking timebomb for salary. What happens when he is offered a 10mil X 13 yr. offer sheet in 13 months?

Moving him a year early is better than a year late. It will give Pittsburgh the negotiating certainty to shape that team.

Certainly not a dumbass move IMO.

I'm calling BS, with extreme prejudice, on this rumor. There is NFW they are trading Malkin, esp. not for a draft pick. There is about a 3% chance that anyone they would draft with the #2 pick will be as good as Malkin. The fact that they are trying to keep Hossa does not mean they need to unload Malkin. It just means they will have about 40% of their cap space tied up in Crosby, Malkin, and Hossa -- which is a very legitimate decision on cap space.

I'm calling BS, with extreme prejudice, on this rumor. There is NFW they are trading Malkin, esp. not for a draft pick. There is about a 3% chance that anyone they would draft with the #2 pick will be as good as Malkin. The fact that they are trying to keep Hossa does not mean they need to unload Malkin. It just means they will have about 40% of their cap space tied up in Crosby, Malkin, and Hossa -- which is a very legitimate decision on cap space.

Just for the sake of argument. I think Cammaleri would be a great 2nd line center. He would thrive in the East.

Put him on the Pens, he'll put up Briere type numbers for half the price.

Just for the sake of argument. I think Cammaleri would be a great 2nd line center. He would thrive in the East.

I don't disagree, and in fact wouldn't mind seeing him on another team I follow that needs a #2 center. But a Malkin trade is impossible.

while i think there could yet be something to this rumor (e.g., shero may not want 40% tied up on crosby, malkin and hossa when he's got guys like fleury and (to a lesser extent) staal to take care of), i am all in favor of extremely prejudicial pronouncements against that smug, stupid fug, garrioch. ;)

while i think there could yet be something to this rumor (e.g., shero may not want 40% tied up on crosby, malkin and hossa when he's got guys like fleury and (to a lesser extent) staal to take care of), i am all in favor of extremely prejudicial pronouncements against that smug, stupid fug, garrioch. ;)

Is this where we can write Bruce Garrioch is douchey, Bruce Garrioch is douchey, Bruce Garrioch is douchey, Bruce Garrioch is douchey, and hope he gets the Google Alert? :lol:

Hiya Bruce, I know you'll check!

He's the plus-sized slob from Ottawa that was on the Sabres telecast defending the Neil hit on Drury, right? If so, he's not to be taken seriously.

As for Fleury and Staal -- if I'm Shero, I'd rather keep Staal than Fleury.

I think there's something to it, if for no reason other than Shero should be talking to people, keeping every option open. I doubt it has gone any further than that though.

I agree.

If the choice is: A) Malkin, or B) Hossa, Cammaleri, and the 2nd pick in the draft, I'll take option B!

IMO, The Kings won't deal Cammaleri. Too valuable to them right now.

IMO, The Kings won't deal Cammaleri. Too valuable to them right now.

Maybe...but they do have some depth at C. Kopitar is their #1 and O'Sullivan is blossoming into a nice #2. I wouldn't be surprised if they shop him around for a package with a #1 goalie.

Archived