Stanley Cup Playoffs Game Discussion Thread

Bmwolf21

I went to bed after the 2nd OT, but DVR'ed the rest(I will watch it tonight). Here are the comments from Campbell and Ron Wilson on the penalty call...

"You're trying to battle for a puck. From my point, he started flopping," Campbell said. "I can't do much about it."

Coach Ron Wilson didn't dispute the call.

"Well, it was tripping," Wilson said. "It was a trip, we had to kill it off, and we didn't."

Your Stanley Cup Finals

Pens (in 6) VS. Stars (in 6)

A pretty lame finals if you ask me, but the Pens are exciting with all that offense. The NHL would like to have Crosby there, I'm sure.

I just get the feeling that nothing will stop the Wings this year....and a Wings-Pens final is exactly what the NHL needs, IMO.

Your Stanley Cup Finals

Pens (in 6) VS. Stars (in 6)

A pretty lame finals if you ask me, but the Pens are exciting with all that offense. The NHL would like to have Crosby there, I'm sure.

I think watching Brendan Morrow is just as exciting.

What a series he had.

Did I say I like Brendan Morrow?

19 hits last night. 19.

19 frickin hits.

And not little RTSS intern stat keeper hits either.

He lost more than a million:

"Brian Campbell was called for tripping close to the Dallas net before Morrow scored the winner"

A D-man making a penalty IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE!

:wallbash: :rolleyes: :wallbash:

He is an offensive defensman..Will you freakin give it up..Jealous joy makes you look a fool.. :wallbash: <_< :wallbash:

He is an offensive defensman..Will you freakin give it up..Jealous joy makes you look a fool.. :wallbash: <_< :wallbash:

In all fairness - committing a tripping penalty in the offensive zone is almost always a bad penalty, no matter who does the deed...

In all fairness - committing a tripping penalty in the offensive zone is almost always a bad penalty, no matter who does the deed...

The AP had their story wrong. The tripping call was definitely in the corner to Nabokov's left moving back up towards Dallas's point.

It was in the Sharks defensive zone.

The AP had their story wrong. The tripping call definitely in the corner to Nabokov's left moving back up towards Dallas's point.

It was in the defensive zone.

I thought that sounded wrong when I read it, but it was pretty late when Soupy was whistled for the foul, so I thought my tired memory might be hazy.

Either way the point stands (sort of) - penalties in the offensive zone are usually bad penalties to take. Of course a tripping penalty in your own end is more subject to interpretation - but a call in the corner while fighting for the puck isn't one I'd categorize as a "good penalty."

Best save I have ever seen... TSN guys said that during the broadcast and the Dallas broadcast also said that. If you haven't seen it, do yourself a favor and check it out. It's the best save I have ever seen considering the pressure and timing of the series...

I'm not positive that it actually was a save. The camera being slightly behind the goal line and the puck being in the air make it look closer to the goal line than it really is. Especially after watching it on the angle from the side of the net I'm not convinced it wasn't fully in the net.

Not sure why the league doesn't put the overhead camera directly on the goal line. (But then you couldn't see the puck in the net is the expected answer.) But if the camera were directly on the line, then if you can see all of the puck it definitely is in the net. If you can't, then it isn't. For the case where the goalie's body or another player's body or a stick impedes the view, and you can't see the puck; you'd have the same issue whether the camera is directly on the line or not.

Brendan Morrow was amazing. Just amazing.

That hit he laid on Michalek 3 hours ago was only 1 of 19.

19 hits! to put that into perspective Gaustad led the Sabres with 199 hits for an 82 game season.

56 min. of ice time for Soup. 49 sec. in the box. Tough way to end it.

Turco and Nabakov were just amazing.

I watched the 4th OT during lunch today. Very good description of the man. As the game wore on it seemed either Morrow or JR would get the winner.

In the 4th OT?... That is when the D needs to clamp down... Defense wins championships.

Again... You stay home in the 4th OT.

Offensive defenseman, I think of Bobby Orr... Brian, you are not Bobby Orr.

I am a fool? So I am a fool... :nana: :nana:

The guy is a douche... Hey I can't blame him if he needs a few extra coin in his pocket in case he gets hurt... I would hate to see his family starve in these hard ecomomic times!

<_< <_<

The AP had their story wrong. The tripping call was definitely in the corner to Nabokov's left moving back up towards Dallas's point.

It was in the Sharks defensive zone.

:oops: :oops: My bad Brian. Still, just me... I let the play ride and don't go heavy on the stick in the 4th OT... IMO, I'd rather take the heat for a goal against my team WHILE I WAS PHYSICALLY ON THE ICE than sitting in the bin!

Just me!

Archived